News: There is a new Ehell Kindness Project!  Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• May 03, 2016, 05:16:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Special Snowflake Stories  (Read 7633335 times)

MissRose

Re: Special Snowflake Stories
« Reply #34890 on: Yesterday at 06:17:02 AM »
I'd like to nominate a special snowflake on the telephone, and add that manners work wonders when there are problems.

We had a major power failure in the area a few weeks back. I found the power number, called the network and let them know, they confirmed what was going on and said that since they knew I was in they'd try to put an emergency fix in to our end of the street until they could fix the main fault. I thanked them profusely and went out for a bit. On the way I heard a neighbour a few houses away, outside on her mobile, having an appalling and loud go at the power company for not immediately restoring her power, including the line "Do you know who I am?" (to which I really hope the answer was 'No'). I got back thirty minutes later to find I had power back on, and a missed call saying they'd re-routed it to us.

Her house didn't get power until the afternoon. I can't help but think phone manner may have been involved.

I wish some of the customers I talk to that have a go at us when things are not restored super quick especially when services go down due to power outages or weather.  Trust us, we want stuff up like yesterday but we are not yelling at our techs or outside places like the power company as some things are restored quickly, other things are not especially if the issue is a complex one.  I did not yell at the power company the few times power got lost after some wind storms but I was tempted - it was a good thing there was an automated system to make reports instead of tying up a rep's time.