Author Topic: Thread-Killing  (Read 88131 times)

Valentines Mommy

Re: Thread-Killing
« Reply #1365 on: January 18, 2013, 04:40:15 PM »
Nope, not dead. Thread is claiming super powers now.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #1366 on: January 20, 2013, 01:43:11 PM »
Thread can fly!  ;D

White Dragon

• Formerly St Monica
« Reply #1367 on: January 20, 2013, 03:33:22 PM »
I don't think I've killed a thread yet, but I've had my "screaming into the abyss" posts.

You know when you make a post that you think is cool, or funny, or really makes a contribution and the discussion just passes it by.  ???

It's probably just a function of my social insecurity, but I always find myself second-guessing myself when that happens. My logical side points out that conversations shift and flow, other things come up and so forth. My shy, insecure side is convinced I put my foot in it and people are being too nice to say anything. :)

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1368 on: January 21, 2013, 05:26:36 PM »
I don't think I've killed a thread yet, but I've had my "screaming into the abyss" posts.

You know when you make a post that you think is cool, or funny, or really makes a contribution and the discussion just passes it by.  ???

It's probably just a function of my social insecurity, but I always find myself second-guessing myself when that happens. My logical side points out that conversations shift and flow, other things come up and so forth. My shy, insecure side is convinced I put my foot in it and people are being too nice to say anything. :)

I do the same thing, but not that I put my foot in.  Instead I fear I've said something so moronic nobody can follow what I mean because it just hurts their brains so much.
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #1369 on: January 21, 2013, 11:55:59 PM »

I do the same thing, but not that I put my foot in.  Instead I fear I've said something so moronic nobody can follow what I mean because it just hurts their brains so much.

Me three!

Seraphia

• Unabashed cat person
« Reply #1370 on: February 01, 2013, 01:37:52 PM »

Me three!

I think it happens to everybody. I've posted information, then seen the same information again ten posts later, and people thanking the second poster. I'm sitting there going.....Did I post in invisible ink again?
Ancora Imparo - I am still learning

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1371 on: February 01, 2013, 04:39:08 PM »

Me three!

I think it happens to everybody. I've posted information, then seen the same information again ten posts later, and people thanking the second poster. I'm sitting there going.....Did I post in invisible ink again?

Both happen to me. The last really hurts my feelings sometimes. Silly, isn't it?

I often see that happening to others and think, "Hey! Didn't you read that so-and-so just said the same thing?" I have several times gone back and quoted both together just to straighten the record out.

I respect and read everyone's posts on some subject, by the way, so you an not just writing into the wind as far as I'm concerned.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #1372 on: February 01, 2013, 05:05:46 PM »
I'm beginning to think I smell bad or something.  ;D

Mental Magpie

• Super Hero!
  • ...for the dark side looks back.
« Reply #1373 on: February 01, 2013, 05:43:51 PM »
I'm beginning to think I smell bad or something.  ;D

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  I see what you did there!
The problem with choosing the lesser of two evils is that you're still choosing evil.

diesel_darlin

« Reply #1374 on: February 01, 2013, 05:46:24 PM »
 >:D

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #1375 on: February 05, 2013, 12:51:49 AM »
I'm currently trying to keep a colony of mosquitoes alive and since I kill half the things I touch, I've decided to try and kill this thread.

Luci

• Super Hero!
« Reply #1376 on: February 05, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »
Good luck with that - or not.

JennJenn68

« Reply #1377 on: February 14, 2013, 12:45:42 PM »
Happy Valentine's Day, Thread! 

mbbored

• Super Hero!
    • Budget Grad Student
« Reply #1378 on: February 16, 2013, 12:50:10 AM »

The bugs are dead so thread should be fine.

bloo

« Reply #1379 on: February 25, 2013, 03:50:00 PM »

The bugs are dead so thread should be fine.

;D

Maybe I can kill it! I kill all things green. It's possible...