News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 01, 2015, 06:51:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Vacation Package Ideas  (Read 892 times)

Sneezy

Vacation Package Ideas
« on: July 19, 2015, 07:22:26 PM »
I need to come up with a 2-3 night travel package to go somewhere. What I'm looking for is a package out of a city in central Texas to somewhere that includes flight, hotel, and some kind of guided tour for at least one day. I've found options that handle everything except for the flight so you're on your own if a flight delay causes issues on the way there. The destination isn't super important, but the Grand Canyon or the Seattle/Vancouver area sounds interesting.

What suggestions do you have? Travel agent? Expedia? Other?

jolyan

Re: Vacation Package Ideas
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 07:32:33 PM »
Some airlines do package deals just check some of their websites. I think I saw some on JetBlue the other day. That or maybe like an Amtrak trip.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 06:29:33 AM »
If you belong to AAA I'd go talk to a travel agent.
Nothing to see here.

NFPwife

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 08:13:38 AM »
I'll second the recommendation to check out the airline's site. Each time I book with AA, they offer me some sort of package deal. Also Hipmunk. (Add a .com at the end and you're at they're site.) I think they do packages, too. If those don't work, AAA can be helpful. I've found them to vary based on who I happen to get as a representative. 

Hmmmmm

• Super Hero!
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 08:55:52 AM »
What time of year are you planning to go? There's always last minute type trips that have great discounts.

alkira6

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 10:23:53 AM »
Check out Groupon.com. We've gotten some really good deals from them for the US and overseas. We just came back from a week long trip to Jamaica that was all inclusive with a flight that was less than $1400 for the both of us.

carol1412

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 03:05:24 PM »
Check out Travelzoo.com also. They do a lot of package deals, all-inclusive. We had great service from them on our trip to Ireland a few years ago. 10 days in Ireland including flight, car rental and our choice of bed&breakfast spots for around $1500 per person.