A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1254/2499) > >>

Iris:

--- Quote from: Girlie on December 13, 2012, 02:59:19 PM ---Does anyone ever actually just "flip a coin" to help them make an important decision? I know I've been tempted to in the past, but I don't anyone who's ever actually done it.

--- End quote ---

Not quite, but I knew someone who flipped a coin to help decide whether to accept a marriage proposal or not

In reality, she couldn't decide, so another friend suggested that she pick "Heads, yes, tails, no" and flip a coin. The logic was that if she felt disappointed by the result she would gain insight into her feelings.

MrsJWine:

--- Quote from: Iris on December 13, 2012, 03:20:07 PM ---
--- Quote from: Girlie on December 13, 2012, 02:59:19 PM ---Does anyone ever actually just "flip a coin" to help them make an important decision? I know I've been tempted to in the past, but I don't anyone who's ever actually done it.

--- End quote ---

Not quite, but I knew someone who flipped a coin to help decide whether to accept a marriage proposal or not

In reality, she couldn't decide, so another friend suggested that she pick "Heads, yes, tails, no" and flip a coin. The logic was that if she felt disappointed by the result she would gain insight into her feelings.

--- End quote ---

I've done this sort of thing with a few decisions, though not major ones (more things like, "What movie should we go to?" or, "What restaurant for lunch?"). It's funny how it's hard to know your own mind sometimes until the option you really want is not the one chosen for you.

AfleetAlex:

--- Quote from: Iris on December 13, 2012, 02:46:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: AfleetAlex on December 13, 2012, 09:54:53 AM ---I cannot tell you the number of times I've been faced with a long drive (sometimes in inclement weather) and wished heartily for a transporter.  ;D

--- End quote ---

Yes, but then I remember that the only realistic way for a transporter to operate as seen in Star Trek would be for them to kill you by dissolving you into atoms, analyse your residue, and then make an exact copy of you elsewhere. And then I remember that this is a *government issue* transporter. And then I decide I'd rather drive  :)

--- End quote ---

Oooh, yeah, under those requirements, I'll drive.  ;D

Dazi:
How did Nena's 99 Luftballons end up being played with US Christmas songs? It's always baffled me.

dawnfire:

--- Quote from: Dazi on December 14, 2012, 06:05:56 PM ---How did Nena's 99 Luftballons end up being played with US Christmas songs? It's always baffled me.

--- End quote ---

that would baffle me too!   ???

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version