A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1298/2462) > >>

mmswm:

--- Quote from: violinp on January 08, 2013, 02:57:35 PM ---
--- Quote from: perpetua on January 08, 2013, 02:30:03 PM ---In the UK in this situation you would call the RSPCA and they would come out and humanely trap the snake then take it somewhere to release. Do you not have anything like that in the US? (assuming this is where you are)

--- End quote ---

As far as I know, the ASPCA will capture and release wild animals. Perhaps you could call them, mmswm.

--- End quote ---

I've called every number I can find that deals with wildlife.  The cost to bring any of them out is prohibitive.  Apparently, there's some sort of county law regarding nuisance wildlife that requires them to be destroyed anyway.  Trust me, I've tried to trap this little sucker humanely, but he's resisting with all his might.

Ms_Cellany:
Heating pad under the soda-bottle trap?

mmswm:
I did the heating pad under a small box.  The snake got in it, but when I tried to move towards it to put something over it and remove it from the house it shot out and hid behind a bunch of books.

Moray:
The idea behind the bottle is that they'll find it more difficult to exit. It seems like a good idea, depending on whether or not you've got a few crickets or feeder mice hanging out in your freezer :)

RingTailedLemur:
But how would you get the snake out of the bottle once you got it outside?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version