Author Topic: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread  (Read 1125318 times)

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
Re: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread
« Reply #8520 on: October 06, 2013, 08:52:43 PM »
Interesting!

Coconut water is drunk pretty much any time here: at the beach, sure, but also at meal times or just to quench thirst. I'll have it any time it is available (fresh, never out of a bottle or carton - that is vile!). But I think soda is undrinkable at any time.

Optimoose Prime

« Reply #8521 on: October 06, 2013, 11:09:30 PM »
My husband says the same thing about Gatorade.  In my opinion it always tastes vile.

Reader

« Reply #8522 on: October 07, 2013, 02:12:12 PM »
Isn't there a poster on here that has had success in locating lost objects?  I lost my e-blu extra battery and cartridge(electronic cigarette) Saturday night somewhere.  The last place I had it was my friend's house, but did not have it when I got home.  Could of swore it was in my pocket, but no luck.

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #8523 on: October 08, 2013, 09:47:36 AM »
For the dehydrated, then, Gatorate is pretty much like cod liver oil. Delicious when your body needs it; nasty when it doesn't.

Gatorade always tastes fine to me, and Powerade always tastes nasty.

jolyan

« Reply #8524 on: October 08, 2013, 10:29:35 AM »
Isn't there a poster on here that has had success in locating lost objects?  I lost my e-blu extra battery and cartridge(electronic cigarette) Saturday night somewhere.  The last place I had it was my friend's house, but did not have it when I got home.  Could of swore it was in my pocket, but no luck.

If you travelled by car check down the seats and all around them.

cwm

« Reply #8525 on: October 08, 2013, 10:53:29 AM »
Any electrolyte drinks to me taste nasty. Gatorade, Powerade, Pedialyte. To me it tastes worse when I'm sick or need it the most, but when I'm not feeling well, my taste buds get overly picky.

I've never tried coconut water, but if it tastes anything at all like coconut itself, I'm sure I wouldn't like it. I can't stand coconut. And I don't drink soda either. When I'm dehydrated, I get some tea and sit in a hot bath or shower drinking tea. But then I have to go to bed. I can absorb all the water I want, but until I get some sleep and let it settle in, I'm useless. On the other hand, I've had problems with dehydration giving me migraines since middle school, so I've learned the early symptoms of when I need liquid and can usually fill myself up before it gets too bad.

Thipu1

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8526 on: October 08, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »
My husband says the same thing about Gatorade.  In my opinion it always tastes vile.

We drink Gatorade but it's a bit intense so we cut it with seltzer. 

Reader

« Reply #8527 on: October 08, 2013, 12:54:54 PM »

If you travelled by car check down the seats and all around them.

Checked the car 3 times, including one today at lunch.  It didn't turn up.

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #8528 on: October 08, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »

I've always found Gatorade to be rather thin tasting.

mandycorn

« Reply #8529 on: October 08, 2013, 02:02:02 PM »

I do that with the Crystal-Lite drink mixes, to make a less sugary soda-type drink for days when I'm totally sick of water but don't want a straight soda.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine" - Abraham Lincoln 

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #8530 on: October 08, 2013, 03:04:04 PM »
Can an underwire bra that has a broken wire be fixed?

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #8531 on: October 08, 2013, 05:00:15 PM »
Can an underwire bra that has a broken wire be fixed?

Not to my knowledge. Officially, bras are only supposed to last six months. If it's high end and broke in a considerably shorter time period, I might consider contacting the manufacturer.

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #8532 on: October 08, 2013, 06:04:15 PM »
I've seen underwire for sale in some craft stores. I wonder if it would be possible to make a tiny slit in the casing that holds the wire, push it out and insert a new one. I think it will be fiddly but the new underwires are cheap and the bra would be thrown out, otherwise, so it can't hurt to try.

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
« Reply #8533 on: October 08, 2013, 06:31:07 PM »
This is a favorite and due to my washing method, I can usually get 5+ years out of one. This one must be close to 10 years old, but that is the only thing wrong with it! Le sigh.

Iris

« Reply #8534 on: October 08, 2013, 07:27:40 PM »
I replaced an underwire once. I just unpacked some of the seam that was encasing it, pulled it out, fed a new one in and stitched it up. I never felt that it was as comfortable again though, but maybe I did it wrong or had the wrong sized wire. Can't hurt to try, I guess.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.