A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1338/2497) > >>

lady_disdain:
Before, as recommended by my dentist.

KenveeB:
Brush to get the major stuff. Then floss to get the bits your brush couldn't reach. Then rinse with mouthwash to flush it all away.

Elfmama:

--- Quote from: Tea Drinker on February 01, 2013, 01:22:50 PM ---After, and I took that for granted until two minutes ago. But now that I think about it, the reasoning seems to have nothing to do with what would work best. It's just that people say "brush and floss your teeth," which implies that brushing goes first.

--- End quote ---
And does anyone here put on their shoes and socks in that order?  >:D

WillyNilly:
I floss first, as recommended by my dentist and hygienist.  You floss first to remove and loosen bigger bits, then when you brush the toothpaste can get in between the teeth better to further clean.

Think of it like scrubbing and washing something - first you scrub off the big bits, then you use the soap and water to really clean it. Or like first you sweep or vacuum then you wash the floors. Or fist you kick the chunks of snow/mud off your boots, then you wipe them to get any remaining bits.

Mental Magpie:

--- Quote from: Elfmama on February 01, 2013, 02:16:26 PM ---
--- Quote from: Tea Drinker on February 01, 2013, 01:22:50 PM ---After, and I took that for granted until two minutes ago. But now that I think about it, the reasoning seems to have nothing to do with what would work best. It's just that people say "brush and floss your teeth," which implies that brushing goes first.

--- End quote ---
And does anyone here put on their shoes and socks in that order?  >:D

--- End quote ---

I've never heard that order...I've always heard, "Put on your socks and shoes."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version