News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 27, 2016, 11:52:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Royal Albert China  (Read 1777 times)

siamesecat2965

Re: Royal Albert China
« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2016, 12:49:29 PM »
I've found that Replacements is far too expensive, and have had good luck finding my missing pieces for much less on ebay. Though of course, ebay is hit or miss regarding what's available, so if really want/need a particular piece, you can't count on being able to get it there.

Me too! my former china was Noritake Linton, and I got my creamer and sugar bowl on ebay, from 2 separate sellers, with shipping, for about $25-30 total for both. I think Replacements wanted double that for just one piece!

Mustard

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2016, 01:00:24 PM »
Re: tea v high tea.  For the former, think upstairs at Downton Abbey.  The latter is definitely for those below stairs.

Bijou

« Reply #32 on: May 12, 2016, 11:46:23 PM »
Now that my boys are all out of the baby/toddler/little boy stage (boo hoo!), I've started collecting Royal Albert china. 

Teacups/saucers are my favorite right now. I don't have one particular pattern as I prefer mixing and matching. Plus, if one breaks...no big deal. I use them often and it can add a bit of sunshine to a rainy day.

Anyone else enjoy a frilly table?  I have all boys so a girly table every now and then is a joy!  My boys put up with it, but I think they secretly enjoy it too.  :D
I love mixed up dishes on a table.  I was curious so I went and googled Royal Albert china Patterns under Images and it brought up a lot of them.  so Pretty!
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=royal+albert+china+patterns&FORM=HDRSC2
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Roe

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2016, 10:34:01 AM »
Now that my boys are all out of the baby/toddler/little boy stage (boo hoo!), I've started collecting Royal Albert china. 

Teacups/saucers are my favorite right now. I don't have one particular pattern as I prefer mixing and matching. Plus, if one breaks...no big deal. I use them often and it can add a bit of sunshine to a rainy day.

Anyone else enjoy a frilly table?  I have all boys so a girly table every now and then is a joy!  My boys put up with it, but I think they secretly enjoy it too.  :D
I love mixed up dishes on a table.  I was curious so I went and googled Royal Albert china Patterns under Images and it brought up a lot of them.  so Pretty!
http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=royal+albert+china+patterns&FORM=HDRSC2

I enjoy browsing the patterns. 

If you aren't into the "too flowery" patterns, look up Mint Deco and Polka Rose.

I got a Mint Deco plate/teacup and saucer. The online picture made the green/teal look a bit neon so I wasn't sure about ordering the set.  Now, I love it!  The teal isn't bright like the online pic made it seem. It's a soft teal and beautiful.

The Polka Rose and Mint Deco are now two of my favorite patterns.  My favorite flowery pattern is the English Chintz pattern.  My husband enjoys the Regency Blue as he feels that one is more "manly" so when we have tea, he uses that one.  LOL! 

I use the names of my teacups, which my 12 year old finds hilarious.  Of course I pointed out that he knows the names and history of all of his 100's (maybe 1000's) of action figures.  That made him go "hmmmmm".  :D