Author Topic: Thread-Killing  (Read 71804 times)

Lynn2000

Re: Thread-Killing
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2011, 07:12:20 PM »
Uh-oh, my post was just eaten... Looks like the threads are fighting back!

I always picture the EHell community (because all the members except me live on the same cosmic plane of existence) reading my post and saying to each other, "The poor dear just doesn't get it, does she?" Then they all discreetly move away to another thread, hoping I will somehow get the hint... Hmm, don't mean to make everyone sound uncharitable! Apparently I have some kind of persecution complex.
~Lynn2000

lady_disdain

• Super Hero!
  • Paws for a smile
    • Contemporary Jewelry
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2011, 07:23:50 PM »
Hey! I saw that.

*snif*

FoxPaws

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2011, 07:45:14 PM »
My keyboard is bloodied with the remains of hundreds (okay, dozens) of threads. I thought it was just me.

8) This thread makes me feel like Jason Bourne when he realized he wasn't the only government issue killing machine out there. Do y'all get headaches?
I am so a lady. And if you say I'm not, I'll slug you. - Cindy Brady

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2011, 07:46:17 PM »
Pretty soon this thread  will be titled. " the thread that won't DIE"....LOL

I never thought of it being a thread killer and never noticed that!

Fluffy Cat

• Formerly MoretaTorene
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2011, 07:46:55 PM »
Pretty soon this thread  will be titled. " the thread that won't DIE"....LOL

No worries about that. I'm here!
"Its so fluffy I could DIE"

Elfmama

• Super Hero!
  • Is it Spring yet?
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2011, 08:11:20 PM »
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
I don't go crazy.  I AM crazy.  I sometimes go normal. 
Please make a note of this for future reference.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Yvaine

• Super Hero!
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2011, 08:14:19 PM »
I thought it was just me!  :D

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 08:22:46 PM »
I will also point out that threads slip down the "show unread messages" list when other threads become more active. Threads just don't get seen after a while if you use that method of accessing the site.

Didn't we have a poll a while back asking why people didn't post? ISTR lots of people saying they didn't post because someone had already said what they were saying. In which case everyone who feels that way, say fifty people, actually act as one poster. The first poster speaks for the other 49!

Luci45

• Super Hero!
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 08:59:59 PM »
No, no, no! I am the thread killer!

I feel a major accomplishment is a POD on my thoughts, and I went running out to tell DH that I had won the eHell prize one day - it had to do with chocolate. He wasn't surprised.

I sometimes wonder if I should post on some of the threads just to get rid of their showing up, like the ones with hundreds of pages that are repeating themselves. Start anew, life is good.

OK. This thread is done, now. Sorry about that.

Paper Roses

« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2011, 09:15:19 PM »
What's worse is when you start a thread and almost no one responds.  Especially if it's in "I Need A Hug."
No, you can't, because you wishpishabonnyfish.

Luci45

• Super Hero!
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2011, 09:26:13 PM »
What's worse is when you start a thread and almost no one responds.  Especially if it's in "I Need A Hug."

(((Hugs))) I agree! A few members are really sweet about it, though.

Some of the questions posted are such stumpers or so schocking that no one knows what to say.

think2x

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2011, 09:36:16 PM »
LOL- Yes, and it's really coincidental you mention it now, because I've been noticing it a lot lately. I'm going through an ehell identity crisis !  :P  And not infrequently, I'll bring up something, then later, someone else will mention it and everyone will go, 'oooh, right' (good point, other poster). And it doesn't escape me that some will throw in excited, capitalized, multiple exclamation point PODS!!! to those who disagree with me. And the coffee-break thread pointing out our stats showing just how much extra time I have on my hands! I'm on ehell paranoia overload. Oooo, (twitch, twitch)...is that my thorazine over there...

think2x

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2011, 09:37:15 PM »

I actually seek those out so the poster knows people care  :)

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2011, 09:39:07 PM »

I always picture the EHell community (because all the members except me live on the same cosmic plane of existence) reading my post and saying to each other, "The poor dear just doesn't get it, does she?" Then they all discreetly move away to another thread, hoping I will somehow get the hint... Hmm, don't mean to make everyone sound uncharitable! Apparently I have some kind of persecution complex.

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who imagines that. :D
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2011, 10:34:33 PM »
I will also point out that threads slip down the "show unread messages" list when other threads become more active. Threads just don't get seen after a while if you use that method of accessing the site.

Didn't we have a poll a while back asking why people didn't post? ISTR lots of people saying they didn't post because someone had already said what they were saying. In which case everyone who feels that way, say fifty people, actually act as one poster. The first poster speaks for the other 49!

I was thinking of exactly that, but i don't even remember the thread title or even the folder. I remember a lot of people - or at least a few - saying they would get a whole post written out, then go, "Meh," and delete it.

I love the "show unread messages" options; but that is a good point about them, too.

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem