Author Topic: Thread-Killing  (Read 82666 times)

Luci

• Super Hero!
Re: Thread-Killing
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2011, 03:58:57 PM »
On the other hand, we could continue this way for another 800 + pages to try to beat the baby name thread and others like it just to keep ourselves protected.

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2011, 04:01:57 PM »
Actually, I was just going to suggest that if anyone thinks they really are a thread killer, they could try it out on ...oh, say, the baby name thread?  >:D

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2011, 06:16:31 PM »
So a cross between the thread that refuses to die and last word in and tag you are it.

This will be fun...(sitting back eating popcorn)

demarco

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2011, 06:18:26 PM »
Anybody else ever feel like a thread-killer? Like, you post to a thread, maybe even just a small comment, and then NOBODY ELSE posts in that thread ever. Or at least, not for several days, when previously it seemed like new posts were appearing several times a day.

Paranoia? Lack of perspective? Lack of patience?

Yup.  I've thought about commissioning  a Tshirt that says, "Just call me the threadkiller" on it." 

Paranoia?  Probably.  Lack of perspective?  Definitely.  I'm guessing that if I looked up, say,  my last fifty posts,  there would be posts after the great majority of them which would seem to disprove my threadkiller status.  On the other hand,  there are always those threads that seem to be alive and kicking until I come along and drop in a few pearls of wisdom and then... oblivion. 

But ... if someone posted something jaw-droppingly stupid or hopelessly irrelevant, someone would point it out (politely), wouldn't they?  Huh? 

kitty-cat

« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2011, 06:32:34 PM »
Anybody else ever feel like a thread-killer? Like, you post to a thread, maybe even just a small comment, and then NOBODY ELSE posts in that thread ever. Or at least, not for several days, when previously it seemed like new posts were appearing several times a day.

Yup.  I've thought about commissioning  a Tshirt that says, "Just call me the threadkiller" on it." 

Paranoia?  Probably.  Lack of perspective?  Definitely.  I'm guessing that if I looked up, say,  my last fifty posts,  there would be posts after the great majority of them which would seem to disprove my threadkiller status.  On the other hand,  there are always those threads that seem to be alive and kicking until I come along and drop in a few pearls of wisdom and then... oblivion.  But ... if someone posted something jaw-droppingly stupid or hopelessly irrelevant, someone would point it out (politely), wouldn't they?  Huh? 

Welcome to the club. I've even killed my own threads ( I think anyways, I'm in my third year here... too many posts and threads to slog through.)

NE Florida

LeeLee88

« Reply #50 on: March 02, 2011, 06:36:21 PM »

Paranoia?  Probably.  Lack of perspective?  Definitely.  I'm guessing that if I looked up, say,  my last fifty posts,  there would be posts after the great majority of them which would seem to disprove my threadkiller status.  On the other hand,  there are always those threads that seem to be alive and kicking until I come along and drop in a few pearls of wisdom and then... oblivion.  But ... if someone posted something jaw-droppingly stupid or hopelessly irrelevant, someone would point it out (politely), wouldn't they?  Huh? 

Welcome to the club. I've even killed my own threads ( I think anyways, I'm in my third year here... too many posts and threads to slog through.)

Can I join?  Sometimes I'll post what I feel is a very thoughtful and kind response, the thread dies, and then I think, "Oh no, was I being a jerk?  Are they mad at me?  SOMEONE VALIDATE MY EXISTENCE!!!" 

Okay, maybe not that intense, but I do sometimes worry that I said something that's just so off-color, others are too aghast to even respond to the original point any further  ::)

Saro

« Reply #51 on: March 02, 2011, 06:40:28 PM »
All the time. :(

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2011, 06:46:26 PM »
Shall we talk about the 'thread derailer'? Or should that be a new thread? Or would that help this tread thrive?

It's up to the OP.

Fluffy Cat

• Formerly MoretaTorene
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2011, 06:56:23 PM »
Shall we talk about the 'thread derailer'? Or should that be a new thread? Or would that help this tread thrive?

It's up to the OP.

This post seems off-topic, could we get back on track?   ;D
"Its so fluffy I could DIE"

Corvid

• Etiquette Hell Thread Assassin Squad
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2011, 06:57:49 PM »
Maybe we should band together and form the Etiquette Hell Thread Assassin Squad!

I believe I am more than qualified, as evidenced by my murdering a number of threads on this very forum.

Do we get to wear black and carry stiletto knives up our sleeves?

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #55 on: March 02, 2011, 07:00:25 PM »
^Oh I hope so. :D

And masks. We definitely need masks.
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

hobish

• Super Hero!
  • Release the gelfling!
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2011, 07:01:18 PM »

It's up to the OP.

I like kittens!

It's alright, man. I'm only bleeding, man. Stay hungry, stay free, and do the best you can.
~Gaslight Anthem

Fluffy Cat

• Formerly MoretaTorene
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2011, 07:07:27 PM »
We need an objective, certified non-thread-killer to check back on this after a few weeks and see who made the last post.  Then we will elect that person leader of the Thread Assassin Squad.

They get to pick out the uniforms.
"Its so fluffy I could DIE"

amandaelizabeth

• Amanda's home based ece
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2011, 07:07:51 PM »
I thought it was because I live half way round the world, and that the thread had been commented to death before I saw it.  There never seems to be any one else posting when I do, except for the odd australian - and that can be read both ways- not even kazzaaaaaa.  The worst is locked threads, which I never seem to comment on because they are locked while I sleep.  Oh well yu can't have everything.

Saro

« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2011, 07:10:51 PM »
Do we get a secret handshake and everything?