Author Topic: I ate it, and it was delicious!  (Read 2051 times)

McCutieBelle

Re: I ate it, and it was delicious!
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2011, 11:23:48 AM »
Ate it when I lived in London. So delish
"Life's like an hour glass glued to the table and no one can find the rewind button boy. So cradle your head in your hands and breathe"

irish1

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2011, 04:35:20 PM »
Yum. Pudding in the UK is often a baked spongy thing. But it's also a general term for dessert sometimes, I think. (a slightly old-fashioned one)

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2011, 04:53:35 PM »
I got it at World Market (formerly Pier One)

Off-topic, but as far as I'm aware, those are still two separate stores. There are 2 Pier Ones in my area, as well as a Cost Plus World Market.

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 11:51:01 AM »
I got it at World Market (formerly Pier One)

Off-topic, but as far as I'm aware, those are still two separate stores. There are 2 Pier Ones in my area, as well as a Cost Plus World Market.

I misspoke. World Market/Cost Plus are the twins. Pier One is a separate entity.
Using a chainsaw is as close as we come to having a lightsaber in this life.

fires_long_ago

• I guess I will tell you some things.
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2011, 04:22:54 PM »
I don't remember ever seeing it in a US grocery store ... but i would proabaly be looking in the wrong section, anyway. Heavy gingerbread custard sounds delicious.

You're in the NJ/PA area, right? Maybe try Genuardi's - our local one carries it in the "ethnic food" section.

Xallanthia

• Super Hero!
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2011, 01:09:42 PM »
It's super easy to make...  the only things that weren't normal kitchen things, that I needed, were lard (got from a butcher) and cheesecloth (which to some people is a normal thing).  in my case it was that my best friend owns a copy of Lobscouse and Spotted Dog, based on the Master & Commander series of books; Jack Aubrey is very fond of his pudding.  And, Spotted D*ck or Dog are the same thing; both D words are from the word "Dough."  I've also made the similar (and even more appallingly named) Boiled Baby (or Drowned Baby).

Clara Bow

• Super Hero!
  • I gotta go.
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2011, 08:53:29 AM »
I am nowhere near adult enough to comment in this thread....my mind is racing with vulgarities like that of a twelve year old boy confronted with that can of...well...never mind.
I have finally found the bar I can't get thrown out of....

Zilla

• Super Hero!
    • Cooking
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2011, 09:23:59 AM »
I am nowhere near adult enough to comment in this thread....my mind is racing with vulgarities like that of a twelve year old boy confronted with that can of...well...never mind.

I would find a 12  year old boy and present it to him  just to film his reaction.  Priceless.  ;D

Larrabee

« Reply #23 on: March 27, 2011, 06:35:41 PM »
Yum. Pudding in the UK is often a baked spongy thing. But it's also a general term for dessert sometimes, I think. (a slightly old-fashioned one)

Or a very nothern one!  A three course meal around here would be starters, then mains, then pudding/sweet/afters depending on which town your parents are from, hardly anybody refers to it as dessert!

Spotted wingadingdingy is great, but not from a tin!  Have you tried bread and butter pudding?

MrsO

• Super Hero!
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 08:41:09 PM »

Or a very nothern one!  A three course meal around here would be starters, then mains, then pudding/sweet/afters depending on which town your parents are from, hardly anybody refers to it as dessert!

Spotted wingadingdingy is great, but not from a tin!  Have you tried bread and butter pudding?
Yup, Northerner here, it's always pudding or afters in our house.

Also, LOL at spotted wingadingdingy. ;D

Larrabee

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2011, 08:47:48 PM »

I didn't even spot that!  Silly filter!

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 10:08:07 AM »

Re the berry custard.  It sounds great!
I just recently ate one of those geoduck (gooeyduck) clams. They ain't purty and I think the appearance (the chef, who is a casual friend because we always go to his restaurant, showed it to us prior to cooking it), affected how it tasted to me.  Let's just say I'm not going to go geoduck hunting anytime soon.  He wasn't being 'blue' showing it to us, even though we all did get a laugh out of it.  He always cooks us weird stuff and shows it to us prior sometimes.  Chicken's feet, anyone?  (I don't like those either, but my dh loves them!)
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 12:48:20 AM »

I didn't even spot that!  Silly filter!

I see what you did there. ;)

Ms_Shell

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 12:52:15 AM »

I've had bread pudding and love it, is bread and butter pudding much different? 
"I've never been a millionaire, but I just know I'd be darling at it." - Dorothy Parker