News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• July 04, 2015, 10:14:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)  (Read 825843 times)

Sirius

• Super Hero!
  • Stars in my eyes!
We inadvertently showed up a day early for a vacation.  The hotel where we were staying didn't have anywhere they could put us, so the clerk called around, and found us a spot at a nearby resort.  The part that was almost in the "impossible" range?  It was the fourth place she'd called.  No one else had any vacancies.  We fully realized the mistake was ours, but we were glad they found us some place to go for that night.

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
I own a cleaning business. There are many people that think that the cleaners are waiting with vacuum and cleaners in hand for their phone call, when we usually are scheduled out weeks in advance.  Just received a request yesterday that a client wanted their rental cleaned July 1st. The other owner visits the rental and estimates that it will take 25-30 hours to clean this house. I am sorry its not going to happen. The client knew when it needed to be clean a month ago. You should have called then and had the house put into the schedule.  I feel bad that you have already rented the house out and I understand that your renters will be mad, but you should have planned as soon as you knew that you needed our service before the 1st.
I'm sure the client can spiffy that house up in just half an hour! >:D
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

SCAJAfamily

I messed up from the customer side.  I needed security for a party.  They said 48 hr notice and I called today, but with the 4th of July holiday, they were completely booked, as were the 4 other places I called.
SCAJAfamily = dd S 22, ds C 15, ds A 12, dh J and myself dw A