News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• September 02, 2015, 02:09:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 6743848 times)

Jones

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #33075 on: Yesterday at 02:16:20 PM »
MommySloth, have you ever called the police over the noise violations and drug use?
A real desire to believe all the good you can of others and to make others as comfortable as you can will solve most of the problems. CS Lewis

MommySloth

• To love another person is to see the face of God
« Reply #33076 on: Yesterday at 08:06:52 PM »
No, it seems kind of extreme to call the police. I will be calling management next time, though.

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33077 on: Today at 08:06:42 AM »

- Not car but technology related. I was shopping. Picked up item off my list, put in cart, check off my list, looked for next thing. Got screamed at because I shouldn't be playing on my phone. I assure you it was the same if not less amount of time if I was using a dead tree list.

And even if you were simply playing on your phone, as long as its not affecting anyone else, its no one's business!!!!! I have my phone out as I frequently scan items using my weight watchers app.

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #33078 on: Today at 08:15:41 AM »
This woman.

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/woman-soaks-passengers-on-melbourne-train-after-they-ask-her-to-turn-her-music-down/story-fnixwvgh-1227507041521

I've come across plenty of people like her. Not everyone likes your music!

In the last month, I've seen people playing music or video loudly in public places more than ever before. Worst part of it is that the people have earbuds or head phones, they just aren't using them!

Oh, not even close.  The worst part is when they *are* using their earbuds, and the music is *still* so loud that it can be heard throughout the whole car!  And not softly, either. 

nayberry

« Reply #33079 on: Today at 08:18:59 AM »

- Not car but technology related. I was shopping. Picked up item off my list, put in cart, check off my list, looked for next thing. Got screamed at because I shouldn't be playing on my phone. I assure you it was the same if not less amount of time if I was using a dead tree list.

And even if you were simply playing on your phone, as long as its not affecting anyone else, its no one's business!!!!! I have my phone out as I frequently scan items using my weight watchers app.

Pod!!  i use my phone for my shopping list, saves on scraps of paper that i can lose.

To the woman who cut in front of my trolley at the supermarket, if you were moving faster and just you that would have been fine, i'd barely have even noticed.  but going half my speed and making me swerve around you to avoid hitting the person in the wheelchair that you shoved into my path, will get you stinkeye, so dont huff at me!
(i was already moving along an aisle and she shoved them right in front of me from the opposite side of the aisle, no excuse me or how'd you do, it was a good thing my spidey senses were tingling today)

Dindrane

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33080 on: Today at 10:15:17 AM »
There's a 3-lane road that I take on my way home from work that forks, with the left lane splitting off from the two right lanes. It's the type of split where, if you don't know to expect it, it can throw a lot of people off. It's also common because of other traffic patterns for people to end up in the left lane even though they want to go off to the right, so there are a lot of people who do move into the middle lane from the left lane. Most of the time, though, that move happens well before the road actually forks, so it's not a big deal as long as they aren't being jerks.

Yesterday, though, there was a van that swerved into the middle lane right in front of me, like 5 feet before the road finished splitting at the fork. If I hadn't been paying attention and/or didn't have really good reflexes, the van would either have plowed into me or the median. There was literally no indication before that that the van wanted to be in my lane, so it was pretty scary.

I kind of dismissed it as someone who is from out of the area. There are a lot of people who drive here who are from out of the area, and a lot of the things streets do here legitimately make no sense. Plus, there's a very real lack of signage for a lot of them. So I try to remind myself that not everyone drives this route every week day the way that I do and let it go as long as nothing terrible happened.

But later, this same van turned off the road we were on, and I saw that it was a courtesy van for a local car dealership. The dealership is pretty close to the area where this incident happened, so I'd be surprised if the drivers didn't encounter it on a regular basis. Given that it's someone who is definitely local, and is most likely employed specifically to drive places, and that the area is one any driver likely encounters frequently...I call special snowflake. I'd have called somebody to report it if I had the license plate number, but alas, I do not. So I'm going to let it go.

TracyXJ

« Reply #33081 on: Today at 10:29:24 AM »
This woman.

http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/woman-soaks-passengers-on-melbourne-train-after-they-ask-her-to-turn-her-music-down/story-fnixwvgh-1227507041521

In the last month, I've seen people playing music or video loudly in public places more than ever before. Worst part of it is that the people have earbuds or head phones, they just aren't using them!

Oh, not even close.  The worst part is when they *are* using their earbuds, and the music is *still* so loud that it can be heard throughout the whole car!  And not softly, either.

Oh I hate that!  And all I can do is wonder just how badly they're damaging their hearing.  I feel the same way about the cars with the loud bass.  I'm sorry, but someone else's music should not be making my car shake!

mmswm

« Reply #33082 on: Today at 10:44:02 AM »
This woman.

Oh I hate that!  And all I can do is wonder just how badly they're damaging their hearing.  I feel the same way about the cars with the loud bass.  I'm sorry, but someone else's music should not be making my car shake!

I went rounds with my kids over the earbud issue.  Finally the middle kid got frustrated and had me actually put his earbuds into my ears.  Surprisingly, they really weren't very loud, but a lot of sound escaped the earbuds to the outside.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #33083 on: Today at 10:45:40 AM »
The people I mentioned had no ear buds or headphones anywhere near their ears, they just used the speakers on their device. The ear buds I buy don't "leak" sound.

mmswm

« Reply #33084 on: Today at 10:50:07 AM »
Yeah, when I can afford to buy the kids the good earbuds, leaking sound is not a problem.  It's when I have to buy them the cheap ones that there's a problem.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Diane AKA Traska

• Super Hero!
  • Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #33085 on: Today at 12:42:42 PM »
This woman.

How about vibrating your (by which I mean my) desk? Which is not in a street-facing room. On the second floor.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #33086 on: Today at 12:45:26 PM »
I tried to blame my house vibrating on some guys driving by in a truck with loud bass. Turns out Michigan was having a very rare earthquake.  ;D (Luckily I didn't say anything to the guys themselves, just said to my cat, "Their music is too loud if it shakes the house." Um...whoops... :o)
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Diane AKA Traska

• Super Hero!
  • Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #33087 on: Today at 01:58:20 PM »
We've gotten quakes here before*, but never one that goes "boom boom... boom! Boom boom... boom!" ;D

* We have a set of wind chimes set up in the bedroom. No idea why, but they're there. One day, M (my SO) and I were sitting in the bed, when the chimes tinkled. I said "I think we just had an Earthquake," even though neither M nor I felt it. Sure enough, the news confirmed it that night.

magicdomino

• Super Hero!
« Reply #33088 on: Today at 02:08:35 PM »
We've gotten quakes here before*, but never one that goes "boom boom... boom! Boom boom... boom!" ;D

* We have a set of wind chimes set up in the bedroom. No idea why, but they're there. One day, M (my SO) and I were sitting in the bed, when the chimes tinkled. I said "I think we just had an Earthquake," even though neither M nor I felt it. Sure enough, the news confirmed it that night.

"Oh, that's not wind chimes. It's an earthquake detector."   ;)