Author Topic: Beaded Angels  (Read 1580 times)

saltandlime

Beaded Angels
« on: March 11, 2011, 05:15:55 PM »
My SO had surgery last year. His brother and SIL drove us to the hospital at around 6am and they left shortly thereafter. My family doesn't live near me and my SO. I was alone sitting, waiting and worrying in the waiting room, I stayed from 6am to about 8pm when they finally placed him a room.

While I was in the waiting room for hours I noticed a family sitting at a table. They had a relative that was undergoing surgery too. I smiled at one lady and she smiled back. I noticed they were making something crafty on a round table. They were making small beaded angels with pearls and silver and gold beads. I wasn't sure if they were for necklaces,pins or some kind of jewelry.

The family held hands and started praying in a circle for their loved one. Coming from a religious background that touched me. I asked the woman that smiled at me if she was selling one of these angels. She said "Oh, no. But you can have one." I said "Are you sure?" She said "I would love to" and she then handed me two angels. I thanked her profusely and went back to my seat.

Later that day I saw the family a few more times and we smiled and asked how each others relatives were. Both patients were doing great! My SO's surgery went without a hitch! I am not sure if a guardian angel was looking over him that day but I definitely know that after that family showed me kindness I felt less alone and scared. They made me feel comforted and were so very kind. Wherever they are I wish them true blessings <3

PS. I gave one angel to my future MIL and I keep the other one in my wallet and take it with me everywhere :)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Beaded Angels
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 01:58:05 PM »
How lovely!

I'm a crafter, too, so when my Dad was having surgery a couple of weeks ago, I was making hats out of eyelash yarn that I then donated to the chemotherapy area for anyone who needed a hat.  Keeping my hands and mind busy helped a lot while I was waiting!

I'm sure she appreciated being able to give you a little bit of comfort.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

saltandlime

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 03:56:08 PM »
How lovely!

I'm a crafter, too, so when my Dad was having surgery a couple of weeks ago, I was making hats out of eyelash yarn that I then donated to the chemotherapy area for anyone who needed a hat.  Keeping my hands and mind busy helped a lot while I was waiting!

I'm sure she appreciated being able to give you a little bit of comfort.

Thank you! It is very beautiful that you use your crafting talents to help others!
Best wishes to you!

Silversurfer

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2011, 02:11:15 AM »
That is a really touching story!