A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1515/1847) > >>

Optimoose Prime:
My mother was from Warshington State.

TootsNYC:

--- Quote from: jpcher on April 30, 2013, 06:06:20 PM ---New question:

What is "normal" as far as how often cats do their business?

Having a cat, you would think that I should know this. I guess I just don't pay attention (plus being at work all day :-\)

--- End quote ---

Speaking of: how much is normal for kitties to pee each day?

We have a new kitten, and she gets a little water bowl by the sink, which she insists on drinking out of every time any of us go in the bathroom.

She also has a main water dish.
I feel like she uses up a LOT of the clumping litter when she urinates each day. Each box of litter will NOT last as long as they say on the box.

I don't know if it's normal, or if she's drinking too much because of the novelty, or if she's drinking so much because of a kidney issue.

Outdoor Girl:
Re:  warsh.  My friend's mother said it that way and she lived so far up the Upper Peninsula (Michigan) that she was in Canada.

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: TootsNYC on May 02, 2013, 07:49:48 PM ---
--- Quote from: jpcher on April 30, 2013, 06:06:20 PM ---New question:

What is "normal" as far as how often cats do their business?

Having a cat, you would think that I should know this. I guess I just don't pay attention (plus being at work all day :-\)

--- End quote ---

Speaking of: how much is normal for kitties to pee each day?

We have a new kitten, and she gets a little water bowl by the sink, which she insists on drinking out of every time any of us go in the bathroom.

She also has a main water dish.
I feel like she uses up a LOT of the clumping litter when she urinates each day. Each box of litter will NOT last as long as they say on the box.

I don't know if it's normal, or if she's drinking too much because of the novelty, or if she's drinking so much because of a kidney issue.

--- End quote ---
I've always found kittens are like babies and have smaller bladders so go more often. As they grow they seem to visit the box less.

It's good your kitten is drinking often. Cats can get urinary track infections and lots of water will keep those at bay.

snowfire:
My MIL is from tiny town in Montana & she says "warsh".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version