News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• September 27, 2016, 03:59:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Dear Dog:  (Read 161666 times)

Dr. F.

Re: Dear Dog:
« Reply #1020 on: September 15, 2016, 12:49:58 PM »
Dear Cimarron,

First off, it's sweet how well you're settling into your new (foster) home. It's also nice that you are getting your energy and playfulness back, even if that does mean that I had to puppy-proof the house after coming home to yarn all over the living room floor...

And, yes, I realize that your back is still itchy from the allergic reactions to all the fleas and ticks you had. The vet says that will clear up over time. And I suppose it's nice that you've discovered that you can scratch your back on the edge of the bed and that it feels good.

But, by all that's holy, could you *not* get up and scratch your back at 3AM? Being awakened by a happily moaning pit bull in the middle of the night is disconcerting, to say the least.

(Foster) Mom

Chez Miriam

« Reply #1021 on: September 16, 2016, 06:09:18 AM »
Dear Barki,

Please be not stealing neighbour lady's work gloves.

Please be not burying one of neighbour lady's work gloves.

If you could also see your way to cutting down on the barking, that would also be much appreciated.

Yours,

Neighbour Lady

p.s.  Would you please be returning the other two missing work gloves?  Thx
"All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of thing shall be well."  - Julian of Norwich

BeagleMommy

« Reply #1022 on: September 16, 2016, 02:26:04 PM »
Dear Beagle:

Even though I have no idea how you managed to get your head stuck in the sleeve of BeagleDaddy's gray sweater, thank you for the laugh.  When you started barking you looked like a miniature elephant and you made us both laugh so hard we had stomach pains.

Love,

BeagleMommy

Gladly

« Reply #1023 on: September 22, 2016, 03:40:19 AM »
Dear Nutmeg,

You are only 6 months old, but you are a clever little thing and certainly old enough to to work out that stairs can be dangerous.  I know that when you are at the top of the stairs and I come up it's fun because you can reach my face to give me slurps and kisses.  However if you miss when you hurl yourself at me, you are going to fall all the way down to the bottom.

Likewise, when I am walking down the stairs, weaving in and out of my legs really isn't a good idea.  You weigh 10kg. I weigh a whole lot more than that and I assure you it will hurt if I fall on top of you.  Bonus points if I'm carrying a load of washing and can't see you!

Love

She who would rather not squish you.

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
« Reply #1024 on: September 22, 2016, 09:39:05 PM »
Dear Nutmeg

If you do get stepped on or squished, make sure you yelp really, really loudly.  That way you can be sure of extra lovins and maybe even a treatie!

Love
Molly, Suzi and Ella.

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

Gladly

« Reply #1025 on: Today at 04:23:51 AM »
Dear Molly, Suzi and Ella,

I haven't been squished yet, but I am trying out a new idea.  I rush downstairs with a toy in my mouth and present it to her, by dropping it on the step just below her foot.   I think she likes that game, cos she keeps picking up the toys I put there and takes them back to the toy box so I can do it again!

Love
Nutmeg.