Author Topic: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread  (Read 1057725 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread
« Reply #7875 on: June 20, 2013, 07:01:16 PM »
And while we're on the subject - Why are dark colored cars usually only available with light interiors and light colored cars only available with dark interiors.  I loved the brown Subaru, but I have a black lab, so a tan interior was not going work for me.  I like the light blue I got, and the black interior works with my pup, but I did love the brown one.

My Subaru is silver with a black interior. I wanted a black one, but they only had it with a tan interior which I really didn't like.

Sounds perfect for you. The dog would be partially camouflaged! (I know. He has a bright red interior.......)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #7876 on: June 20, 2013, 10:46:51 PM »
And while we're on the subject - Why are dark colored cars usually only available with light interiors and light colored cars only available with dark interiors.  I loved the brown Subaru, but I have a black lab, so a tan interior was not going work for me.  I like the light blue I got, and the black interior works with my pup, but I did love the brown one.

My Subaru is silver with a black interior. I wanted a black one, but they only had it with a tan interior which I really didn't like.

Sounds perfect for you. The dog would be partially camouflaged! (I know. He has a bright red interior.......)

While the tan gets part of the dogs, the black would have to get the other part.  Maybe I should just get black and tan marble?  ;D
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

ScubaGirl

« Reply #7877 on: June 21, 2013, 08:01:11 AM »
We finally have a DVR (Charter cable service).  I installed in on Tuesday and then had it record "The Voice" (a live show that had started a few minutes prior to recording, if that makes a difference) as a test.  Last night I went to watch it and the commercials were also recorded.  I thought DVRs skipped commercials.  Am I wrong?  Did I fail to do something correctly? 

camlan

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7878 on: June 21, 2013, 08:10:50 AM »
We finally have a DVR (Charter cable service).  I installed in on Tuesday and then had it record "The Voice" (a live show that had started a few minutes prior to recording, if that makes a difference) as a test.  Last night I went to watch it and the commercials were also recorded.  I thought DVRs skipped commercials.  Am I wrong?  Did I fail to do something correctly?

You did fine. DVRs record commercials. They record whatever is aired on the channel you select at the times you choose--commercials and all.

I googled and it appears that Dish Network has a DVR that will allow you to skip commercials.

You should be able to fast forward through the commercials.

If you have On Demand, where you can watch from a library of past shows, sometimes there are no or fewer commercials with these shows. Sometimes you get the exact same commercials as when the show aired live. Sometimes you can fast forward through the commercials and sometimes you can't.

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says, “I’m possible!” –Audrey Hepburn

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #7879 on: June 21, 2013, 08:11:27 AM »

DVRs do record commercials, and there is no skip.  That's because cable companies and content providers are so far in bed with each other that cuddling is not unheard of.

Redsoil

« Reply #7880 on: June 22, 2013, 10:09:34 AM »
I tend to go for interesting colours in my vehicles.  My current ute is "Wildfire" which is a coppery orange gold colour.  (I didn't actually need a new ute, but saw this, loved the colour, went "oooh SHINY!", and bought it.)  :)
Look out... 
It's one of the Aussie Contingent!

Betelnut

« Reply #7881 on: June 22, 2013, 12:49:12 PM »
Just fast forward past the commercials.  It is amazing how accurate you will get at hitting the play button right when the show comes back on.  I rarely miss!
Native Texan, Marylander currently

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7882 on: June 22, 2013, 02:59:56 PM »
I tend to go for interesting colours in my vehicles.  My current ute is "Wildfire" which is a coppery orange gold colour.  (I didn't actually need a new ute, but saw this, loved the colour, went "oooh SHINY!", and bought it.)  :)
Our latest car is "blackberry." It's a deep midnight blue, with metallic blue and purple sparkles in the sunlight.  On cloudy days it just looks black. :(
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It's true. Money can't buy happiness.  You have to turn it
into books first.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

KenveeB

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7883 on: June 22, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »
Our latest car is "blackberry." It's a deep midnight blue, with metallic blue and purple sparkles in the sunlight.  On cloudy days it just looks black. :(

Mine is "steel blue." It's a beautiful silvery blue and sparkles in the light. :)

Pen^2

« Reply #7884 on: June 22, 2013, 05:52:15 PM »

Mine is "steel blue." It's a beautiful silvery blue and sparkles in the light. :)

All these colour names remind me of weird things. "Wildfire" and "Blackberry" are My Little Ponies. Steel Blue is Zoolander!

Iris

« Reply #7885 on: June 22, 2013, 07:34:41 PM »

All these colour names remind me of weird things. "Wildfire" and "Blackberry" are My Little Ponies. Steel Blue is Zoolander!

That's "Blue Steel". Not to be mistaken for "La Tigre" or "Magnum"   ;D
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Kimblee

• I look good in white....
  • Super Hero!
  • "Hugs don't go Boom." "They don't? Since when?"
    • My Blog
« Reply #7886 on: June 22, 2013, 08:29:28 PM »
Hair and disposable tissue paper are not to be disposed in the toilets right?
My SO always ask me why don't I throw the hair from my brush into the toilet, or the paper tissues, and I'm always telling him that's quite a stupid thing to do (I'm not a 100% sure about it but hey, you never know right).

Hair should be burnt. Its the only way to prevent misfortune and sickness.

(No, not really, but a friend of mine burns all of his children's hair because he, as an educated, mostly unsuperstitious man, truely believes his younger brother got pneumonia because a family member cute off some of his hair and "worked bad magic" over it. So as much as possible all of his kids' hair gets burnt when it comes off them. I personally throw mine out in the trash.)
http://www.etsy.com/shop/Sassycelticmoon
<a href="http://knitmeter.com/" title="Get Your Own KnitMeter">" border="0[/url]

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #7887 on: June 23, 2013, 01:47:34 AM »
Just fast forward past the commercials.  It is amazing how accurate you will get at hitting the play button right when the show comes back on.  I rarely miss!

Our DVR is tricksy... it doesn't likes to fast forward smoothly.  If we try that, we end up about ten seconds past the commercial back into the show.

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
« Reply #7888 on: June 23, 2013, 12:00:14 PM »

Our DVR is tricksy... it doesn't likes to fast forward smoothly.  If we try that, we end up about ten seconds past the commercial back into the show.

Check and see if there is a button on the remote that is an arrow in the shape of a backwards 'C'.  On my remote, when you press that button, it rewinds 8 seconds.  It might end up being the perfect amount of time for you.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Diane AKA Traska

« Reply #7889 on: June 23, 2013, 01:14:22 PM »

Check and see if there is a button on the remote that is an arrow in the shape of a backwards 'C'.  On my remote, when you press that button, it rewinds 8 seconds.  It might end up being the perfect amount of time for you.

:o

We've had this remote since 2005WHY did I never press that button before?!