Author Topic: Awesome book titles  (Read 1176 times)

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
Re: Awesome book titles
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2014, 11:39:58 AM »
Margery Allingham's "Case of the Late Pig" is a title that begs to be picked up.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Yarnspinner

Re: Awesome book titles
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2014, 04:18:53 PM »
Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharyn McCrumb. It's a murder mystery set at an SF Con. It's also very funny.

I remember that one!  Now, I want to find a copy and read it again.

Here's one that isn't an awesome title but it had a neat story behind it.

It was during the time that 'Murder She Wrote' was popular on television.  At a yard sale, I found 'The Paradise Mystery'.  It was a pretty bad book from the 1920s but the author was 'J. Fletcher'. 

It went home with me. 
Bimbos of the Death Sun by Sharyn McCrumb. It's a murder mystery set at an SF Con. It's also very funny.

Bimbos of the Death Sun!  Followed by "Zombies From The Gene Pool."  Did she write any more of those, because they were both wonderful.

As for another strange title:  The Pig With One Nostril.  Children's picture book.  About a pig.  With one nostril.  Who finally gets two when he sniffs a flower and sneezes.

"Gross" doesn't cover it.

ETA:  I have no idea how I ended up with both quotes when I was only trying for the first one..)