A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1391/1847) > >>

kherbert05:
My district tech department has a hashtag so we can see each other's tweets about things we have done in the classroom. Some schools have hashtagas and a tv set to display things happening at the school.

Ms_Cellany:
I had a class last semester that made up its own hashtag. Many conferences also do that. #mla.

Slartibartfast:
It can be used as a tongue-in-cheek way of adding sarcasm or a postscript to a tweet, too - "Cleaning vomit out of the car for the third time this week #ParentingIsGreat" or "Yay political robocalls!#NotReally #NotVotingForYouAnyway #IHateLivingInOhio".

twiggy:

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on February 23, 2013, 10:28:24 PM ---I cook with Marsala all the time.

No, not all the alcohol cooks out of the wine.
The flavor is heavily dependent on the wine.
I usually get three to four recipes out of one bottle.
Marsala is fortified, and lasts just fine as long as the lid or cork is secured between uses.

--- End quote ---

really? Now I'm very sad. No more chicken marsala for Twiggyy :'( :'(  :'(

Snooks:

--- Quote from: kherbert05 on February 24, 2013, 09:31:12 AM ---My district tech department has a hashtag so we can see each other's tweets about things we have done in the classroom. Some schools have hashtagas and a tv set to display things happening at the school.

--- End quote ---

This backfired pretty impressively for Starbucks.  They encouraged people to use the hashtag #SpreadTheCheer the tweets were then displayed on a giant screen at the Natural History Museum ice rink in London.  Problem was it was an automated system and Starbucks were (are) in the middle of a tax scandal in the UK. Examples/full story here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version