News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• January 29, 2015, 09:38:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 213451 times)

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #1980 on: Yesterday at 10:47:30 AM »
Dear Amber,

Our hoomin is cheap. She puts the eardrop bottle in her armpit, then sits and reads a book chapter.

She's weird, but at least the drops are body temperature.

Princess Jack the Buttheaded
It is the policy of the United States Navy to neither confirm nor deny the presence of nuclear weapons aboard its vessels.

songbird

« Reply #1981 on: Yesterday at 05:59:05 PM »
Dear Duchess,

Please realize that the pretty lace tablecloth that makes you skid when you dash across the dining room table isn't your enemy.  Your paws don't belong on the dining room table, dear girl.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #1982 on: Yesterday at 07:29:19 PM »
Dear Amber,

Our hoomin is cheap. She puts the eardrop bottle in her armpit, then sits and reads a book chapter.

She's weird, but at least the drops are body temperature.

Princess Jack the Buttheaded
I know this is the cat thread, but my terrier-dachsy girl gets ear infections and fights like a marlin on a line when I reach for the ear drops.  I didn't think that they were cold, not body temperature.  I'm going to try putting it in my bra for 10 minutes first.

Returning y'all to the cat thread  ;)
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

DistantStar

« Reply #1983 on: Yesterday at 08:34:50 PM »
Amber's human popping in to say thanks, guys, but I honestly don't think cold or warm drops makes much difference, she HAAAAAAATES having her ears touched except if I am petting over the top of her head.  I'll try warming them up first but she's still gonna hate it.  If I could only convince her that they will make the itchies go away!

But I have found if I move really fast I can get them in before she has a chance to fight back much.  Then she runs and hides for a while.  Then comes out and demands pets.  Apparently she is very forgiving.

Six more days...

Tea Drinker

• Now part of Team Land Crab
« Reply #1984 on: Yesterday at 10:21:29 PM »
I don't know about Amber, but when I needed eardrops for myself last year, it did make a difference to have them warm. The package specifically instructed me to warm them (by holding them in my hand; I didn't try the bosom thing, but may if I ever need them again). It may be only the difference between annoying and more annoying, but it is a real difference.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may safely be ignored.

DistantStar

« Reply #1985 on: Yesterday at 10:51:27 PM »
I've had a lot of eardrops in my life, mostly cold, so it didn't really occur to me.

She still hated it.  I feel like a jerk.

Dearest Ambercat,

Honestly, I am doing this to help you!  Please believe me.

Love,
Your human slave