A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1254/2031) > >>

Slartibartfast:
Dumb question: I've never owned an MP3 player until getting my current iPad.  I have a bunch of CDs.  Is there a way to get my music onto iTunes or whatnot so I can play it from my iPad?  Ideally on the device itself instead of "the cloud" so I can play it in the car on trips?  DH's car has a CD stuck in the CD player and it won't come out, so driving with him means either listening to the radio or Enya.

Outdoor Girl:

--- Quote from: Slartibartfast on December 12, 2012, 02:50:26 PM ---Dumb question: I've never owned an MP3 player until getting my current iPad.  I have a bunch of CDs.  Is there a way to get my music onto iTunes or whatnot so I can play it from my iPad?  Ideally on the device itself instead of "the cloud" so I can play it in the car on trips?  DH's car has a CD stuck in the CD player and it won't come out, so driving with him means either listening to the radio or Enya.

--- End quote ---

I downloaded all my CDs into iTunes on my computer and then moved everything to my MP3 player.  I don't know enough about iPads to know if you could do this or not.

Sheila Take a Bow:

--- Quote from: Outdoor Girl on December 12, 2012, 02:53:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: Slartibartfast on December 12, 2012, 02:50:26 PM ---Dumb question: I've never owned an MP3 player until getting my current iPad.  I have a bunch of CDs.  Is there a way to get my music onto iTunes or whatnot so I can play it from my iPad?  Ideally on the device itself instead of "the cloud" so I can play it in the car on trips?  DH's car has a CD stuck in the CD player and it won't come out, so driving with him means either listening to the radio or Enya.

--- End quote ---

I downloaded all my CDs into iTunes on my computer and then moved everything to my MP3 player.  I don't know enough about iPads to know if you could do this or not.

--- End quote ---

That's exactly how it works.  You can choose to put all of the songs in iTunes onto your iPad, or just select some of them.

guihong:

--- Quote from: guihong on December 12, 2012, 01:22:47 AM ---Ultimate stupid question (though it's not a contest ;)):

In Star Trek (the movies), the Federation has a space dock for its ships.  Where do the Klingons and Romulans keep their spaceships?  Presumably in a spacedock of their own?

I would guess that the home planet of the Romulans is Romulus.  What is the Klingons' home planet?  Is it ever mentioned?

(I got to watching the movies tonight)

--- End quote ---

And to further geek myself out, on TOS episode "Balance of Terror", the Romulans live on (get ready) Romulus and Remus.  There was apparently a war, with a Neutral Zone set up much like the one between Earth and the Klingons.  The Romulans, according to Spock, are an offshoot of Vulcans who became militaristic and not logical. 

Saavik, in The Wrath of Khan and The Search for Spock, is supposed to be half-Romulan and half-Vulcan.  It makes sense that she might still remember Vulcan customs per her ancestry.

And you're right, Quo'nos is mentioned in The Undiscovered Country.  Its moon, Praxis, explodes, setting off the events of the movie.

Kimblee:

--- Quote from: MerryCat on December 03, 2012, 03:32:56 PM ---
--- Quote from: RingTailedLemur on December 01, 2012, 04:42:21 PM ---Why do I get a roaring noise in my ears when something painful is in my eye or I hurt my nose?

--- End quote ---

I have sort of a spin-off question about weird body noises. Does anyone else hear a weird hissing sort of noise in the back of their neck when they're really hungry? It kind of sounds like water tricking through a very tiny hose. Is this normal? What causes it?

--- End quote ---

Yup. Well, not always when I'm hungry but I often hear a gurgling noise in my neck.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version