Author Topic: un-approved comment to main site  (Read 1363 times)

NotCinderell

un-approved comment to main site
« on: March 07, 2011, 04:32:50 PM »
This morning, I made a comment about the post on the main site blog.  It was concerning the entry where the woman treated a native Hawaiian guy like he must be a servant and should carry her suitcase at a rental car company when, in fact, he was dropping off a rental car, same as she was.

I made a comment that it appears that her interesting assumption may have been racially motivated.  It was not approved.  Another comment that said, effectively, the exact same thing was approved.

What gives?

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
Re: un-approved comment to main site
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2011, 03:09:44 AM »
The post was updated to say:
Addendum:  Donít bother submitting comments that rant about the snooty womanís alleged racism.  I will not be approving them.

I'm assuming the other comment made it through either because it had other points as well, or because of a mistake.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

NotCinderell

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2011, 07:12:07 AM »
The post was updated to say:
Addendum:  Donít bother submitting comments that rant about the snooty womanís alleged racism.  I will not be approving them.

I'm assuming the other comment made it through either because it had other points as well, or because of a mistake.
Nope.  Read comment #6.  I'm not sure why this wasn't approved, but apparently it's not etiquette-approved to call a rude person racist.

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2011, 07:35:58 AM »
I think the question should probably more correctly by why comment #6 was approved considering the addendum, because no - it is not etiquette-approved to call a rude person racist. It's etiquette-approved (I assume) to call a racist person racist, but as far as I can see, there's no proof of that here.

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

think2x

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2011, 10:43:41 AM »
I just read the entry, and there is an addendum added which states:

Addendum:  Donít bother submitting comments that rant about the snooty womanís alleged racism.  I will not be approving them.  The OP makes the case that her husband is part Hawaiian and therefore could be presumed to be  ďa localĒ and we have no idea what the race of the snooty woman was.   Since the OP doesnít include that she herself is of the same racial heritage as her husband, it would appear that snooty womanís behavior of looking right through her as if she did not exist in order that her terse demand took precedent indicates this was pure selfish entitlement.

On reading the story, my thought was that the woman assumed the husband was a porter, and she, as the commenter said, interrupted the couple to have her bags carried and couldn't wait for the transaction to be complete. Double whammy in the rudeness dept. (I wasn't thinking racism- they were in Hawaii; he was Hawaiian. )