A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1241/2006) > >>

AfleetAlex:
I've always wanted to know this - how do container ships keep the shipping containers from sliding off the deck during rough seas? I know the containers themselves are really heavy and big (they only look small compared to the rest of the ship!) but I would think one rogue wave and all those containers would be at the bottom of the ocean.

RingTailedLemur:
Why do cats poop in a fresh litter box?  One of mine hardly waits until the fresh litter is in the box before he climbs in.  Does he save one just for that?!

Outdoor Girl:
LOL.  Yes, I think they do save it, just to christen the new box.

JennJenn68:

--- Quote from: RingTailedLemur on December 06, 2012, 03:44:10 PM ---Why do cats poop in a fresh litter box?  One of mine hardly waits until the fresh litter is in the box before he climbs in.  Does he save one just for that?!

--- End quote ---

Yup.  I'm sure it's a "MY box!" statement.  (I have three cats, and four litter boxes.  And yes, when I'm scooping them, one of them will be there as soon as I push a box back in line, ready to add his/her territorial marker.  It would almost be comical... if it wasn't so flippin' odiferous!  ::))

Sheila Take a Bow:
Fresh cuts on Christmas trees -- what kind of saw do you need?

We're going to be buying our Christmas tree this weekend, and we'd like to make a fresh cut on the trunk to help it with water uptake.  What kind of saw do we use?  At the lost we used to buy from they'd use a chainsaw, but we don't want to buy a chainsaw to use just once a year.  So what kind of saw do we need?  Is a hacksaw going to be strong enough?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version