A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1341/1846) > >>

Mental Magpie:
You can get a specific pass to allow you through security, though I don't know if you have to ask TSA, the airport, or the airline (but that is the order in which I would try them).  Look under FAQ on TSA (at least, that's where I'd start).

Bluenomi:
Is she getting straight onto an international flight or has she got a domestic leg first?

Domestic you should be able to go to the gate but international you won't since she'll have to pass through immigration and you won't be allowed through.

ladyknight1:
It goes through the airline. They give one parent a companion pass that gets you all the way to the gate. It was trickier getting it for the return flight.

TSA was completely used to the process. You do need to carry as little as possible, since you go through security just like everyone else.

Elfmama:

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on January 30, 2013, 10:16:03 PM ---It goes through the airline. They give one parent a companion pass that gets you all the way to the gate. It was trickier getting it for the return flight.

TSA was completely used to the process. You do need to carry as little as possible, since you go through security just like everyone else.

--- End quote ---
Yes, DH got a security pass like that when his elderly parents came down the last time, so that he could meet them at the gate.  No problem at all, as long as you arrange for it several days ahead of the flight date.

jolyan:

--- Quote from: Slartibartfast on January 28, 2013, 02:18:38 AM ---This is definitely a stupid question, and one I could probably answer with a few hours of sorting through Google links to random advice forum posts, but I'm hoping you all will save me the headache :-)  I've had a persistent telemarketer calling my cell phone.  (New phone, but I've had the number for years.)  Google tells me it's someone giving away travel "prizes", most likely contingent on buying a timeshare.  I have no idea how my number ended up on their list, since I never use my phone and actually lost it for the last six months or so before buying this new one, but the comments I saw indicated they won't take you off their list so there's no point in asking.

is there a way to block specific incoming calls on a cell phone?  Does it vary by phone type?  I now have a samsung something or other, if that makes a difference.  I don't even know where to start looking - I dug through all the likely phone menus but didn't see anything.  This phone is capable if interrnet and taking videos and making cannolis and who knows what else, so there are a lot of menus :-)  I just use it for phone calls and the occasional text .

--- End quote ---

You can usually add a block by your providers website or by calling customer care.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version