Author Topic: da[color=black]ting[/color] Situation  (Read 5656 times)

kayesse

da[color=black]ting[/color] Situation
« on: April 10, 2011, 08:23:37 AM »
Thanks so much for this phrase!

I have been single for a while and live by myself. I have been online dating as a way to meet people with similar interests. I've found that not everyone's agenda is clearly stated and I've only recently gotten to the point where I'm clear about what I am and am not comfortable with.
While chatting to a guy online who I'd not yet met in real life, I'd made my boundaries pretty clear. He either didn't understand or chose not to understand as he kept on insisting on wanting my address to come over to 'cuddle' at 9.30pm. From a safety point of view that's not something I'm comfortable with. I then asked him why I would want to do that. Suddenly he wasn't so chatty.

Just wanted to say thankyou for the phrase which allowed me to clearly set my boundaries without having to be rude or confrontational to do so. And hope I used it correctly.

Ceiling Fan

Re: da[color=black]ting[/color] Situation
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 11:10:52 PM »
Sounds perfect! :)

BeagleMommy

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 12:51:58 PM »
Okay, that creeped me out a bit.  Did this guy really think that a young woman whom he had not met face to face would let someone over to "cuddle"?!  :o  You did the right thing.

Raintree

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 11:50:37 PM »
Okay, that creeped me out a bit.  Did this guy really think that a young woman whom he had not met face to face would let someone over to "cuddle"?!  :o  You did the right thing.

Me too. Yuck!! I don't "cuddle" with anyone until I've established that kind of closeness.

I am glad your response worked, but mine would have been to ignore and never respond to that person again.

jmarvellous

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 12:21:00 AM »

In several bouts of online dating and general social networking, I'd say I've had a similar request a dozen times. Ranging from "come over and watch a movie and cuddle" at 5 or 6 in the afternoon to "meet me in a parking lot and ..." at midnight, but they're more or less the same thing to me when I haven't yet met a person! I see any such request as an end to any courteousness on my part and most likely an abrupt end to any communication.

Kayesse, you have my utmost sympathy. Don't let a few bad apples spoil the whole bunch for you!