A Civil World. Off-topic discussions on a variety of topics. > Time For a Coffee Break!

Thread-Killing

(1/306) > >>

Lynn2000:
Anybody else ever feel like a thread-killer? Like, you post to a thread, maybe even just a small comment, and then NOBODY ELSE posts in that thread ever. Or at least, not for several days, when previously it seemed like new posts were appearing several times a day.

Paranoia? Lack of perspective? Lack of patience?

Posted somewhat in jest but also curiosity if anyone else has felt this way. Um, and if I AM doing something to kill threads for real... please let me know.

geordicat:
Oh yea.  I feel like I do that.  :)  You're not alone.

DangerMouth:
I think every newbie feels like that at one point or another. For a while, when I first came here, I was tempted to change my name to 'DangerMouth, Killer of Threads' ;D

audrey1962:
I always thought it was me...

ETA: I've also discovered what I will refer to as Audrey's Law: the longer you spend composing a reply, the greater the likelihood it will be a thread killer.

DangerMouth:

--- Quote from: audrey1962 on March 01, 2011, 06:20:57 PM ---I always thought it was me...

ETA: I've also discovered what I will refer to as Audrey's Law: the longer you spend composing a reply, the greater the likelihood it will be a thread killer.

--- End quote ---

Or worse, the thread's been locked :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version