A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1847/2196) > >>

--- Quote from: Margo on April 17, 2014, 04:44:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: squeakers on April 15, 2014, 04:46:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: jpcher on April 15, 2014, 04:31:21 PM ---Why would hair cutting shears require an adult over 21 (proof required) signature for UPS delivery?

How accurate is UPS on their estimated time for next attempt with delivery?

I looks like I'm going to have to take some time off work to accept a package for DD#2  :-\

--- End quote ---

Appears to be a CYA move: an adult signed for the package vs just anyone. I've signed for a lot of packages but they have never asked to see proof of my age.*

*wanders over to the "Your "I'm not that old!!!" moments " thread.*

--- End quote ---

Are there laws in your area about buying / transporting  knives / weapons? If so, hair cutting shears may count as knives for the purpose of the rules.

--- End quote ---

I've heard of more than one murder performed by library, photo, or other long & sharp shears - so they may indeed be categorizing them as potential weapons.

How willing are nail technicians to take on really nasty nails?  My toenails desperately need professional help but they are in very dire straights.  I assume that nail technicians have "seen it all" but I am still scared to go in for a pedicure with them in the state that they are in (fungal, one black nail, long and sharp, uneven).

Any assurances that they will help me?

They may not work on nails with a fungal infection, due to the risk of cross contamination.  I would call and ask.

Here a podiatrist also takes care of skin and nail conditions, he might be a good first step in order to have you feets healthy enought for a nail technicians.

I agree with both newbiePA and Carotte. I think that going to a podiatrist first for the severe problems will at least give you a clean bill of health so that a pedicurist will be able to fix the rest.

I get a pedi maybe once or twice a year and my feet are in pretty bad shape when I finally do go -- cracked skin around my heels, long/uneven nails, heavy cuticles, etc. -- they are clean, but not pretty.

I've gotten some brief questioning looks from pedicurists, but they do a great job. Often suggesting creams and regiment (which I never listen to :-[). They are always polite and never disparaging.

They want you to come back, so they will treat you well.

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version