News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 31, 2015, 12:14:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread  (Read 1307650 times)

Barney girl

Re: The "This Might Be A Stupid Question, But...." Thread
« Reply #10755 on: August 29, 2015, 04:52:19 AM »
You've put me in tears of laughter

mmswm

« Reply #10756 on: August 29, 2015, 09:54:03 PM »
New stupid question:  What's the best place to buy team logo clothing (t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts) if you don't live anywhere near the team who you're a fan of?  Say, for example, you live in San Diego and are planning on going to the Chargers/Dolphins game this December (maybe, if the person trying to get you tickets comes through...my son's therapist has some resources for this kind of thing), but you and your family are all Dolphins fans, but due to the circumstances of your last move, plus the fact that kids grow, you have no team logo shirts to wear to the game.  Any official NFL stuff is really expensive, and places like Target and Walmart sell logo merchandise, but not generally for teams so far away.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

Harriet Jones

• Super Hero!
  • Yes, we know who you are.
« Reply #10757 on: August 29, 2015, 10:02:50 PM »
I'm sure there are lots of other sites, but fanatics.com is pretty good.  They've got a sale going right now.

JoW

« Reply #10758 on: August 29, 2015, 10:09:32 PM »
Try Walmart's or Target's on-line store.  It won't hurt to look. 
The team's official site probably has lot of very expensive stuff.  Looking is free.
If you still have family or friends near the team's home town and any of them visit thrift stores ask them to keep an eye out for you. 

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #10759 on: Yesterday at 05:24:57 AM »
If you still have family or friends near the team's home town and any of them visit thrift stores ask them to keep an eye out for you.

If you don't find anything by next weekend, I will be in Florida for the 4 day weekend. I'll be more than willing to help out a Fin fan!
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-

mmswm

« Reply #10760 on: Yesterday at 02:56:29 PM »

If you don't find anything by next weekend, I will be in Florida for the 4 day weekend. I'll be more than willing to help out a Fin fan!

Thanks!  But, between the suggestions of fanatics.com and looking at the Target and Walmart websites (why didn't I think of that!  Duh!) I've found a few things that will work.  Plus a stuffed duck with the Dolphins logo on it that my 14 year old is attempting to insist I buy.  The game isn't until December 20th, so I have plenty of time to order stuff online.
Some people lift weights.  I lift measures.  It's a far more esoteric workout. - (Quoted from a personal friend)

afbluebelle

• Super Hero!
  • Saving the world one squirrelbot at a time
« Reply #10761 on: Yesterday at 07:27:21 PM »
Awesome! =)

I never looked on the Walmart site either, I'm a rack browser.
My inner (r-word) is having a field day with this one.
-Love is Evol: Christopher Titus-