Author Topic: File under Miscellaneous: Topics That Don't Deserve A Whole Thread  (Read 62477 times)

ladyknight1

• Super Hero!
  • Operating the logic hammer since 1987.
Re: File under Miscellaneous: Topics That Don't Deserve A Whole Thread
« Reply #600 on: November 10, 2014, 09:54:46 PM »
It makes me sad that people won't help themselves, even with plenty of notice.

My SIL made major life plans two years ago and gave her cousin, who lived with her, notice. Every six months, SIL would update the time line and remind her cousin. One year out, SIL told cousin to stop paying rent, save that money so she could move with her minor daughter.

SIL had the one month chat, to find out that cousin did not save any money. Had only enough to pay a deposit and first months rent on a very small apartment and could not take her cat with her.

It makes me very sad that cousin was not proactive, and that she and her daughter are sharing a one bedroom apartment because that is all they could afford, after all the notice and free rent she had. Sigh.

gramma dishes

• Super Hero!
« Reply #601 on: November 10, 2014, 10:08:38 PM »
... One year out, SIL told cousin to stop paying rent, save that money so she could move with her minor daughter.  ...

In hindsight it seems would probably have been wiser for SIL to continue collecting rent for that last year and then just as a surprise "moving out" gift, she could have returned the one years rent to her cousin.  But to be honest, even if she had done that, it's sadly pretty obvious that that money would have been spent quickly and probably frivolously and cousin would be right back where she started.  I don't know why, but some people just don't "get" how to handle money.

poundcake

« Reply #602 on: November 11, 2014, 07:34:02 AM »
... One year out, SIL told cousin to stop paying rent, save that money so she could move with her minor daughter.  ...

In hindsight it seems would probably have been wiser for SIL to continue collecting rent for that last year and then just as a surprise "moving out" gift, she could have returned the one years rent to her cousin.  But to be honest, even if she had done that, it's sadly pretty obvious that that money would have been spent quickly and probably frivolously and cousin would be right back where she started.  I don't know why, but some people just don't "get" how to handle money.

No kidding. This is my mom, to a t. No matter what you try to do to help, they self-sabotage. Until they decide that they are going to get the therapy they need, nothing you do will fix it.

I'm here because I feel like complaining about the time change. I love winter and dark coziness, but I really wish it didn't start getting dark where I am at 3:30 in the afternoon. Isn't there a happy medium?!

athersgeo

• No one told you when to run
« Reply #603 on: November 11, 2014, 08:28:40 AM »

No kidding. This is my mom, to a t. No matter what you try to do to help, they self-sabotage. Until they decide that they are going to get the therapy they need, nothing you do will fix it.

I'm here because I feel like complaining about the time change. I love winter and dark coziness, but I really wish it didn't start getting dark where I am at 3:30 in the afternoon. Isn't there a happy medium?!

Move further south? Round 'bout the equator should do it, I think ;)

eta removed a failed attempt at a smily

sandisadie

« Reply #604 on: November 11, 2014, 02:54:25 PM »
I hate the idea of the time change!  This year my old cat (about 12) really, really hates it!  She begins whining about 4:30 or 5 a.m. (Thinking it's 5:30 or 6).   My alarm is set for 6 so I have been waking fully at 4 or 4:30 because of catwhine!  I have 2 cats and the other one who is 7 just lays there and waits until 6 when I feed them.  I don't want to feed them earlier because I'm hoping the old one will adjust to the time change soon.  She is getting better but I'm having to take "cat" naps during the day or early evening.  Pun intended!

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #605 on: November 13, 2014, 07:09:26 PM »
New topic:

CW Cathy and I get to work about an hour earlier than everybody else. There is an outer office area and we keep the outer door open. We work in the back room cube area. Early mornings we keep the inner door to this area closed with the lights off . . . very relaxing way to start the morning. ;D

This morning I needed to meet with someone to go over some changes on a project. I sent him an e-mail saying I was in, stop by whenever you're ready. He responded "Thx. c u soon."

About 40 minutes later there was a knock on the door. So I turned on the lights opened the door (left it open) and we got down to business.

An hour later, he left.

I checked my e-mail and found that there was a message from him:

Subject: At the door
Body: Please let me in.

Seriously? Instead of simply knocking, you send an e-mail? I wonder how long he was standing outside the door waiting for my response?

Am I the only one who thinks this is way too funny?

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #606 on: November 13, 2014, 08:40:31 PM »
New topic:

CW Cathy and I get to work about an hour earlier than everybody else. There is an outer office area and we keep the outer door open. We work in the back room cube area. Early mornings we keep the inner door to this area closed with the lights off . . . very relaxing way to start the morning. ;D

This morning I needed to meet with someone to go over some changes on a project. I sent him an e-mail saying I was in, stop by whenever you're ready. He responded "Thx. c u soon."

About 40 minutes later there was a knock on the door. So I turned on the lights opened the door (left it open) and we got down to business.

An hour later, he left.

I checked my e-mail and found that there was a message from him:

Subject: At the door
Body: Please let me in.

Seriously? Instead of simply knocking, you send an e-mail? I wonder how long he was standing outside the door waiting for my response?

Am I the only one who thinks this is way too funny?

Re: At the door
Please let me in.
Not by the hair of my chinny chin chin!