Author Topic: Got a stand mixer - now what?!  (Read 2666 times)

kkl123

Re: Got a stand mixer - now what?!
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 05:52:45 PM »

Oh, and I made them with pasteurized eggs,

Did you know you can make your own at home?  They won't work in every egg recipe, but in many.  Shirley Corriher's book Cookwise goes into the details.

Bethalize

• Toxic People Survival Checklist
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 06:54:27 PM »
Ok, forgive this stupid question!  But, I got a KitchenAid stand mixer for Christmas.  I've wanted one forever, and I'm so excited to finally have one.  It's gorgeous - red, just what I wanted!

But, the thing is, I don't know what to do with it!  I need some recipes that would use one.  Help me learn how to use it.

Any recipe that involves beating or whisking - batter for pancakes or crepes, cakes, merengues! Do you have a dough hook? Takes the work out of kneading. I'm a kenwood chef user myself, but the principle is the same.

ginlyn32

• Super Hero!
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2007, 09:01:12 PM »
Ok, forgive this stupid question!  But, I got a KitchenAid stand mixer for Christmas.  I've wanted one forever, and I'm so excited to finally have one.  It's gorgeous - red, just what I wanted!

But, the thing is, I don't know what to do with it!  I need some recipes that would use one.  Help me learn how to use it.

DId you keep your recipe book that came with your mixer? I have one and I got a booklet that had all sorts of recipes. Breads, cakes...all sorts of stuff! You can also search online to their website and they may have some recipes.

I use mine for cookies and cakes. Can't bake bread.  I also use it if I am mixing up some whipped cream or meringue. You can also buy attachments (but you knew that)!!

Ginger
Don't Tread On Me!!!!!

Rei-chan

• It's been awhile, but it's good to be back!
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 09:07:34 PM »
Dottyg, try

allrecipes.com/Recipes/Main.aspx

I find that it is a great resource for me, as I don't cook much but am trying to be better about it!

Have fun with the new toy!!!   ;D