Author Topic: Spinsters' Club Support Thread  (Read 98279 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Spinsters' Club Support Thread
« Reply #855 on: January 07, 2015, 09:43:05 PM »
Ended up only have 10 minutes to change my shirt and throw on a bit of make-up.  Glad I didn't have time to obsess.

We're meeting again on Sunday.

He might not be Mr. Right but he's definitely going to be Mr. Right Now.  I'm not sure we have enough in common to make a long term go of it but I'm keeping an open mind.

And I know he finds me attractive, which is awesome.

I hope my new glasses are in by Friday...
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

daen

« Reply #856 on: January 07, 2015, 10:15:05 PM »
Ended up only have 10 minutes to change my shirt and throw on a bit of make-up.  Glad I didn't have time to obsess.

We're meeting again on Sunday.

He might not be Mr. Right but he's definitely going to be Mr. Right Now.  I'm not sure we have enough in common to make a long term go of it but I'm keeping an open mind.

And I know he finds me attractive, which is awesome.

I hope my new glasses are in by Friday...

Glad the first date went well.

For what it's worth, I wasn't too sure about the first guy I met through online dating after the first date, but it turned out pretty well. (We've been married 5+ years.)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #857 on: January 11, 2015, 03:07:32 PM »
Well, my new glasses came in but all for nought.  He cancelled.

Back to the drawing board...
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Reader

« Reply #858 on: January 12, 2015, 03:59:34 PM »
I've established that my work schedule is more or less incompatible with developing a relationship at this point in my life - it would have been great when I was in college and most potential partners were working retail or food service, but it's terrible now that most of my potential partners are young professionals with 9-5 jobs.

I feel your pain.  Even though I work 55 hrs M-F with weekends off, I find most suitable dating partners put off by my schedule.  Not that I'm in any hurry.  Been single since I dumped my controling, alcoholic, possibly crazy ex back in July.  Rather be out here on the ledge with you lovely people than be constantly accused of cheating (how like I said I work 55 hrs a week and we lived together), and have my privacy violated (he checked my phone while I was sleeping, and becasue I let him use my home computer (saved passwords were not my friend here) he also read my facebook messages.)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #859 on: January 12, 2015, 07:18:33 PM »
I'm moving back home to live with my dad, which I'm guessing is going to kill my dating life. He's not doing well since mom died, so I got a new job locally and will be going back soon. I get the feeling, though, that moving in with Dad in your 40s is not exactly going to look cool. Oh, well.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

greencat

« Reply #860 on: January 12, 2015, 08:58:37 PM »
I'm moving back home to live with my dad, which I'm guessing is going to kill my dating life. He's not doing well since mom died, so I got a new job locally and will be going back soon. I get the feeling, though, that moving in with Dad in your 40s is not exactly going to look cool. Oh, well.

There's a big difference between moving in with your aging parent to take care of them and moving back home because you can't afford to live on your own.  I went on a few dates with a guy who was taking care of his grandparents when I was in my early twenties, and even then the difference was pretty clear to me.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #861 on: January 12, 2015, 09:23:50 PM »
I agree.  I would date a guy living with elderly parents so they could stay in the family home.  I wouldn't date the guy living in his parents' basement, playing video games all day.

And guess who sent me an email today?  Make up your dang mind, man.
Ontario

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #862 on: January 14, 2015, 06:44:53 AM »
I now definitively know it's him, not me.  The first time he cancelled out, I thought maybe I'd come on too strong.  Then he emailed me, trying again.  And cancelled again.  Definitely him.  Men Suck!

On Sunday, after I went from sad to mad, I texted a girl I play ball with.  We're going out on the town on Friday.  It'll be fun to just let loose a little.  If we have fun, maybe we can make it a regular thing.  Not looking to pick up, since guys don't pick up girls like me in bars, even when I was that age, but just get out of the house and have some fun.
Ontario

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #863 on: Yesterday at 11:06:04 AM »
I think I must have a loser magnet attached to me somehow.  Talked to another guy last night - fortunately didn't meet him.  Whole lotta baggage with that one.  I sent him a message on the site, telling him it was because of the distance between us, which is at least partially true, but it's really because, after talking to him, I have no interest in this guy.

And I discovered that I love my new smart phone.  It has a block feature.   ;D  Which I kind of have to thank the last guy for, since it was because of him that I started the process of getting my own phone, rather than depending on my work cell.

Still haven't made it out with the girl I play ball with since her grandmother had a stroke and then passed away.  Poor girl.  But in the midst of it, she changed her relationship status on Facebook to 'In a relationship' so now, she might not have the time to go out with me.  I'll have to see.

I just found out that one of my best friend's cousin is an avid skier and lives not too far from me.  Great guy and we could have a lot of fun skiing together.  He's gay, though, unfortunately.
Ontario