A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1694/2472) > >>

Tea Drinker:
For some compliments, I'd say something like "Thanks, I'm glad you like it." That won't work if someone is complimenting your appearance, but it's fine if they like a cake you baked, a hat you knitted, a photo you took.

WillyNilly:
I think one of the keys to accepting compliments well is thinking about how you prefer for people to respond to you when you compliment them.
I think a sincere "thank you" is always appropriate, as is a compliment back (for example if your boyfriend says you are pretty you can respond with "aww that's because you make me happy and what you see is my happiness"). A big smile is good too.

Hmmmmm:

--- Quote from: Carotte on October 05, 2013, 05:36:33 PM ---About the taking a compliment, I never know how to answer or what to do when m'y SO tells me I'm pretty.
Saying Thank you would seem uterly weird, so I akwardly smile...
What do you answer to that ?
I like it when he says it, I'm juste really not used to anyone saying it beside my parents.

--- End quote ---
As others have said, focus your response the action vs content.
"I'm glad you think so."
"Thanks for saying so."
" You make me feel pretty."
"Thanks, I needed to hear that today."

And occasional joking is fine too.
"You are so right. These jeans make me look smoking hot. You better watch out tonight."

Dazi:
Due to the crazy heat here the last month or so, I've had some dehydration problems despite drinking nearly 100 oz a day.  My doctor said I was not getting enough salt since I typically do not eat prepared foods and I do not add salt to my food.  He encouraged me to drink some zero calorie Powerade or Gatorade everyday until it didn't taste good anymore.  I've been through more jars of pickles this past month than I care to admit.  ;)

Now his set of directions made perfect since to me since the only time I will drink that vile stuff is when I'm really sick or really dehydrated and it taste DEVINE, but when I am not, it taste like watered down nasty stale koolaid.  My husband said that is nuts because the taste of it never changes. 

Well apparently the taste changes for me and my doctor.  Does anyone else have the phenomenon with electrolyte drinks? Or is my DH the one who is right, that the taste does not change?

exitzero:

--- Quote from: Dazi on October 06, 2013, 07:22:59 AM ---Due to the crazy heat here the last month or so, I've had some dehydration problems despite drinking nearly 100 oz a day.  My doctor said I was not getting enough salt since I typically do not eat prepared foods and I do not add salt to my food.  He encouraged me to drink some zero calorie Powerade or Gatorade everyday until it didn't taste good anymore.  I've been through more jars of pickles this past month than I care to admit.  ;)

Now his set of directions made perfect since to me since the only time I will drink that vile stuff is when I'm really sick or really dehydrated and it taste DEVINE, but when I am not, it taste like watered down nasty stale koolaid.  My husband said that is nuts because the taste of it never changes. 

Well apparently the taste changes for me and my doctor.  Does anyone else have the phenomenon with electrolyte drinks? Or is my DH the one who is right, that the taste does not change?

--- End quote ---
You are right, I have heard a couple of people complain about that. I remember going to a concert once and the lead singer complained that his Gatorade didn't taste right because he didn't need it yet. A few songs later, after he had worked up a good sweat, it tasted just right!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version