Etiquette School is in session! > The Ehell Guide to Never Behaving Badly

Grocery Store Etiquette

(1/25) > >>

TexasRanger:
1. Please don't allow your offspring to run around unsupervised. We are not a daycare and this is not a playground. Your "darling" good seriously hurt someone who has balance/mobility issues (seniors, people on crutches, etc.).
2. If you decide you don't want something, please either put it back where you got it or give it the cashier. Don't just leave it wherever you happen to be, ie: chips in with the cans, toys crammed into bins, etc. This goes doubly for frozen/perishable items. Finding bags of frozen whatever that have thawed and leaked is not enjoyable, plus it causes the store to loose money.
3. Don't eat something you haven't paid for, this is really important when the item is priced per pound. Also it sucks having to clean up a bunch of crackers/chips/cookies that have fallen out of the open bag you didn't warn us about. Also, eating a donut, cookie, fruit or veggie before you pay is not cool. How am I supposed to know your telling the truth and you didn't eat more?
4. When you are checking out, don't put all your items on the belt and leave your cart behind you as you pay and get all upset about how long it takes us to put the stuff back in. ::) It would go faster if you pushed the cart down to us.
5. Do not snap your fingers at us, this is not Victorian England and we are not the hired help. 
6. The cart is not a trash can, please remove your trash.

TeamBhakta:

--- Quote from: TexasRanger on March 24, 2011, 01:27:16 PM ---1. Please don't allow your offspring to run around unsupervised. We are not a daycare and this is not a playground. Your "darling" good seriously hurt someone who has balance/mobility issues (seniors, people on crutches, etc.).

--- End quote ---

It's not a playground ? But the mom on the Mirena commercial told me it was  ???

Erich L-ster:

--- Quote from: TeamBhakta on March 24, 2011, 01:29:46 PM ---

It's not a playground ? But the mom on the Mirena commercial told me it was  ???

--- End quote ---
she is a filthy liar and should have gotton mirena sooner because she has more kids than she can keep in line.

on another board there was a discussion on who should put the divider (on the counter/belt) down. some say the person in front some say the person who comes behind. i think the person behind should put it down and i do if i'm the one behind.

Poirot:

--- Quote from: Erich L-ster on March 24, 2011, 02:43:53 PM ---
--- Quote from: TeamBhakta on March 24, 2011, 01:29:46 PM ---

--- End quote ---
she is a filthy liar and should have gotton mirena sooner because she has more kids than she can keep in line.

on another board there was a discussion on who should put the divider (on the counter/belt) down. some say the person in front some say the person who comes behind. i think the person behind should put it down and i do if i'm the one behind.

--- End quote ---

I use it to smack the kid from the Mirena commercial.  ;)

camlan:

--- Quote from: Erich L-ster on March 24, 2011, 02:43:53 PM ---

--- End quote ---

In my store, usually the person behind can't reach the divider until the person in front has completed their purchase and is moving away from the end of the lane.

For me, the person who can easily reach the divider to put it on the belt should do so. It's to the advantage of both people that their orders not get mixed up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version