Author Topic: Kudos WalMart.com  (Read 735 times)

veronaz

Kudos WalMart.com
« on: September 17, 2014, 10:44:01 PM »
I like WalMart, but I sometimes find it exhausting to shop there.  Itís like a football field.  I donít go often enough to know where things are.  Good deals on household things, but often the item I want is out of stock.

So Iíve used their online shopping a few times, and Iíve been really happy with it.  I ordered something Saturday morning and got it yesterday (Tuesday). Fedex Standard delivery - wasn't due to arrive until tomorrow..

However, I try to stay away from the store Nov thru Jan.  Too crowded.

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
Re: Kudos WalMart.com
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2014, 12:42:46 AM »
I ordered a bunch of stuff from them.  However, one box didn't make it.  FedEx said it was damaged and sent back to Walmart.  Walmart showed it as having been delivered.

So, now I have to figure it all out.

GreenEyedHawk

• Not hot but SPICY
    • My Facebook.  Feel free to add me!
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2014, 12:44:16 AM »
I know what you mean about the huge store and the crowds and stuff, veronaz.  I hate crowds and try to do my shopping at less-busy times if I can.

For the past few years though I've been doing all my Christmas shopping online and it's been awesome.  No malls at all!
"After all this time?"
"Always."

Please pass the Calgon

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2014, 03:22:21 AM »
We have 3 Walmart's within 10 minutes of eachother, the newest is just over a year old. They are all always total messes and even in the newest there are strips of duct tape all over the linoleum covering torn/worn spots. During our last (& last, I'm done w/ them) visit, I asked DH "so when does the duct tape move from temporary fix to design/decoration choice?? Is this part of their ambience now?". I'm sure it has to do with the store managers and what they allow but don't they have regional manager who should step up and point out how tacky & messy they are?

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2014, 02:55:14 PM »
I have a super Walmart near me.  I've found that the best time to go shopping is between 3 and 6am.  The late shift people have all gone through and gone home.  The parents have taken their kids home.  Very few people have large shopping carts full of stuff.  It's great.                                                                             

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 03:00:49 PM »
Our walmart isn't as bad as far as other customers go. Actually more than once I've had someone say "Oh go ahead, you have less to buy than we do!"

But what ticks me off is when you grab something that looks just like everything else on the shelf/hook behind it and get to the register to find out it's not $3.00 like you thought, but rather $10 cause there's some minor imperceptible difference you didn't notice. So I've taken to checking SKU #'s or scanning it with the randomly placed scanners.

Or sometimes there's no pricetag whatsoever and you have to go from the toy section clear over to the entertainment section just to find one of those scanners.  ::)
Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

lowspark

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 03:09:33 PM »
I ordered a bunch of stuff from them.  However, one box didn't make it.  FedEx said it was damaged and sent back to Walmart.  Walmart showed it as having been delivered.

So, now I have to figure it all out.

I had a similar situation occur with an order from WalMart. They sent my order in three boxes but I only ever received the first two. I don't know what happened to the third. I went on their website and let them know I didn't receive the third even though they had it marked as delivered. They had me sign an electronic affidavit swearing I'd never received the box and then refunded my money. In other words, they took my (sworn) word for it. I was a bit panicked about it but it turned out to be easily and professionally handled.

SamiHami

• No! Iz mai catnip! You no can haz! YOU NO CAN HAZ!
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 03:33:33 PM »
I ordered a treadmill from walmart.com a few years ago. It was delivered and we discovered a part was damaged. I contacted them and they said they'd send another one and pick up the defective one at that time, which they did. The new one had the same defect. This went on for several rounds. Finally, they said they would refund my money and I could keep the latest one that they delivered if I wanted it. I decided that heck, yes! I wanted it. My husband was able to fix it himself and it's worked perfectly ever since. So, yeah, I'm a fan.  :)

What have you got? Is it food? Is it for me? I want it whatever it is!

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 06:49:18 PM »
It took me a little more than 10 minutes to iron out my missing box.

I knew from looking at the Fedex tracking that it had been damaged and sent back.  One problem was that Fedex reported the package as "delivered" but not that it was delivered back to the sender!

I think Walmart should have contacted me when they got it to arrange the replacement.  The person I spoke to even needed a supervisor to approve the replacement in spite of the fact that he  could see on the computer that it had been damaged.

Anyway, my replacement cooking sauces should be here on Monday.  :)

We have a Walmart grocery very close by but they only have self checkouts for the most part and it does save a lot of time an energy having the non-perishables delivered.

veronaz

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2014, 07:23:47 PM »
I'm not crazy about WalMart groceries - I'm picky about produce and meats.  But I can see where it works for large families.

Sheets, towels, place mats.....things like that are good deals.  Also some tioletries and cleaning products.

JoieGirl7

• Super Hero!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2014, 08:40:19 PM »
I'm not crazy about WalMart groceries - I'm picky about produce and meats.  But I can see where it works for large families.

Sheets, towels, place mats.....things like that are good deals.  Also some tioletries and cleaning products.

I don't buy meat there.  Sometimes there is good produce but not all the time--it's kind of spotty.  The perishables I get there are frozen items, and dairy.

Gotta go to a bigger place for the meat.

daen

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2014, 11:03:38 PM »
When we were living in the US, I made use of the ship-to-store function. I could order stuff online (like the yarn that was out of stock everywhere but Texas), and have it shipped to our local store. I got a text when it arrived, and I showed the text to the person at the pickup desk to claim my package.

Granted, I had to go to the store, but the shipping was free, and the local store was quite decent for cleanliness and lack of crowding.