Author Topic: New replies and posts not coming up  (Read 1635 times)

missmolly

New replies and posts not coming up
« on: April 03, 2011, 04:44:31 AM »
Today the unread posts/new replies buttons have been showing the same posts and threads even after I've clicked on the links and refreshed the pages. I can't see any new material with these buttons.

Help please?

ETA:

I've had a look at my profile and my current local time reads April 03, 2011, 04:55:19 PM, when it is actually April 4 6:56 am. Is there a way to fix this?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2011, 05:00:39 PM by missmolly »
"Any idiot can face a crisis, it is this day-to-day living that wears you out". Chekhov.

Lynn2000

Re: New replies and posts not coming up
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 05:09:50 PM »
Not to threadjack, but in a similar vein I noticed today that when I clicked "Show new replies to your posts," a couple threads came up, but it was not ALL the threads I'd posted in which had new replies. I know because I happened to notice in the main forum that a thread I'd started had a new reply that I hadn't seen, but it hadn't come up in the "show new replies to your posts" list.

missmolly, your problem might indeed be related to the time difference you're seeing--from your profile you should be able to reset your local time. Sometimes it's hard to figure out which time to set it to, though, because I think the options are set up based on Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). I don't easily know how my time zone compares to GMT, so I just kind of guessed and then changed it again if I was wrong. :)
~Lynn2000

Scritzy

• Please do not adjust your set.
  • Super Hero!
  • Passing through the iris of the world ...
Re: New replies and posts not coming up
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 06:17:31 PM »
You can set your local time through your profile. Go to Profile, Look and Layout Preferences, and set your time + or - the forum default.
Dragons

SC
It will pass. Or not.