News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 27, 2016, 08:51:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Pokemon Go craze  (Read 7723 times)

Kaymyth

Re: Pokemon Go craze
« Reply #135 on: August 22, 2016, 02:34:07 PM »
The best way to level up that I've found is to spend a few days catching stuff, trade in what you can to get candies to evolve as many as possible, then use a lucky egg and get evolving. I made it from 20 to 21 in half an hour doing that. Evolved about 30 pidgys and weedles.

YES.  My friends and I call this an Omelet.  Spread the lingo!

We had some great Pokemon meetups at MidAmeriCon II this weekend (this year's WorldCon).  I leveled up once, and am now 160 XP from leveling again.  And I'm pretty sure I have enough critters for another Omelet, once I grind a bunch of extras into candy.

I got lost in the building and missed the meetup!  ;D It worked out OK, though, because missing it let me get in line super early for GRRM's autograph, and then I got some quality Pokemon time later in the afternoon out in the park. All those geeks in one place=everything was lured all the time. I dropped a few myself and benefited from others' too.

Another eHellion was there!  Were you there for the entire con, or just in on a day pass?

(Cause see, what I'm really asking, is did you see the Masquerade costume competition?  I was in it.)

Friday-Sunday, and only a little bit of it! I was in the con suite at the time and saw some of it streamed. If you were a Valkyrie, I know I saw you! Otherwise, I'm not sure!

Ah!  I was the Victorian Twilight Sparkle.  A few of my NaNo friends spotted me after the Masquerade was all over and made me come upstairs and do a "victory lap" of the Consuite party area because reasons.  And I was riding high off my Novice division win, so I was pretty amenable to running around and showing off.  :D

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #136 on: August 22, 2016, 02:54:57 PM »
I got my first Pikachu today.  :D
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Team HoundMom

« Reply #137 on: August 22, 2016, 03:20:28 PM »

Did you catch it or hatch it from an egg?

ladyknight1

« Reply #138 on: August 22, 2016, 03:29:20 PM »
Caught it!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Yvaine

« Reply #139 on: August 22, 2016, 04:03:40 PM »
The best way to level up that I've found is to spend a few days catching stuff, trade in what you can to get candies to evolve as many as possible, then use a lucky egg and get evolving. I made it from 20 to 21 in half an hour doing that. Evolved about 30 pidgys and weedles.

We had some great Pokemon meetups at MidAmeriCon II this weekend (this year's WorldCon).  I leveled up once, and am now 160 XP from leveling again.  And I'm pretty sure I have enough critters for another Omelet, once I grind a bunch of extras into candy.

I got lost in the building and missed the meetup!  ;D It worked out OK, though, because missing it let me get in line super early for GRRM's autograph, and then I got some quality Pokemon time later in the afternoon out in the park. All those geeks in one place=everything was lured all the time. I dropped a few myself and benefited from others' too.

Another eHellion was there!  Were you there for the entire con, or just in on a day pass?

(Cause see, what I'm really asking, is did you see the Masquerade costume competition?  I was in it.)

Friday-Sunday, and only a little bit of it! I was in the con suite at the time and saw some of it streamed. If you were a Valkyrie, I know I saw you! Otherwise, I'm not sure!

Ah!  I was the Victorian Twilight Sparkle.  A few of my NaNo friends spotted me after the Masquerade was all over and made me come upstairs and do a "victory lap" of the Consuite party area because reasons.  And I was riding high off my Novice division win, so I was pretty amenable to running around and showing off.  :D

I did see that! I thought it was really cool.

(The Valkyries had stuck in my mind because they earwormed me!)

Kaymyth

« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2016, 05:28:32 PM »

I did see that! I thought it was really cool.

(The Valkyries had stuck in my mind because they earwormed me!)

Thank you!  I am incredibly proud of the work I put into that costume.  I was quite nervous going out there, but the crowd reacted to my routine wonderfully.

The Valkyries were hilarious, though I think Rambo Brite made me giggle the hardest.

HannahGrace

« Reply #141 on: August 22, 2016, 10:39:34 PM »

I got my first one on Saturday!

SCAJAfamily

« Reply #142 on: August 22, 2016, 11:56:54 PM »
I love seeing everyone's progress.  I am level 18 (1/3 way thru).  I went to the local haunt with 8 pokestops and saw a double lure so I stopped and got my first horsey and charmander.  My highest CP is a lapras with 1300 from a 10k egg.
SCAJAfamily = dd S 23, ds C 16, ds A 13, dh J and myself dw A

Carotte

« Reply #143 on: Yesterday at 04:28:58 AM »
I'm picking up a new cellphone tomorow, I hope it means I'll get to actually play without restarting the app sometimes 3 times per minute! (new cellphone is because the old one only receive 4/5 of the messages sent to it, not really good for a cellphone...)

I'm level 12, stockpiling the pokemons and the candies to fully use my lucky egg.
I found out you can see how many X you saw/caught so when I said I was in a drowzee hot spot I got confirmation, of 252 pokemon caught or hatched, 52 were Drowzees. One in five  :o

From those 252 only two were Magikarps, which need 400 candies to evolve into a Gyarados, at this speed I'll need to play daylie for 6 months!... (Or find the magikarp hot spot)

ladyknight1

« Reply #144 on: Yesterday at 07:19:24 AM »
I get lots of magikarps at work.

I had hit level 9, got a lucky egg and saved it, started amassing lots of Pidgeys, Weedles and Caterpies to evolve. Hit level 10, got another lucky egg, then evolved all I could, including a psyduck, so now I have a golduck, and it is pretty powerful at 612. I am now level 12.

My favorite so far is the Vulpix I hatched yesterday.

Most powerful is Pidgeot at 623. Just waiting until I can evolve my three Evees.

My university campus has dozens (at least) of pokestops and I am bringing my son and DH (who doesn't play) to visit my gallery exhibit before I pull it down next week.
-J.R.R Tolkien

diesel_darlin

« Reply #145 on: Yesterday at 08:08:28 PM »
Im at level 18, about 2500 away from level 19. My highest CP is a Clefairy, followed closely by a Golduck. I have the Jolteon, Flareon, and the Vaporeon. My backyard is full of Eevee's apparently! 

I didnt realize till last weekend that if I save all those blasted Pidgeys, Rattatas, Caterpies, Weedles,  Venonats, and others I have a zillion of,  I could evolve them and get tons more XP if I used an egg.  :-\ I was giving them to the Professor as soon as I caught them because I had already evolved several of each.  ;D

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #146 on: Yesterday at 08:23:07 PM »
I'm just teetering on the brink of lvl 21.  I took my first gym a couple of days ago and am actually still holding it as of this evening which is pretty sweet.
"After all this time?"
"Always."

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
« Reply #147 on: Yesterday at 08:45:49 PM »
I'm staring into the vast XP abyss that is the gap between 23 and 24.  I have an Exeggcutor that is over 2000CP and quite a few other very high CP - Vaporeon, Flareons, and a Vileplume over 1500.

It's impossible to hold the gyms around here for very long - too many active players.  I can take down any gym by myself in about 5 minutes - persistence pays off!

diesel_darlin

« Reply #148 on: Today at 02:06:17 AM »
I got a Machop earlier! I want the Exeggcutor so bad! I've only gotten a few Exeggcutes so far.

I almost have enough Oddishes to evolve my Gloom.

I can't keep a gym for more than a few hours.  ;D