News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 29, 2016, 03:20:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Silly things that have made you happy recently  (Read 163959 times)

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
Re: Silly things that have made you happy recently
« Reply #1800 on: April 24, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »
Finished my term paper!
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Coralline

« Reply #1801 on: April 24, 2016, 06:03:03 PM »
Browsing through IKEA for lights yesterday, I found some string lights. I bought a couple and put them up. They're so pretty! And DH loves them  :D

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #1802 on: April 24, 2016, 06:08:53 PM »
If we get the house we saw today, I can put a lot of my retro decorating ideas to use! Perfect house for some Edison lighting.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

Thipu1

« Reply #1803 on: April 25, 2016, 04:14:59 PM »
The weather was almost perfect today. On my afternoon walk I stopped at a local Mom & Pop store for a pound of coffee beans. 

A young lady I'd seen before was behind the counter.  Since I'd last seen her, she'd dyed her hair a beautiful emerald green with topaz highlights.  She looked like a real embodiment of the spring and seeing her made me very happy.   

Liliane

• Blossoming Pearl Chevalier
    • My tumblr
« Reply #1804 on: April 25, 2016, 05:26:26 PM »
This doesn't seem like a good thing at first glance, but: I had needle to the eye today!

I'd had a small spot in my right eye that was threatening to become a full-on macular hemorrhage (I get them quite a bit - mostly centered in my vision), but it seemed to have gone away. Well, it didn't; I was glancing at something in my peripheral vision on Friday and noticed the exact same symptoms as the bleeds I usually get. Sure enough, had it checked out today, it was in fact a bleed and my eye doctor was incredibly surprised I caught it with the location it's in.

The treatment for this is injections. Creeps everyone out. :)
"The wild roses have died, Father, and I know not what to do."

siamesecat2965

« Reply #1805 on: April 26, 2016, 12:51:28 PM »
This may be gross, so I apologize in advance. A few weeks ago, i had a filling fall out, and had it replaced. Its my next to back molar, and prior to having it fall out, it was a really tight squeeze to floss between it and the very back tooth and i almost couldn't get it in.  In fact, the filling popped out while flossing. So now i am more careful, and rather than pulling out the floss, i slide it out but was afraid to do between those two teeth, in case it fell out again.

well today i decided to test it out, and there actually is more space, and i can easily slide the floss between those two teeth. (the gross was for not flossing between those teeth for a couple of weeks). I also realized the generic floss i had been using was much thicker than the brand name sample i used today. which of course is empty so i now have to buy more.