Author Topic: Why are you friends with this guy?  (Read 7082 times)

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
Re: Why are you friends with this guy?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 07:12:36 PM »
Wow. I think Tracy's dodged a bullet there. The ex is gone and so is the fake friend, and hopefully karma will have a meeting with them soon.
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

mechtilde

• Super Hero!
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2011, 06:22:22 AM »
Ex has milked Tracey for everything she had, and now has a new source of cash lined up. How long he'll stick around depends on how long the OP is either able or willing to fund him.
NE England

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 12:54:18 AM »
I thought the ending to this story was very odd as well and all three sound like unusual characters.  I can see some things from the OP's point of view.  I can see why she is annoyed at not being paid back the bail money.  I can also see why she is frustrated that Tracy was venting about the huge mistake of getting married and then getting angry when the OP said she would be supportive if Tracy wanted a divorce.  Like everybody else, I was turned off when I read the end of the story.  The OP is gloating because she is friends with her ex and glad that he put Tracy in a financial bind.  While Tracy doesn't sound as if she is the world's most fantastic friend, she certainly didn't do anything horrible.

With a friend like the OP, who would need enemies?  To actually be happy that Tracy's creep of an ex husband left her and also left her his legal fees shows a lot about the OP's character. 

I think there's a huge backstory to this and that, frankly, the writer has hated Tracy for a long time.

Petticoats

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2011, 10:06:08 PM »
This story just doesn't ring true.

Was it posted in the "tacky" section?  Why would the writer post it there? The only thing tacky in the story is the writer's behavior and attitude.

The bolded was my thought exactly. I will remain skeptical until I get all the details of the Titanic-themed wedding dre--oh, wait, that was another story. ;)

TootsNYC

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2011, 08:29:17 PM »
What I want to know is, who has the $500?

Because that was bail, right? And Nicky showed up the second time, so the court paid back whoever it was?

Or did Nicky blow of THAT court date too (since he blew the first court date and thereby forfeited the first bail, "wiping them [Tracy & Nicky] out financially"), and so then why wouldn't the OP be furious with him, because otherwise she WOULD have been paid back.

aventurine

• Super Hero!
  • Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2011, 09:18:32 PM »
Was it posted in the "tacky" section?  Why would the writer post it there? The only thing tacky in the story is the writer's behavior and attitude.

I'd always assumed it was there because of the writer's behavior and attitude.

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2011, 01:02:50 AM »
What I want to know is, who has the $500?

Because that was bail, right? And Nicky showed up the second time, so the court paid back whoever it was?

Or did Nicky blow of THAT court date too (since he blew the first court date and thereby forfeited the first bail, "wiping them [Tracy & Nicky] out financially"), and so then why wouldn't the OP be furious with him, because otherwise she WOULD have been paid back.

While I've never actually had to arrange bail for anyone, my understanding is that there's a 10% or so fee associated with bail bonding. So, perhaps Nicky actually had a $5000 bond, but they were on the hook for $500. That wouldn't be refundable, even if he showed up for all his court dates.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."