News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• November 22, 2017, 01:49:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: most bizarre fair foods  (Read 3122 times)

learningtofly

Re: most bizarre fair foods
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2017, 10:35:09 AM »
Bacon brisket bomb.  Yummy.

Pork on a stick was disappointing as it was just a bone in pork chop.

Always love fried cheese curds

catwhiskers

« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 03:19:50 PM »
I'm from Louisiana and currently live in Florida. Gator has always been a common food for me... And yes, tasty.

I would really like to try it. But I don't think I have much chance of getting hold of it in the UK. :(

I googled "alligator meat UK" and there are a few suppliers who have a range of meats [Osgrow.com (for instance) do alpaca-to-zebra, via crocodile/impala/ostrich/water buffalo (with a side of crickets/locusts)], and even Iceland was advertising crocodile burgers!  I'm not sure I'd know the difference between 'gator and croc, but I'm guessing it might be similar?

Thanks for the tip, I need to look into this Osgrow.com. Other Half is really into different types of meat, maybe we could host a "weird meats" party for a few friends who would also like to try something a bit different.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 03:22:32 PM by catwhiskers »

Hmmmmm

« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2017, 05:31:41 PM »
A bag of Fritos with the side of the bag slit open and chili poured inside with a topping of cheese and onions.

I don't know if this constitutes "bizarre" but the first time I had it I thought it unique, quite odd and absolutely delicious. ;D

That's a Frito Pie. And has been a standard of high school football concession stands since at least the '60s.

knitwicca

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2017, 12:22:57 PM »
A bag of Fritos with the side of the bag slit open and chili poured inside with a topping of cheese and onions.

I don't know if this constitutes "bizarre" but the first time I had it I thought it unique, quite odd and absolutely delicious. ;D

When I was a teen in Oklahoma,  we called those Freak Pie.
Even better using nacho cheese Doritos!

TeamBhakta

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2017, 05:45:14 PM »
I had seen potato ice cream before (yummy), but this year I saw for the first time an Ice Cream Potato.  I didn't buy one, although I was tempted to out of curiosity.

Martha Stewart has a famous recipe for one.

wonderfullyanonymous

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2017, 06:02:40 PM »
Not fried, but Wisconsin State Fair Creme Puffs are to die for!

I wouldn't try deep fried butter, but that just sounds gross. I would try alligator though, that does sound good. Nothing with more than four legs, though.

rose red

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2017, 08:01:42 PM »
I wouldn't try deep fried butter, but that just sounds gross.

That was my first reaction too, but after thinking about it, it probably taste like fried bread or doughnut with melting butter. Still not my thing though.

Tierrainney

• Where the swans winter
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2017, 11:22:08 AM »
I had seen potato ice cream before (yummy), but this year I saw for the first time an Ice Cream Potato.  I didn't buy one, although I was tempted to out of curiosity.

Martha Stewart has a famous recipe for one.

I looked up the recipe.  It reminds me of Spaghetti Eis  from Germany:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaghettieis

Very delicious
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Dazi

• like the flower
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2017, 12:58:15 PM »
It's not the same thing, but all this talk about potato ice cream is making me crave old fashioned potato candy balls.
Meditate. Live purely. Quiet the mind. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine. ---Gautama Buddah

BeagleMommy

« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2017, 02:12:49 PM »
Our local Tomato Festival tried deep fried pizza one year.  I don't think it would have been bad if they had used a regular batter, but they used funnel cake batter.  Pizza covered in sweet dough is not good.

However, the deep fried s'more we had at the chocolate festival two summers ago was sinfully delicious.