A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. Guests, register for forum membership to see all the boards. > Time For a Coffee Break!

The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread

<< < (1847/2486) > >>

ladyknight1:
Since she has had major hissy fits over cats bringing in dead squirrels, I don't think this is something she has considered.

Amava:

--- Quote from: ladyknight1 on May 19, 2014, 05:25:48 PM ---Since she has had major hissy fits over cats bringing in dead squirrels, I don't think this is something she has considered.

--- End quote ---

Oh heavens, my mother-in-law does that too.
She calls her one cat a word I can't say on this board but which is not all too friendly because he does that.

Also, any ideas how to stop my dog from hunting fledgling birds (blackbirds, sparrows etc) in my garden? I try to distract and discipline her when I notice her doing it, but she's often out on her own (walled garden, totally safe to not let her escape, but those birds... ).

Kimblee:

--- Quote from: Mel the Redcap on May 19, 2014, 05:22:09 PM ---Oh boy, that won't end well if she actually gets a Ridgie. A relative of mine had one... gorgeous dog, wonderful with family and children and anyone who was introduced to him as a friend, excellent guard dog - he spent his nights loose in the yard at a dealership and treed at least one attempted burglar on top of a tractor - and yes, very intelligent. The number of ways he worked out to get on the furniture without actually technically being on the furniture was impressive.

--- End quote ---

Did he ever try "If I lay across three people's laps and dont touch the couch I'm NOT on the couch"?

Our Great Dane did.

PastryGoddess:

--- Quote from: Kimblee on May 19, 2014, 08:55:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Mel the Redcap on May 19, 2014, 05:22:09 PM ---Oh boy, that won't end well if she actually gets a Ridgie. A relative of mine had one... gorgeous dog, wonderful with family and children and anyone who was introduced to him as a friend, excellent guard dog - he spent his nights loose in the yard at a dealership and treed at least one attempted burglar on top of a tractor - and yes, very intelligent. The number of ways he worked out to get on the furniture without actually technically being on the furniture was impressive.

--- End quote ---

Did he ever try "If I lay across three people's laps and dont touch the couch I'm NOT on the couch"?

Our Great Dane did.

--- End quote ---

Ah yes the 100+ pound lap dogs.  Our old Rottweiler used to do that

Dindrane:
I kind of feel like a fashion dunce for even wanting to ask this question, but where did the trend for painting just your ring finger nails a different color from the rest of them come from? Is this just something common in my area, or have any of you seen something similar?

I keep seeing people with manicures done this way, and I can't for the life of me figure out who decided that was the cool thing to do, or why anyone would want to do it. But I also rarely paint my nails (because I'm lazy), and generally use pretty neutral colors when I do, so I'm probably not a great person to weigh in on this subject. :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version