News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• December 15, 2017, 08:26:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread  (Read 2559408 times)

PastryGoddess

Re: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread
« Reply #9525 on: July 23, 2014, 10:16:34 PM »
Cook the salad first until its hot then crack the egg on top.  As you mix it in, the heat from the salad should cook the egg.  If it's still too runny, you can pop it back in the microwave. 

gmatoy

« Reply #9526 on: July 24, 2014, 02:34:08 AM »
Does anyone know where I could find a source for the plates like the ones that microwave dinners used to come on? Beige plastic (or something similar) about 7 1/2 inches when measured across the plate and they have an edge/rim. They were/are perfect to use as sandwich plates or as craft plate. Mine are too warn out to still be safe for food. Thanks for your help.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #9527 on: July 24, 2014, 05:23:08 AM »
Does anyone know where I could find a source for the plates like the ones that microwave dinners used to come on? Beige plastic (or something similar) about 7 1/2 inches when measured across the plate and they have an edge/rim. They were/are perfect to use as sandwich plates or as craft plate. Mine are too warn out to still be safe for food. Thanks for your help.

A restaurant supply store might have them.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

StarDrifter

• I never tell people exactly how smart I am
« Reply #9528 on: July 24, 2014, 06:07:10 AM »
I know that I got a couple of plates like that in a picnic set from Tupperware - and Husband has appropriated them to use them as microwave dinner plates!
... it might frighten them.
Victoria,

poundcake

« Reply #9529 on: July 24, 2014, 06:22:28 AM »

I've seen them at secondhand/thrift shops, too.

Nikko-chan

« Reply #9530 on: July 24, 2014, 06:24:26 AM »
I can tell one on myself, or "Ask a silly question..."

I'm taking a sign language course at the School for the Deaf.  We were doing finger spelling, and I asked the instructor how you signed ASL (American Sign Language).  He promptly signed out A-S-L.  ::).

Okay now I'll tell one on myself. So a friend of mine in HS was deaf, and several of the girls in the group knew an extensive amount of ASL (they were all related, and had a cousin who was deaf). I asked one of the girls to sign the word 'who' to me, because i had forgotten it (at this point I had been studying ASL on my own off and on since I was eight). Something got mucked up between her telling me and me signing it to my deaf friend. Oh yes. All six of them laughed themselves silly.

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #9531 on: July 24, 2014, 08:04:27 AM »
I have a 'shared experience' question (and this is not intended to procure any medical advice, I'm just curious if anybody else has had this happen).

Have you ever been so tired - or a certain type of tired/exhausted - that you feel hungover? (Even though no spirits were imbibed?) I have had that happen and recently a coworker said she'd had something similar happen when she was particularly tired, so I wondered if this was common. A good night's sleep took care of the problem.
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

Outdoor Girl

« Reply #9532 on: July 24, 2014, 08:11:02 AM »
I have, although usually only if I'm also dehydrated.  A hangover is mostly dehydration, anyway.  I've heard of 'crying hangovers' where someone who had been really emotional and did a lot of crying and didn't drink any water woke up with a hangover.
After cleaning out my Dad's house, I have this advice:  If you haven't used it in a year, throw it out!!!!.
Ontario

Mental Magpie

« Reply #9533 on: July 24, 2014, 08:14:55 AM »
I have a 'shared experience' question (and this is not intended to procure any medical advice, I'm just curious if anybody else has had this happen).

Have you ever been so tired - or a certain type of tired/exhausted - that you feel hungover? (Even though no spirits were imbibed?) I have had that happen and recently a coworker said she'd had something similar happen when she was particularly tired, so I wondered if this was common. A good night's sleep took care of the problem.

I've been so exhausted I've felt almost drunk, but I'm not sure about hungover. I was woozy and couldn't process things normally.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #9534 on: July 24, 2014, 08:31:33 AM »
Exhaustion can be more dangerous than being intoxicated. I've been there.  :-[
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

AfleetAlex

• Proud cat mom and Auntie
« Reply #9535 on: July 24, 2014, 09:41:03 AM »
Thanks for the feedback and perspectives. The last time this happened to me I may have been dehydrated due to sweat so that as a cause didn't occur to me at the time. That would explain the similar symptoms to a hangover!
I have a chronic case of foot-in-mouth disease.

GreenHall

« Reply #9536 on: July 24, 2014, 09:49:32 AM »
Sunscreen says to 'Apply 15 minutes before exposure to sun' (or similar).  What happens if I go out 5-10 minutes after applying?  Do I only get partial blockage?  Or less? I walk during my lunch break, and would prefer not to get too much sunscreen on my work clothes, so I change, apply sunscreen, change shoes, and walk.  I don't really have time to wait 15 minutes before going out.

Betelnut

« Reply #9537 on: July 24, 2014, 10:36:42 AM »
This is really stupid but I just downloaded onto my computer some pictures from my kid's new camera (first time doing it).  I want to delete everything on her camera to make room for our upcoming trip. Anyway, the files are HUGE--like 4x bigger than my other picture files.

Is there a way to automatically resize the files while/when I'm downloading them?  I

Hmm, I'm also wondering if there is a setting in the camera itself to make the files smaller (obviously y'all wouldn't know that, just thinking aloud here).
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Slartibartfast

• Nerdy Necklaces - my Etsy shop!
« Reply #9538 on: July 24, 2014, 10:50:28 AM »
This is really stupid but I just downloaded onto my computer some pictures from my kid's new camera (first time doing it).  I want to delete everything on her camera to make room for our upcoming trip. Anyway, the files are HUGE--like 4x bigger than my other picture files.

Is there a way to automatically resize the files while/when I'm downloading them?  I

Hmm, I'm also wondering if there is a setting in the camera itself to make the files smaller (obviously y'all wouldn't know that, just thinking aloud here).

1) yes, there should be a setting on the camera to change the picture size - if you don't want to waste tme mucking through menus, Google for your camera model + "change resolution."

2) some fancier software can do things like this in bulk, but I doubt it's anything you can automate with your basic photo software.

perpetua

« Reply #9539 on: July 24, 2014, 11:08:02 AM »

I've been so exhausted I've felt almost drunk, but I'm not sure about hungover. I was woozy and couldn't process things normally.

My sleep is really poor due to my EDS - very disturbed and I don't think I ever get into deep sleep. I feel like this most days - always a slight undercurrent of wooziness, if that makes sense. It hadn't occurred to me that it was a result of lack of sleep but it very well might be.