Author Topic: My hero!  (Read 1178 times)

IndianInlaw

• Super Hero!
My hero!
« on: June 28, 2007, 12:51:01 PM »
My mother had an air conditioner sitting in the middle of her living room.  My son and I were going to install it.  Unfortunately, there was a piece of it missing.  The part that supports it in the window frame.  It sort of slumped out the window.

Let the record show, that my son was unable to help me as he had an unfortunate incident with Nephew's dog.  (Long story)

Well, I decided to find a board to prop it up outside.  My mother's husband is a carpenter, but he's in the hospital and his workshop is in another town.

I asked my mom if there were any boards here.  She told me where I could find a small amount of 2x4's  Woefully short pieces.

It occurred to me that I could piece together several short boards, if I could find a hammer...and nails.

So there I was trying to figure out which short boards could be put together, when Mom's next door neighbor came over.  He said "Would I be rude if I asked you a question?".

I said "Go right ahead".

He asked if I needed help.

I sure did!

So he got his measuring tape, measured it and went home and cut a board to the correct size.  He used a couple other boards as supports and got the thing done in no time!

He even apologized for pinching my finger between the boards.  I assured him "It's insured!" ;)

I thanked him profusely.