Author Topic: Thread-Killing  (Read 80333 times)

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
Re: Thread-Killing
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2011, 09:12:33 PM »
Okay, at the risk of derailing further and thus killing the thread, here's a picture of his face to keep the nightmares at bay:

I only nominated him.  Anyone have a dog named Hades?  You might get more votes.  :D

I have a cat named Hades, and a cat named Loki. They're both black. And I totally murder threads.  :P
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

Fluffy Cat

• Formerly MoretaTorene
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2011, 09:14:07 PM »
You win!

I hereby withdraw Loki's nomination.  Don't worry, he's been asleep the whole time.
"Its so fluffy I could DIE"

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2011, 09:16:35 PM »
You win!

I hereby withdraw Loki's nomination.  Don't worry, he's been asleep the whole time.

Actually, none of my cats have blue eyes. I think your Loki may have the edge.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2011, 09:17:25 PM »
And I thougt I was the forum thread killer.

sometimes I feel like I am standing alone in an empty room, yelling HELLLLLLOOOOO????? I feel like my posts are invisible. I'll say something that gets ignored and some one else 2 pages later says the same.thing and everyones like "THAT"S THE GREATEST IDEA EVAH!!". I just want to go "I thought of it first!" but instead I just slink of and sing "no body likes me...everybody hates me...I think I'll eat some worms"

tell me someone else feels like that too...

ginlyn

just me then? okay then....

*Tiptoes out of thread*
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

Fluffy Cat

• Formerly MoretaTorene
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2011, 09:20:02 PM »

sometimes I feel like I am standing alone in an empty room, yelling HELLLLLLOOOOO????? I feel like my posts are invisible. I'll say something that gets ignored and some one else 2 pages later says the same.thing and everyones like "THAT"S THE GREATEST IDEA EVAH!!". I just want to go "I thought of it first!" but instead I just slink of and sing "no body likes me...everybody hates me...I think I'll eat some worms"

ginlyn

*Tiptoes out of thread*

It was the kitty derail. Hello Ginlyn!
"Its so fluffy I could DIE"

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2011, 09:26:19 PM »
Nope, ginlyn -- you were just dressed as a ninja.

Nobody saw you coming!

;D

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #96 on: March 02, 2011, 09:26:56 PM »

ginlyn

*Tiptoes out of thread*

It was the kitty derail. Hello Ginlyn!

I do apologize, Ginlyn. I have felt exactly like that. I was just distracted by the odd coincidence of my cats' names.
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

tnpenguinbaby

« Reply #97 on: March 02, 2011, 09:27:03 PM »
Don't you remember The Incredibles??  NO capes!!  But I do think we should all have 007 in our screen names  ;D

Giggity

• Super Hero!
« Reply #98 on: March 02, 2011, 10:00:42 PM »
I've always pictured the entire ehell community reeling in stunned silence at the silliness/irrelevance/whatever of my post.

It only seems like stunned silence. In reality, we're frenziedly PMing one another about you.  ;D
Words mean things.

DangerMouth

• Work as if you were in the early days of a better nation.
  • Super Hero!
  • Everybody Gets Ice Cream!
« Reply #99 on: March 02, 2011, 10:05:08 PM »
I've always pictured the entire ehell community reeling in stunned silence at the silliness/irrelevance/whatever of my post.

It only seems like stunned silence. In reality, we're frenziedly PMing one another about you.  ;D

Oh, *snert!*

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
« Reply #100 on: March 02, 2011, 10:07:04 PM »
ginlyn, that happens to me, too.

(this was going to be a very clever post restating exactly what you'd said and completely ignoring your post, but I realized there wasn't a really good way to make it clear it was a joke)

well I'm glad I'm not alone..

ginlyn
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

KimberlyRose

« Reply #101 on: March 02, 2011, 10:27:57 PM »

ginlyn

I feel like that too, sometimes.

Melxb

« Reply #102 on: March 02, 2011, 10:43:42 PM »
I one time went back to see where the threads were that I had posted in.  Yup--a couple were dead after I posted in them.  Ah well.  It won't stop me from posting. ;)

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #103 on: March 02, 2011, 11:02:30 PM »
ginlyn, that happens to me, too.

(this was going to be a very clever post restating exactly what you'd said and completely ignoring your post, but I realized there wasn't a really good way to make it clear it was a joke)

well I'm glad I'm not alone..

ginlyn

You threatened to leave! Please don't! We need you.

As for saying something and then someone else saying the same thing later and getting praised, I think it depends on who is online and how quickly they are skimming to catch up. I have decided to not be hurt but do a "na-na-na-na---I beat you and I am right!' dance and feel kind of vindicated and feeling sad that the later poster hadn't read so well, but understanding. Just like when someone misses one line in an OP and suggests something that the poster has already mentioned is not an option.

The worst thing I have done was when there was an issue and I had a response in about a 7 word sentence - very insightful and concise, of course. I had read the entire thread beforehand and didn't quite understand the sentence structure of a post; then after I posted, I realized that I had said exactly the same thing only in traditional clear English and the other poster was probably just beginning to use English.

I felt so awful, but didn't know how to make it better. I should PM and say, "Keep trying, honey. You'll figure it out."?  How condescending, even without the 'honey'. An apology wouldn't work because I would still sound condescending. I let it lay. I don't know if she ever came back again. I looked for a bit, but didn't see her again.

No derailing intended here, mascot searchers or Lynn2000.

PS. Does anyone ever feel really, really good when you run your post through Spell Check and get no suggestions except for our names?

Edited:After telling the story, I realize what I should have done, I think. I should have gone back, edited my post with an simple, "Oops! Sorry, [poster], I didn't mean to tromp on your post."
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:15:22 PM by Luci45 »

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #104 on: March 02, 2011, 11:13:29 PM »
No, I just feel like it's proper and only my due. ;) [Just kidding. :P ]

I've had comprehension problems before that I think were due to someone having English as a second/third/what have you language, but I don't really say anything because English is confusing as all get out, and I think everyone on here who doesn't have it as a first language speaks it better than many [not necessarily on here :P ] that do. ;D

That reminds me, too, I found out the other day that my Linguistics prof speaks 27 languages! :o And I don't mean just a few words and that's it...he's at least understandable if not fluent in them, I believe. Wow.

Anyway, this shall probably kill the thread, as I know likely no one cares about my Linguistics professor. :P
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho