A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1229/1846) > >>

RingTailedLemur:
Why do I get a roaring noise in my ears when something painful is in my eye or I hurt my nose?

mechtilde:

--- Quote from: RingTailedLemur on December 01, 2012, 04:42:21 PM ---Why do I get a roaring noise in my ears when something painful is in my eye or I hurt my nose?

--- End quote ---

Sinuses? I get earache, facial pain, eye pain and toothache with mine. I also sometimes have noises in my ears and trouble with balance.

jpcher:
I get a roaring noise in my ears (kinda like a freight train or an over-active ocean crashing on the shore) when I get a sudden fright or, for some reason or another, feel light-headed. Whenever I hear that sound it tells me that I need to sit/calm down.

Maybe it's the blood or adrenaline rushing through your system to fix whatever is wrong is what you're hearing?

Interesting question.

jpcher:
New question -- Nook & Libraries

Stupid because I've had my Nook for almost a year and I should know the answer (but I prefer to buy instead of borrow.) I've looked at the B&N website and can't find out how to do this.

How do you borrow books from the library on your Nook?

Does it have to be a local library?

I'm thinking about getting a Nook for my mother for Xmas and she lives in very-small-town-USA. Does her town library need to have this function available (unlikely) or can she borrow books from any library?

sourwolf:

--- Quote from: jpcher on December 02, 2012, 02:38:59 PM ---
Does it have to be a local library?

I'm thinking about getting a Nook for my mother for Xmas and she lives in very-small-town-USA. Does her town library need to have this function available (unlikely) or can she borrow books from any library?

--- End quote ---

It has to be a library that the owner of the Nook belongs too.  The library is paying for the e-books just like they pay for physical books.  It's actually worse because they are only renting them from the publishers and after X number of people have borrowed the e-books they have to pay more money to continue lending them. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version