Author Topic: Posting for Updates  (Read 14213 times)

cass2591

• Global Moderator
Re: Posting for Updates
« Reply #45 on: April 26, 2011, 09:43:02 PM »
Ceiling Fan, the snark was uncalled for.

There is no pie in Nighthawks, which is why it's such a desolate image. ~ Happy Stomach

I am an old man and have known a great many troubles, but most of them never happened. ~ Mark Twain

Adopting a pet won't change the world, but it will change the world for that pet.

ShadesOfGrey

• Super Hero!
Re: Posting for Updates
« Reply #46 on: April 26, 2011, 09:50:42 PM »
I really don't understand why so many people are making excuses not to use features in place.  The people who designed the forum software created the "notify" button just so people don't need to spam a thread with posting for updates. Can you imagine if everyone who followed a thread made a "posting for updates" post? 

It's really easy to use.  Just click notify and, when you check in on EHell, go to your notifications page (which is just one extra step more than checking for new updates).  Click "new" to see any new posts in a thread.  Ta da, you're keeping up with a thread without spamming. 

(Also, you can adjust your personal settings so that the site doesn't email you.  The only time I receive email from EHell is when someone sends me a PM, which is the setting I selected.)

Hot_shaker, this post sounds quite condescending. I'm sure you didnt mean it that way, but it really makes you sound like you want to control how others use the board.  I dont think that's appropriate at all.
Words mean more than what is set down on paper. It takes the human voice to infuse them with shades of deeper meaning. - Maya Angelou

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel. - Maya Angelou