Author Topic: A GOOD Airline tale... (Gross bits whited out)  (Read 1543 times)

Oxymoroness

• I have a PhD in Crazy Math
    • Wrightbrain Design
A GOOD Airline tale... (Gross bits whited out)
« on: March 11, 2011, 12:36:37 AM »
So I'm in California right now on a business trip. One of those whirlwind deals that while I can say I was in California, I couldn't actually say that I got to see it or experience it.

All was going as well as this could be expected on this crazy trip (I've had nothing but trouble from the beginning) and the icing on the cake came tonight when I'm 1/2 through.... I got sick.

(As in projectile vomiting multiple times sick ... really, unexpectedly sick.)

Worse, I was waiting for a flight that would have a layover. Kind of silly really, it was from San Fransisco to LA, but there was a layover in Salt Lake City. One of those situations where I had to play with both a tight timeline AND a tight budget.

So I alerted the crew at the desk that someone really ought to change out the trashcan bag (thankfully I made it both times). And did they have any spares?

Both people jumped into action and both they and another kind soul provided me with some emergency supplies.

I looked like I'd just been seriously beaten up. Aside from being sick, I'd been running around San Francisco all day with a 50lb bag. My feet were/are blistered, and I had to skip lunch because of time and dinner... well... So I looked terrible.

The super nice lady at the desk then started looking up my itinerary. I figured I'd just tough it out. I planned it, so I wasn't going to make it her problem. But she chose to make it her problem, and switched me to an earlier direct flight. So I'm actually going to get a decent night's sleep tonight.

Better still, the unfortunate couple who ended up sitting next to me were super nice. I shrunk into my corner and made a point to breathe as far away from them as humanly possible, and they showed no disgust (even if they felt it) and were very compassionate to me.

There are nice people out there, and some of them are even at the airport!  ;D

BTW: I'm actually feeling much better now, and I think I'll be able to carry on tomorrow. I might even risk eating a light breakfast. :)

Íkorna

Re: A GOOD Airline tale... (Gross bits whited out)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 11:51:24 AM »
Aw, I'm sorry to hear that you were sick but it's awesome that you were surrounded by caring people. Far too often you hear about the other end of the spectrum.

Wonderflonium

• DO NOT BOUNCE
  • Super Hero!
  • I have a PhD in horribleness.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 02:45:36 PM »
That's awesome! Please consider writing to the airline and giving out compliments.  :)
The status is not quo!

Oxymoroness

• I have a PhD in Crazy Math
    • Wrightbrain Design
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 03:14:14 PM »
Thanks all! I can't tell you how happy I was to make it home in one piece.

And I did fill out the satisfaction survey and in the comments section told my story and asked them if they could give those gate attendents a raise.  ;D