Author Topic: Last Night at the Grill  (Read 11655 times)

SouthernBelle

Re: Last Night at the Grill
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2011, 01:25:27 PM »
He's complaining about everything while living there, unnecessarily, for 4 months a year.

So...  Who cares what size the portions are if the food is inedible.

Curly Wurly Doggie Breath

• Aussie's Rule
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2011, 01:26:19 PM »
He's complaining about everything while living there, unnecessarily, for 4 months a year.

aha Now I get it lol

The Southern Cross Flag. Australia

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »

D'oh!
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

pierrotlunaire0

• I'm the cat's aunt!
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2011, 03:17:17 PM »
Basically a very old joke.  Complaining about how awful something is, but then going on to (1) as in OP, live in the place, several months of the year, (2) complain you are not getting enough.

Sorry.
I have enough lithium in my medicine cabinet to power three cars across a sizeable desert.  Which makes me officially...Three Cars Crazy

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2011, 04:39:14 PM »
Basically a very old joke.  Complaining about how awful something is, but then going on to (1) as in OP, live in the place, several months of the year, (2) complain you are not getting enough.

Sorry.
Don't be sorry.  It was a good joke and relevant to the thread.  I was just a bit slow on the pickup.
"The first rule is to keep an untroubled spirit.  The second is to look things in the face and know them for what they are."

Marcus Aurelius

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2011, 10:30:39 AM »
FWIW, Midnight Kitty, I have found Hawaii to be the most wonderful place on Earth: climate, scenery, people, food. Nowhere better. I have no idea what your fool was talking about.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

My travel blog: http://www.stepmonster.ca

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2011, 03:00:51 PM »
FWIW, Midnight Kitty, I have found Hawaii to be the most wonderful place on Earth: climate, scenery, people, food. Nowhere better. I have no idea what your fool was talking about.
((((HUGS))))

Mahalo, Morticia.  We say, "Lucky live Hawai'i."  (and we hug a lot ;-)

Marcus Aurelius

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 10:26:08 AM »
A'ole pilikia. ;) Very lucky indeed.
Now our mom says she's changed her mind about the devil's brood, they may be evil so she thinks, but at least they're never rude...
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 07:18:46 AM »
I'm so jealous.  My friend's friend just moved there last fall when she got married (I believe her husband is in the Army).  I would LOVE to visit Hawaii!  I hear it is even more $$$ than living here in CA though.

I too find it funny that he hates Hawaii so much and yet visits so often.  It must not be that bad!!

I wonder if it is expected in his social set.  Or if he thinks it's expected.

I would also guess that he spends time there wanting it to be 40 years or so ago when it was less crowded and really was exotic.

Hawaii drove my father (the herpetologist) nuts; all that lush tropical growth and no snakes or lizards. He did love getting to see the green sea turtles basking at the Black Sand Beach on the Big Island, though.

Morticia

• Stepmonster's Travels
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 09:25:01 AM »
I have seen lizards in Maui, so they definitely have those.  No snakes, though.
                                        -- Big Rude Jake

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 09:28:15 AM »
There's one native species of lizard, apparently; the rest are exotic.

Piratelvr1121

• Super Hero!
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2011, 09:29:47 AM »
I've heard it's beautiful in Hawaii.  Very pricey but very beautiful.  A friend's parents vacationed there for a few weeks and she said they didn't want to come home.  It had been so rainy and cool here when they returned that I don't blame them! LOL!

Beyond a wholesome discipline, be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars.  You have a right to be here. Be cheerful, strive to be happy. -Desiderata

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2011, 07:07:36 PM »
Hawaii drove my father (the herpetologist) nuts; all that lush tropical growth and no snakes or lizards. He did love getting to see the green sea turtles basking at the Black Sand Beach on the Big Island, though.
We have a friend who is the "lizard guy" here on Oahu.  There are lots of "exotic" lizards: Jackson's Chameleons are probably the most common after the gecko.

Marcus Aurelius

mariamousie1

« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2011, 09:08:06 PM »
This guy stays in a studio apartment in a highrise in Waikiki, with a swimming pool, jacuzzi and rooftop recreation deck, and he's complaining? What is wrong with this guy? Also, if he hates it so much, why does he keep coming back? Some people just have to be miserable... ::)

Midnight Kitty

• The Queen of Sludge
    • The Stoddard's Hale
« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2011, 09:18:54 PM »
This guy stays in a studio apartment in a highrise in Waikiki, with a swimming pool, jacuzzi and rooftop recreation deck, and he's complaining? What is wrong with this guy? Also, if he hates it so much, why does he keep coming back? Some people just have to be miserable... ::)
Yeah! Really! I have to live here, 24/7, 365 days/year, and I tolerate it somehow. >:D

(every day we say "lucky live Hawai'i" and thank our lucky stars that we can pay the mortgage and still buy food)

Marcus Aurelius