News: IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING SITE IN FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT FOLDER.

• May 22, 2018, 01:54:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Unusual punishment for a thief - WWYD?  (Read 6504 times)

JustCallMePat

Re: Unusual punishment for a thief - WWYD?
« Reply #30 on: March 30, 2011, 06:04:30 PM »
I'll vote for leaving the video up.  I'd also vote for public removal of his hands, but that's probably not going to happen...  ::)

Has it gone viral yet?  (Hope, hope hope...)

Iris

« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2011, 01:36:03 AM »
he kinda reminds me of this guy:  http://gothamist.com/2011/03/06/man_who_punched_snooki_cant_find_jo.php

I cant help but laugh.  Bed. Made. Lie.

Wow, I'm totally surprised that the Army even took him.  The military isn't hurting for recruits at all in this economy.

OT, but this was in Australia. Our economy is doing OK and the armed forces are definitely hurting for recruits.
"Can't do anything with children, can you?" the woman said.

Poirot thought you could, but forebore to say so.

Twik

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »
I'll vote for leaving the video up.  I'd also vote for public removal of his hands, but that's probably not going to happen...  ::)

Maybe just that finger he seems to use so much?  >:D
"The sky's the limit. Your sky. Your limit. Now, let's dance!"

gramma dishes

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2011, 10:13:04 AM »
Maybe just that finger he seems to use so much?  >:D

But then how will he pick his nose?

StressedGroom

• Mr. Goblue2539
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2011, 10:31:51 AM »
I loved his statement "I was being a dumbdonkey for thinking I could get away with something like this."

Not I was a dumbdonkey for doing it, I was a dumbdonkey for thinking I could get away with it.

aventurine

• Mean, but agreeable
« Reply #35 on: April 07, 2011, 02:26:46 AM »
I'm actually torn.  I mean, I enjoy schadenfreude as much as the next person, and StickyFingers did indeed make his own bed. 

I'd let him squirm for a little bit, and then take it down when I felt like I'd gotten my own back. 

"A child of five could understand this.  Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Groucho Marx

Eisa

• Thread Killer Extraordinaire
« Reply #36 on: April 07, 2011, 03:05:03 AM »
I'm torn, too. Because yes--bed made lie, and certainly the video's darn good evidence that yes, the guy DID steal the laptop.

On the other hand, I think that it also will cross the line into vengeance soon, and...I don't know, I'm not really all that ok with revenge and stuff. The guy was a dumb you-know-what. His apology sucked. But he got mega-caught, and I presume the guy got his laptop back. The thief will lose his jobs, have a difficult time finding a new one. I don't see how leaving the youtube video up after much longer really does anything for the guy who lost it in the first place except the revenge aspect.
"And neither the angels in heaven above, nor the demons down under the sea can ever dissever my soul from the soul of the beautiful Annabel Lee"
Idaho