A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1468/1847) > >>

StarDrifter:
Honestly, if there's going to be a neighborhood cat come along and chase it, I doubt that the problem will be 'resolved' on your doorstep - it's amazing how far and fast an injured animal can move if threatened.

I don't think there's anything you can do - we have two cats and they often bring home injured birds that they've captured (they have *three* bells each on their collars. I have no idea how they manage to catch ANYTHING) and usually Husband will put the poor bird out of its' misery (usually breaking its' neck; how we used to humanely kill our chickens before beheading them and de-feathering) and dispose of it in the bin so that the Pair can no longer torment it. Usually for us the problem is getting the half-dead bird away from the cats in the first place.

Slartibartfast:
Some birds (I don't know if pigeons are among them) will feign a broken wing or other injury to lure predators away from their nests.  I'd put this down to "nature" and not worry.

ladyknight1:
Check to see if there is a wildlife rehabilitation center in your area. These are usually non-profit organizations. We have taken many a orphaned baby rabbit or squirrel there.

Mental Magpie:
How do I get my dehydrator trays clean? I have soaked them in hot soapy water and scrubbed at them with a brush, but I cannot totally get them clean. Granted, if I went at every single little square with a toothpick or some such, I could probably do it, but that would metaphorically take forever. Is there a simpler way?

(I have the grated, circular kind.)

WillyNilly:

--- Quote from: Mental Magpie on April 03, 2013, 04:44:49 PM ---How do I get my dehydrator trays clean? I have soaked them in hot soapy water and scrubbed at them with a brush, but I cannot totally get them clean. Granted, if I went at every single little square with a toothpick or some such, I could probably do it, but that would metaphorically take forever. Is there a simpler way?

(I have the grated, circular kind.)

--- End quote ---

Eh, maybe I'm gross, but I'm of the mindset, if it won't come off with soap and water, it won't come off on my food, and so I don't worry about things like that too much. All the germs are probably dried out of the bits anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version