A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1241/1847) > >>

rose red:

--- Quote from: wheeitsme on December 06, 2012, 01:34:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: rose red on December 06, 2012, 01:26:46 PM ---Does anyone use Tumbr?  I don't have an account but sometimes look at tags and it's been really weird this week.

--- End quote ---
Tumblr was hacked this last week.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  So it's still hacked and messed up as of today?

wheeitsme:

--- Quote from: rose red on December 06, 2012, 01:36:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: wheeitsme on December 06, 2012, 01:34:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: rose red on December 06, 2012, 01:26:46 PM ---Does anyone use Tumbr?  I don't have an account but sometimes look at tags and it's been really weird this week.

--- End quote ---
Tumblr was hacked this last week.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  So it's still hacked and messed up as of today?

--- End quote ---

Well, according to Gizmodo, it's fixed.  Here's some info:  http://gizmodo.com/5965154/tumblrs-getting-massively-hacked-right-now-but-theres-an-easy-fix

Carotte:
When do you give an hostess's gift?
My situation might be a bit particular, my SO invited me to his home town (at his parents house) for his birthday (he goes there every year for the weekend).
We're getting there on Friday night and staying for the w-e, and I bought chocolates for the family.
I'm not sure if we're eating dinner before leaving or eating there, and since it will be pretty late it might not be with his parents. I don't know if they're the type to take a tea/coffee after diner because I could get them out at that time. But if I don't get to give them that night how/when do I do it?
I've never really had to bring an hostess gift before, and it's the second time I'll meet his parents.
Oh and I'm really awkward in situations like these..

Amava:
I give it upon entering the house.

KenveeB:

--- Quote from: Carotte on December 06, 2012, 02:15:28 PM ---When do you give an hostess's gift?
My situation might be a bit particular, my SO invited me to his home town (at his parents house) for his birthday (he goes there every year for the weekend).
We're getting there on Friday night and staying for the w-e, and I bought chocolates for the family.
I'm not sure if we're eating dinner before leaving or eating there, and since it will be pretty late it might not be with his parents. I don't know if they're the type to take a tea/coffee after diner because I could get them out at that time. But if I don't get to give them that night how/when do I do it?
I've never really had to bring an hostess gift before, and it's the second time I'll meet his parents.
Oh and I'm really awkward in situations like these..

--- End quote ---

When you're first coming in and greeting/being introduced to the hosts. "Hello, you're so nice to have us! I thought you'd like these chocolates, they looked delicious."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version