News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• February 27, 2015, 04:39:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread  (Read 63457 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: The 'I Accomplished Something Today!' Thread
« Reply #1260 on: February 16, 2015, 12:10:29 PM »
I've accomplished nothing all weekend.  I have developed a new allergy and I've been on Benedryl all weekend.  I've spent most of it napping!  I did manage to get the dishwasher packed and run last night.  I'll get that unpacked today, get the non-dishwasher dishes done and clean out the driveway.  That's probably about it, though.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Snooks

« Reply #1261 on: February 21, 2015, 09:40:44 AM »
I cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom, DH vacuumed the house then we went out to try a new restaurant near us for lunch (it was good, and cheap!).  We also made a decision about what to do with our living room to make it more liveable.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #1262 on: February 21, 2015, 10:03:47 AM »
Sent class notes off to two fellow students.
Made biscuits, started breakfast.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #1263 on: February 21, 2015, 11:19:14 AM »
I got out of bed.  :P  I am really considering crawling back in it though.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

VorFemme

• Super Hero!
  • Strolls with scissors! Too tired to run today!
« Reply #1264 on: February 21, 2015, 02:23:48 PM »
Replaced the elastic in a gathered waistband skirt (hippy vibe and it can work as underpinnings in a not-too-historically-correct Renn Faire outfit) - the horizontal lace insertion between various gathered panels makes it a bit see through for the top layer if you don't have underpinnings. 

But it's cotton gauze - which works better in Georgia from mid-April through the first weekend in June than heavier fabrics or anything not cotton would....

Ripped out the entire turned waistband to get the vertical stitching out on the existing "dead" (no stretch left) elastic because it wouldn't come out of a stitched tube with that in place, then sewed most of the waistband back in place using the same topstitching method, drew the elastic through, zig zagged a square where it overlapped (still stretches but the stitches don't break), and inserted the elastic before top stitching the remaining four finger width of opening. 

Stretched it to the max to get the gathers to hang evenly & let it relax.  Now to wash it one more time....bought it at a Goodwill and I'd rather wash it before wearing it, even though I already washed it - this time to get the chalk marks, thread bits, and the like out of it.

I'm looking around for another mending project - they aren't as much fun as sewing from flat fabric - but they are sometimes faster!  Depends on how much ripping & resewing needs to be done.
Let sleeping dragons be.......morning breath......need I say more?

greencat

« Reply #1265 on: February 21, 2015, 02:27:18 PM »
I showered and got dressed and got out the ingredients for the cupcakes I was making today...and found out I was missing a few things, so I went out to the store.  Got back home, made the cupcakes, and while they were baking, I got my slow-cooker pot roast going and made myself an omelette for lunch.  I will spend most of the rest of the day at a friend's birthday party, and then go out on a date later tonight.

cicero

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1266 on: February 21, 2015, 02:45:37 PM »
finally managed to get out and take a walk. we've had horrible weather since thursday - i left work a bit early and it started snowing jsut as i got home. friday we woke up to about a foot of snow and it snowed more all morning. at some point it looked like it had melted so i went out to take a walk but i didn't get very far - our building has a number of access points but they are all either up or down stairs or a long a path - and all these were covered with snow/ice so i decided not to risk it.

today, most of the snow had melted so i went out for a walk, but... it started to rain. finally, around 3, it was sunny, no rain, and i managed to walk for about 1.5 hours.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1267 on: February 21, 2015, 08:16:36 PM »
I loaded the dishwasher, did the non-dishwasher dishes, updated my meeting minutes from my union meeting last week to send to the local president, talked to my friend who's 2 week old daughter is in Sick Kid's Hospital (baby is hanging in there), went on a lunch date that turned into a 6.5 hour date, including a snowshoe hike, and now have the second load of laundry in the washer.  I have two more loads to do but I'll only get one of them done tonight; the other, I'll do in the morning.

Tomorrow, I'll put away the dishes on the counter since they'll be dry.  I have to go to a meeting for my slo-pitch league for the friend above who will be at the hospital with her little one and then I hope to go skiing with a buddy.  As well as text with today's date...

Considering I only got 3.5 hours sleep last night, according to my fitbit, I did well.  Nerves, I guess.  I hope I sleep better tonight!

You know when you're Canadian when you decide that, after a week of bitter cold, -10 C is downright balmy and perfectly appropriate weather for a snowshoe hike.  On a date, no less.  LOL
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Lady Snowdon

• Super cool awesome title
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #1268 on: February 21, 2015, 09:00:10 PM »
I made a batch of soap for my soap challenge this month, took pictures and posted it for judging.  Went to Costco, renewed our membership and bought a few things we needed.  Got home and had a raging headache, so I took a bath and now I'm hanging out, refusing to consider the possibility that my DH and I should eat dinner at some point. 

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
« Reply #1269 on: February 21, 2015, 10:22:54 PM »
My working partners and I finished up a special project that's been going on for close to 6 months and has been a lot of work.  I transcribed the last report about two hours ago.  Yay!

artk2002

• Super Hero!
    • The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #1270 on: February 25, 2015, 05:13:42 PM »
Replaced the bulbs in my car's headlights. Had to remove the battery to get to one of them.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. -Mark Twain