A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1847/1981) > >>

Mal:

--- Quote from: Carotte on April 19, 2014, 06:38:57 PM ---Do I have any chance of succes if I plant sunflowers in a balcony planter?
I think the deepest planter I saw was 8 inches deep, and some varieties grow "small" (I saw one who had 18" advertised on the seed packet) so maybe, hopefully, I can grow some this summer...
(the spot I'm thinking about gets plenty of sunshine and is protected from too much wind).

--- End quote ---

I once had a sunflower reach a height of more than 6 feet from a 6 inch deep planter. Just make sure to use quality soil and don't let the planter dry out, you'll be fine :)

ladyknight1:
From an Earth Day event I attended, it is also a bad idea to fertilize sunflowers. Good soil, water and light are enough.

VorFemme:

--- Quote from: Margo on April 17, 2014, 05:44:47 AM ---
--- Quote from: squeakers on April 15, 2014, 05:46:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: jpcher on April 15, 2014, 05:31:21 PM ---Why would hair cutting shears require an adult over 21 (proof required) signature for UPS delivery?

How accurate is UPS on their estimated time for next attempt with delivery?

I looks like I'm going to have to take some time off work to accept a package for DD#2  :-\

--- End quote ---

Appears to be a CYA move: an adult signed for the package vs just anyone. I've signed for a lot of packages but they have never asked to see proof of my age.*

*wanders over to the "Your "I'm not that old!!!" moments " thread.*

--- End quote ---

Are there laws in your area about buying / transporting  knives / weapons? If so, hair cutting shears may count as knives for the purpose of the rules.

--- End quote ---

I've heard of more than one murder performed by library, photo, or other long & sharp shears - so they may indeed be categorizing them as potential weapons.

Betelnut:
How willing are nail technicians to take on really nasty nails?  My toenails desperately need professional help but they are in very dire straights.  I assume that nail technicians have "seen it all" but I am still scared to go in for a pedicure with them in the state that they are in (fungal, one black nail, long and sharp, uneven).

Any assurances that they will help me?

newbiePA:
They may not work on nails with a fungal infection, due to the risk of cross contamination.  I would call and ask.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version