Etiquette School is in session! > "Why would I want to do that?"

Used This Exact Phrase!

<< < (2/6) > >>

gramma dishes:
I not only have straight hair, but it's also thin.  (Not due to age; it's always been that way.)
I can't even BEGIN to tell you how incredibly envious I am of those of you who have curls!!!  I'd have signed away my firstborn for curly hair!

The Wild One, Forever:
LOL, many of the women in my family are envious of my curls.  My grandma was famous for always remarking that she wished she had my hair, and my mama is the same way.  Obviously, I got it from my daddy's side, and a lot of my cousins on that side have the curly hair, too.  My son has straight hair, like his daddy, but it has a lot of body, and he gets bead-head.  When he was younger and his hair was shorter, I had to keep a spray bottle of water in the bathroom to tame his bead-head in the mornings before school.  He has been wearing it a lot longer for a couple years now, so it doesn't stick up as much when he gets out of bed.

Outdoor Girl:
I HATED my curly hair when I was younger.  Of course, that might have had something to do with the Shirley Temple ringlets my mother put me in.

Now?  I get up, shower, comb out my hair with a large toothed comb and head out the door.  Couldn't tell you the last time I used a blow dryer.

The Wild One, Forever:
Outdoor Girl, that right there, just as you describe, is the extent my morning hair care routine.  I tried using a blowdryer a few weeks ago, just to see how it would look, but it just made it frizz, (even with putting extra product in my hair.) 

irish1:
I can't blow dry mine either! I tie it up when it's wet, which stops it from frizzing. Back when I blowdried it it would stand out about 3 inches from my head on both sides! Of course, since it's long, it takes a while to dry, so I get people telling me I have to blow dry it or I'll get sick...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version