Author Topic: Sad when basic courtesy is unexpected  (Read 1812 times)

mountaineer

Sad when basic courtesy is unexpected
« on: June 27, 2007, 10:25:36 PM »
Today at work a fellow employee was giving a tour/lecture.  Meanwhile, a customer was trying to politely disengage herself from a conversation with another customer while the baby on her back was screaming and her toddler was running up and down the ramp to the factory observation deck while yelling his little head off.  The woman quickly collected her child, walked up to me and said,

"Please apologize to the tour guide on my behalf for my screaming kids.  We need to leave right now."

I thanked her for being thoughtful and assured her I would let him know.  Doesn't seem like a big deal, but when you have to shout over screaming children all day while giving tours, this was a breath of fresh air.

aeeden

Re: Sad when basic courtesy is unexpected
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 04:03:16 PM »
too bad more parents are like that...

glendaledebby

Re: Sad when basic courtesy is unexpected
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 04:14:55 PM »
We do need more parents like that!  I suggest that when you see children that are well behaved and their parents are with them go up the the parents and compliment them on a job well done.  My hubby and have done that when we see well behaved children in a restaurant.  Boy do the parents glow with pride when we tell them how well behaved their child(ren) is and they have done a great job!