News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 28, 2017, 02:27:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 500776 times)

Julian

• I lost it between Thriller and Gangnam Style...
Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #3060 on: February 14, 2017, 07:04:20 PM »
Dear Morty aka Captain Klaw aka too smart for his own good

I know, we went to the Stinky Doctor Place and they stole your blood.  I also went back a second time on the same day, an 80km round trip I might add, to pick up those horrible big could-choke-a-horse pills so that you would feel better.

Now, you're OK with the night time dose in your dinner, but really?  Must we play hide and seek every morning, or that fun 'chasing the geriatric cat' game?  And then, if when I manage to catch you, for the first time in 17 years of us being together, you turn into the Slasher?  Ow!  For Pete's sake, mate, the times I have managed to get the pill down you it's gone easily enough, so why the claw drama?  I know you're only trying to stop me, but dude, seriously, when those little claws dig in and stay in, it really hurts.  And bleeds.  And makes my next pottery class both uncomfortable and a potential infection risk. 

Please keep the drama llama stuff down, okay?  Otherwise you and I are going to have to play the purrito game.   >:D

Cautious Love

The human pincushion, slowly healing but still tender.  (Anyone got any bandaids?)

Out on the patio we'd sit,
And the humidity we'd breathe,
We'd watch the lightning crack over canefields
Laugh and think, this is Australia.

Ganggajang - Sounds Of Then (This Is Australia)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #3061 on: February 14, 2017, 08:45:35 PM »
Dear Gretchen,

No one told you to come up all those stairs to supervise proceedings.  I'm completely capable of making dinner all by myself.  No I really don't need any help with it.  No you can't come into the kitchen.  Yes, I'm sure you can't come into the kitchen. No I'm not going to come back downstairs until I finish eating.  Stop yelling at me! Please don't sit on my feet.  Sigh...yes I'll carry you back downstairs because you've exhausted yourself scolding me. 
Maryland

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3062 on: February 15, 2017, 05:41:04 AM »
Dear Matilda,

You spent the last five days being pampered, (as was obvious when the vet weighed you this morning). You've explored the outside and chased Sophie inside when she dared to join you. You even let her join you on the bed last night, a massive and unexpected concession that produced an Admiral Ackbar-level response in Sophie!

Good luck this morning. We have fingers crossed, and Sophie needs her grandma.

Regards,
Mum

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #3063 on: February 15, 2017, 08:27:39 AM »
Dear cats,

You will be crated and moved into your Kitten Chalet while we move and all the scary noises happen. I know you are not happy about this, but I will set up favorite beds, toys, the kitty tree and set up cushions in the closet for you to hide in.

It's one day, of the rest of your lives.

The new chalet comes with lots of birdies outside, and your favorite... the squirrels!

Love,

Mom
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3064 on: February 16, 2017, 02:45:56 AM »
Dear Matilda,

I picked you up yesterday, got a laundry list of warnings and drugs and things for you, told to take your bandages off when you got home, and the caution that if you were still sleepy tomorrow morning to phone the vet.

You just had to be different didn't you? I phoned them in a hour.

When the cat carrier opened you emerged as though your tail was on fire, and didn't stop moving for nearly two hours, which is how long it took me to corner you to get the bandage off. Then you kept going... 8:00, 10:00, midnight...you didn't stop until 4 am by which time Sophie was hiding under the bed scared you'd try and play with her again. Congrats on wearing out the kitten.

Sophie, Dad and Mum are all doing zombie impressions this morning. You...are perky, awake on the bed, and wanting to play. Mercy?

Regards,
Mum

P.S. The vet's reaction was to laugh like mad and say the anaesthetic takes some of them like that. Just let her wear herself out.... :o
P.P.S. Your pupil size gives a definite hint that you are still jober as a sudge, or possible just stoned out of your little kitty head. I hope this wears off soon.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 02:50:06 AM by atirial »

Gladly

« Reply #3065 on: February 16, 2017, 03:42:43 AM »
 ;D ;D

I'm so glad all's well - for Matilda anyway - not sure about the rest of the family!  ;)

PastryGoddess

• My Image Portfolio and Store
« Reply #3066 on: February 16, 2017, 06:27:08 AM »
My Gretchen cat acted like that after her surgery a few years ago.  Unfortunately she's half Siamese and the constant movement was paired with yowling. 
Maryland

Chipmunky

« Reply #3067 on: February 16, 2017, 07:45:30 AM »
Dear Mopsy,

You know you are not allowed on Hoomin Kitten's floor quilt. Burrowing under said quilt to create a cat shaped lump does not count as an end run around this rule.

Next time, I will allow Hoomin Kitten to crawl over to and on top of the strange lump. She will become a kitty rider, and you will be her noble steed, for all of 30 seconds until you wriggle out.

You've been warned.

Mama

PS- The fact that you came in and put your paws up on the bathtub when Hoomin Kitten was crying during her bath (overtired and has a cold, so super cranky) was adorable. You can burrow under the covers on my side of the bed tonight- you know I don't kick like Daddy.

JoW

« Reply #3068 on: February 16, 2017, 08:25:56 PM »
Dear Sassy and Sam
One of you has figured out how to open the cupboard under the bathroom sink,walk over to the side, and exit by pushing out the bottom drawer.  Now, do you know a nice safe place where I can store the cleaning products I store in that cupboard?  I don't want you playing with or around a bottle of toilet cleaner. 
Mom

MaryR

• Will work for cupcakes.
« Reply #3069 on: February 16, 2017, 09:33:03 PM »
I don't know why they are called "child proof" locks when I only use them for the cats. However, a smart cat who learned to push a drawer out from inside will quickly learn to pull the drawer out when she wants to go back inside when locks are installed on the cabinets.

Hence the locks on all of our drawers. And the bathroom cabinets. And the medicine cabinet.

Dear Lucky

Thank you for seeming to enjoy the new prescription food, that's never happened before. I understand that your output will change after any change in diet, but CRUD MONKEYS!, the smells emanating from the litter box need to stop. Its been 4 days, your system should be getting used to the new gushy fud.

A call to the vet about the smell and contents of the box will happen tomorrow.

But, sweet old sick kitty, is this your way of telling me that you want your fancy feast back?

Love,
Your worried slave.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #3070 on: February 17, 2017, 08:29:40 AM »
Dear Mopsy,

You know you are not allowed on Hoomin Kitten's floor quilt. Burrowing under said quilt to create a cat shaped lump does not count as an end run around this rule.

Next time, I will allow Hoomin Kitten to crawl over to and on top of the strange lump. She will become a kitty rider, and you will be her noble steed, for all of 30 seconds until you wriggle out.

You've been warned.

Mama

PS- The fact that you came in and put your paws up on the bathtub when Hoomin Kitten was crying during her bath (overtired and has a cold, so super cranky) was adorable. You can burrow under the covers on my side of the bed tonight- you know I don't kick like Daddy.

Dear Hoomin Servant,

I wuz 'tectin hoomin kittehn. Yur Welcumne.

Luv,

Mupseey

P.S. Pawz mek typn herd.

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3071 on: Today at 12:55:22 AM »
Dear Sophie,

Cats like food. Cats like laundry. This we know. It does not mean that these two things should ever be combined.

We thought it was so sweet last night when we heard funny noises and found you dragging pieces of clothing from the laundry basket to the middle of the floor where you were making a pile. We thought it was funny when you dragged Daddy's jeans off the hanger and dumped them on top of it. And absolutely adorable when you settled on top of it like a triumphant Queen.

When I took the pile apart this morning I found you had buried your food bowl under it.

Thanks. Now I have a lot of washing to do.

Regards,
Mum.