A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1241/2461) > >>

Sheila Take a Bow:
Thanks, magicdomino, Outdoor Girl and Virg!  The husband and I are heading to the Home Depot tonight to see if we can find a bow saw.  (I had to Google that to see what it was, but I think I get it now.)

We're not handy people, as you might have guessed, but I was pretty sure the hacksaw the husband borrowed was not going to do the job.  It seemed like it would be like cutting the trunk with a steak knife.

rose red:

--- Quote from: wheeitsme on December 06, 2012, 12:38:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: rose red on December 06, 2012, 12:36:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: wheeitsme on December 06, 2012, 12:34:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: rose red on December 06, 2012, 12:26:46 PM ---Does anyone use Tumbr?  I don't have an account but sometimes look at tags and it's been really weird this week.

--- End quote ---
Tumblr was hacked this last week.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  So it's still hacked and messed up as of today?

--- End quote ---

Well, according to Gizmodo, it's fixed.  Here's some info:  http://gizmodo.com/5965154/tumblrs-getting-massively-hacked-right-now-but-theres-an-easy-fix

--- End quote ---

OK, I'm still confused about what's happening with Tumblr.  Before, I would look up a topic and then see pictures/posts one after another.  I refresh and new posts pops on top.  Just scroll up and down the page.  Easy.

Now, it's just a jumble of old pictures.  Is this how it's suppose to be now or are they still fixing it?  I would ask them, but it's such a confusing website that I don't know where or who to ask. 

Virg:
Sheila Take a Bow wrote:

"We're not handy people, as you might have guessed, but I was pretty sure the hacksaw the husband borrowed was not going to do the job.  It seemed like it would be like cutting the trunk with a steak knife."

Well, the hacksaw will get through the tree (it's designed to cut metal so it's up to the job) but the teeth are so small and shallow that it'll take a zillion passes to get through it.  The bow saw has deeper teeth so it digs out more wood per pass.  Just be aware that a bow saw is bigger than you'd imagine it when you see a picture.  It can be nearly two feet across.

Tiamet wrote:

"If you have a basic package, have you gone to the download limit?  If you are streaming videos (I don't know how amazon prime works), you could hit a limit really fast.  You might want to check your internet account.  Of course, if you've got unlimited data, I'm stuck."

Most home Internet connections don't have data limits (in the U.S. at least) but your suggestion is still a good idea.  A call to the provider will usually get an explanation if it doesn't get a solution so that's what I always tell people to do first.

Virg

Slartibartfast:

--- Quote from: rose red on December 07, 2012, 02:05:39 PM ---
--- Quote from: wheeitsme on December 06, 2012, 12:38:21 PM ---
--- Quote from: rose red on December 06, 2012, 12:36:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: wheeitsme on December 06, 2012, 12:34:14 PM ---
--- Quote from: rose red on December 06, 2012, 12:26:46 PM ---Does anyone use Tumbr?  I don't have an account but sometimes look at tags and it's been really weird this week.

--- End quote ---
Tumblr was hacked this last week.

--- End quote ---

Thanks.  So it's still hacked and messed up as of today?

--- End quote ---

Well, according to Gizmodo, it's fixed.  Here's some info:  http://gizmodo.com/5965154/tumblrs-getting-massively-hacked-right-now-but-theres-an-easy-fix

--- End quote ---

OK, I'm still confused about what's happening with Tumblr.  Before, I would look up a topic and then see pictures/posts one after another.  I refresh and new posts pops on top.  Just scroll up and down the page.  Easy.

Now, it's just a jumble of old pictures.  Is this how it's suppose to be now or are they still fixing it?  I would ask them, but it's such a confusing website that I don't know where or who to ask.

--- End quote ---

Have you tried it on a different browser/computer?  I don't know what you mean about the jumble of pictures - I keep a tumblr for a baby scrapbook (SO much easier than remembering to update physical pictures or managing a real blog, plus I can share it with relatives!) and it looks the same to me!

(I do actually know "who to ask," incidentally - the guy who started Tumblr was the best friend of the guy I dated in high school.  It was really weird when I started hearing about this little quirky site he started from my other friends who don't know him - and it's REALLY weird seeing it become this new Facebook/Twitter/etc analogue!)

demarco:
Can you have Macs and PCs on the same wifi network?  Can they use the same wireless printer? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version