News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 10, 2016, 11:40:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 179757 times)

greencat

• Trap...Neuter...What was that third thing again?
Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #1035 on: October 12, 2016, 12:02:30 PM »
The first time, I had put a very large container (think an under-the-bed storage box) out as a litter box and filled it with pine-based litter, and it was near the back door.  Instead of demanding to go out he just went over to the box and used it...

Chez Miriam

« Reply #1036 on: October 12, 2016, 01:34:47 PM »
My aunt trained her great dane to use a spot in the garden - it was a hole dug out and filled with gravel, and she had a can of Jeyes Fluid [disinfects] next to it for the liquids, and she would scoop the solids...

So not litter box, but she didn't have to police the entire garden for massive poops.  We always thought he wasn't the brightest spark, but he must have been intelligent enough for that.
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

Gladly

« Reply #1037 on: October 19, 2016, 02:45:59 AM »
Dear Socks and Amelia,

Leaving a bone in the kitchen doorway is a good way to remember where you have left it.  However you both got quite worried when I stepped on it and turned my ankle.  I'm sorry I scared you when I made all those strange noises, and then wouldn't let you, Socks, on the sofa with me because you bounced on my ankle.  Amelia you can stop looking smug - you curled up very small and didn't move, so you got to stay. 

Yes, I'm sorry that today your walk was a very short one because my ankle is puffy and interesting colours, but we'll get back to normal soon - except that bones are now garden toys only!

The hobbling one.

miladyrose

• I'm a thinker not a fighter
« Reply #1038 on: October 19, 2016, 03:21:22 PM »
Alex,

I'm glad that you like guarding me, but you don't have to growl when you hear the mailman on the porch. You would just run around and lick him if I let you outside anyway. Thanks for trying though.

<3,
 Mommy

Dr. F.

« Reply #1039 on: December 06, 2016, 10:57:34 PM »
Dear dogs,

Ariel, stop attacking Cimmy while I'm gone. Coming home to 2 blood-covered dogs is disturbing. And stop acting like the traumatized victim in all this. I know you're the instigator.

Cimmy- I'm sorry your ear hematoma popped. Ears *do* bleed, don't they? Just ignore Ariel when she gets into a mood.

Pelon - for a dog with terminal bone cancer, you're awfully unfazed by all this. Eating Ariel's food when she was distracted was kind of a low blow, though.

Lucas - have you even noticed the drama? You're the normal one in the house now, heaven help us!

All - my horrible schedule ends Thursday. Can we hold it together for 2 more days, and then I'll be home to supervise until January?

(Note: Everyone is fine. Cimmy had a hematoma on his ear that apparently popped when he and Ariel got into another kerfluffle. The Vet warned me it would look like a murder scene if that happened. It did. Other than that, it's minor cuts and bruises. Ariel is a drama queen.)

BeagleMommy

« Reply #1040 on: December 07, 2016, 11:40:26 AM »
Dear Beagle:

Thanks you for being such a good host when Auntie Fran visited with Harley last month (Harley is a golden retriever).  I know he's bigger than you and was quite skittish about being in a strange place, but you made him feel very welcome.  There was only one time that the two of you snapped at each other, but you were good boys for the majority of the weekend.

I also think it is very sweet that you try to walk over to any golden retriever we meet while walking now.  You miss your buddy, don't you?

Love,

BeagleMommy

Phoebelion

« Reply #1041 on: December 07, 2016, 12:04:42 PM »
Dear Skipper,

I am so concerned about your jaw paralysis.  Hope it corrects itself in the 1 to 3 week range instead of the 9 week.

I will also be happy not to constantly mope the drool and slurry food and water off the kitchen and hard wood floors.  Thanks for helping me up when I slipped and fell.  Or were you laughing at me.

The one who pays the vet bills