A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1310/2282) > >>

sevenday:
Goldfish are dirty, dirty fishies.  24/7 I think is the intended use.

Betelnut:

--- Quote from: sevenday on January 12, 2013, 06:46:48 PM ---Goldfish are dirty, dirty fishies.  24/7 I think is the intended use.

--- End quote ---

That's what I thought but I wanted to check.  We actually didn't even put in the filter for the first 10 days and, whew!, did the tank stink after only that short amount of time.  Note to self:  clean the tank at least once a week.  And keep that filter on!

dawnfire:

--- Quote from: Betelnut on January 12, 2013, 06:49:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: sevenday on January 12, 2013, 06:46:48 PM ---Goldfish are dirty, dirty fishies.  24/7 I think is the intended use.

--- End quote ---

That's what I thought but I wanted to check.  We actually didn't even put in the filter for the first 10 days and, whew!, did the tank stink after only that short amount of time.  Note to self:  clean the tank at least once a week.  And keep that filter on!

--- End quote ---

keep that filter on 24/7. clean tank weekly. replace 1/2 a tank of water weekly (use the removed water on the garden or your pot pants after diluting . It makes a great fertiser)

Virg:
demarco wrote:

"Does this mean you use the red/green/blue cable and the red and white cable (and just let the yellow piece hang)?"

That's correct.  The r/g/b connections replace the single yellow plug, but the red and white connections on the original cable are for the sound so you'd end up using five connections and leaving the yellow unplugged.  For completeness, if the devices have an s-video connection that would replace either the yellow or the r/g/b set, and for most new devices, an HDMI connection replaces both the audio and video so you'd just need the HDMI cable and none of the others for that.

Virg

camlan:
There is a fly buzzing around my house. It's mid-January; it's cold. There have been no flies around for months.

Where did this fly come from?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version