Etiquette School is in session! > "Why would I want to do that?"

Used This Exact Phrase!

<< < (6/6)

The Wild One, Forever:

--- Quote from: diesel_darlin on November 15, 2011, 10:12:10 PM ---I've always had mid-back to waist length poofy curly hair. Recently, my Mama lost her hair due to chemotherapy. I told her that when her hair went, mine would too. I got it cut to about 6 inches long. I was convinced I was going to be a walking q-tip because my hair is usually so frizzy. This has been the best. Haircut. Ever. It just curls so pretty and takes little maintenance. I still may try the lotion thing though.  ;D

--- End quote ---

I am thinking of getting mine cut, too, but have also been worried about the q-tip thing.    ;)  It's been many years since my hair was short; I have been growing it out, with minimal trims, for almost nine years now, but usually wear it up, or back.  It's just not working for me anymore, and it's pretty useless having long hair when it's never worn down, anyway.  Your story gives me hope! 

diesel_darlin:
Good luck! I was the same way with my hair. Buns or ponytail. That's it. I kept a headache cuz of all that hair knotted up on my head. I kinda miss pulling it back, but I've started using the Goody® elastic headbands to keep it out of my eyes.  8)

Roe:

--- Quote from: diesel_darlin on November 26, 2011, 12:43:22 PM ---Good luck! I was the same way with my hair. Buns or ponytail. That's it. I kept a headache cuz of all that hair knotted up on my head. I kinda miss pulling it back, but I've started using the Goody® elastic headbands to keep it out of my eyes.  8)

--- End quote ---

I'm thinking of the pretty curly hair on the redhead from Dazed and Confused.  Her hair was just too cool.  Love the curls. 

My hair curls but not tightly.  It's more loose curls so I just straighten it.  If I fall asleep with my hair wet, I wake up looking like Mufasa! ;)  Lots of crazy curls. 

diesel_darlin:

--- Quote from: Roe on January 28, 2012, 01:42:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: diesel_darlin on November 26, 2011, 12:43:22 PM ---Good luck! I was the same way with my hair. Buns or ponytail. That's it. I kept a headache cuz of all that hair knotted up on my head. I kinda miss pulling it back, but I've started using the Goody® elastic headbands to keep it out of my eyes.  8)

--- End quote ---

I'm thinking of the pretty curly hair on the redhead from Dazed and Confused.  Her hair was just too cool.  Love the curls. 

My hair curls but not tightly.  It's more loose curls so I just straighten it.  If I fall asleep with my hair wet, I wake up looking like Mufasa! ;)  Lots of crazy curls.

--- End quote ---

Mufasa! LOL! I wake up looking like Albert Einstein with curly hair. If I go to sleep with wet hair I have to re wet it in the morning or walk out the door looking like I have stuck my finger in a light socket.  ;D

norrina:
I recently discovered that I have curls after years of thinking I had slight waves with a lot of frizz. I'm still learning how to manage the curl, so I don't love it as much as I thought I would all my childhood years of wishing I had inherited my mother's curls. That being said though, I do appreciate the curls as part of who I am, and therefore only straighten my hair on rare occasion. I was actually very pleased that when I went to a new stylist the other day if I preferred her to style my hair straight or curly after the cut. I felt like she really cared about me as an individual, and not just another cookie-cutter appointment.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version