A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1323/2301) > >>

Slartibartfast:
Putting some baking soda in the bottom of the can is a start, but really the best way to make it not stink is to take it out to the outside trash can frequently.

KenveeB:
Crystal cat litter is also another option. It drastically cuts down on the smell. I discovered it when I had my first cat in a tiny studio apartment, and I've never looked back!

afbluebelle:
What do firefighters do? I mean, obviously they fight fires. But stuff isn't always on fire! And you can't train 24/7, can you?

We had an in-flight emergency the other day, and firefighters are required to respond. While we were waiting for the all clear, all of us in the end of runway group realized that we don't know what firefighters do when not responding to ground emergencies/fires.

Shoo:

--- Quote from: afbluebelle on January 21, 2013, 01:01:04 PM ---What do firefighters do? I mean, obviously they fight fires. But stuff isn't always on fire! And you can't train 24/7, can you?

We had an in-flight emergency the other day, and firefighters are required to respond. While we were waiting for the all clear, all of us in the end of runway group realized that we don't know what firefighters do when not responding to ground emergencies/fires.

--- End quote ---

I'm not totally up on what firefighters do 24/7, but I know they respond to car accidents, other kinds of accidents, and sometimes medical emergencies, not just fires.  Other than that, I think just being ready to go at all times is what they do. 

Mental Magpie:
How does one "shop" for a financial adviser?  I always thought I could save without help, but I could really use some help in figuring out how to budget things.  How can you tell a good one from a bad one?  What are important things for which to look?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version