Author Topic: The filter's gone nutty  (Read 6317 times)

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Re: The filter's gone nutty
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2011, 07:05:12 PM »
Maybe the etiquette violations have been so jaw-dropping egregious lately, the filter decided people needed to say that instead of resorting to "holy carp!" ;) LOL
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho

MariaE

• So many books, so little time
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2011, 06:36:35 PM »
Could the filter please be changed to handle po.ly the same way as 'relationship' and 'dating'? It's disconcerting to see the word 'censored' like that.

(An aside, I'm glad 'lesbian' has been changed recently too!)

Dane by birth, Kiwi by choice

Ehelldame

• Administrator
  • I'm evil personified to the terminally crass.
    • Etiquette Hell
« Reply #47 on: March 28, 2011, 10:23:56 AM »
Could the filter please be changed to handle po.ly the same way as 'relationship' and 'dating'? It's disconcerting to see the word 'censored' like that.

I'm afraid that is not possible.  The jury is still out as to the effectiveness of the change to the filter to continue to keep certain advertising from appearing on the site.  I spent a considerable amount of time blocking grossly outrageous and vulgar ads that were generated by certain words and if those ads appear again, the filter is going right back to blocking those words. 

Second, the forum rules state that this is not a site for the discussion of sexual etiquette and many here really do not want to know the details of people's sex lives or their politics so words related to those topics tend to be filtered. 

Brentwood

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2011, 12:50:50 AM »

I'm afraid that is not possible.  The jury is still out as to the effectiveness of the change to the filter to continue to keep certain advertising from appearing on the site.  I spent a considerable amount of time blocking grossly outrageous and vulgar ads that were generated by certain words and if those ads appear again, the filter is going right back to blocking those words. 

Second, the forum rules state that this is not a site for the discussion of sexual etiquette and many here really do not want to know the details of people's sex lives or their politics so words related to those topics tend to be filtered. 

True, but I once had the "p" word filtered out when I was talking about a certain fabric blend. Confused me at first, 'cause I just couldn't figure out why.