Author Topic: Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread  (Read 665 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread
« on: March 28, 2011, 10:16:08 AM »
I talked about this in another thread that I haven't yet found so I'll post the recipe here and I'll post it again if I can find the thread!   :)

1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup corn starch
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (I used salted butter and left out the salt)
3/4 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
icing sugar for dusting (optional) (I didn't bother)

Preheat oven to 300F.  Line a 9" X 13" baking pan with parchment paper so that it overhangs ends for easy removal.  (I doubled the recipe and used a larger cookie sheet.  It didn't work as well - it cracked and crumbled when I tried to lift it out of the pan because of the larger size.  When I tried it again with the 9" X 13" pan, it worked much better.)

In a large bowl combine flour with corn starch and salt.  In a separate bowl, beat butter with icing sugar and vanilla until very creamy.  Stir in flour mixture then cranberries and chocolate chips.  Using floured fingers, pat evening into prepared pan.  Using a fork, mark the surface all over.

Bake in preheated oven 40-50 minutes or until deep colden around edges.  Let stand in pan on wire rack for 30 minutes.  Using parchment paper, lift out of pan.  Slice into bars while still warm.  Cool completely.  Dust with icing sugar if desired.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 09:44:40 AM by Outdoor Girl »
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Cranberry White Chocolate Shortbread
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 09:45:34 AM »
Bumping up, since Christmas is coming.

And I'm glad I found this so I don't need to go looking for the original recipe sheet!  I want to make these this weekend.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario