Author Topic: "Last Active" Time/Date  (Read 2217 times)

Lynn2000

"Last Active" Time/Date
« on: April 04, 2011, 05:05:24 PM »
This isn't exactly a "glitch" but it seemed more technical than the issues in the "Forum Announcements" folder. I was just curious about the "Last Active" time/date stamp in our profiles--what exactly counts as being "active"? I feel like I've seen times/dates listed in mine when I knew I wasn't actually on EHell and it confused me.
~Lynn2000

Lynn2000

Re: "Last Active" Time/Date
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 10:02:09 AM »
So, no thoughts about this, then? It's a minor point, really, but I was just curious if anyone else had experienced this or could tell me any more about it.
~Lynn2000

Ceiling Fan

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2011, 10:03:40 AM »
I think it's whether you are logged in or not.

Lynn2000

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2011, 10:18:30 AM »
Hmm, I hadn't considered that. I think I am set to "always be logged in" or however it's phrased. Usually I just type in EHell's address and here I am, logged in and everything. But, I also notice that the "total time logged in" seems really short to me (only 5 days? really?) so perhaps this is some computer-related thing that I have no hope of understanding. ;)
~Lynn2000

LovesWater

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2011, 10:18:57 AM »
Do you ever come to Ehell and then follow a link, look at some etsy, read the news, etc.?  If the browser window is still open, I think it counts as active.

Do you shut down your computer when not in use? Many people don't, but again, I believe if the browser window is open to Ehell, it counts you as active.

Other than that, I got nothing.

Lynn2000

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2011, 04:24:00 PM »
Do you ever come to Ehell and then follow a link, look at some etsy, read the news, etc.?  If the browser window is still open, I think it counts as active.

Do you shut down your computer when not in use? Many people don't, but again, I believe if the browser window is open to Ehell, it counts you as active.

Other than that, I got nothing.

I do often have EHell open in one tab and then my email or some other website open in another, and if I'm not using my browser at all I'll just minimize it like that, with EHell open in one tab. I would have thought that would INCREASE the "total time logged in" though, because I might literally have the EHell screen open for eight hours. But it seems like sometimes my "last time active" is the middle of the night or something like that, when every computer I use is either completely off or set to "sleep."

Eh, I will never understand computers that well. It's probably the little gnomes inside my laptop going on to EHell while I'm sleeping. If "I" ever post something horrible I'm going to blame it on them. ;)
~Lynn2000

MrsJWine

• Super Hero!
  • I have an excessive fondness for parentheses.
    • Wallydraigle
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2011, 04:25:16 PM »
Have you set the time zone in your profile?

I have a blog.  I hate that word.

Utah

Lynn2000

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 05:01:59 PM »
Have you set the time zone in your profile?

Yes. I had to do it twice, though--once when I first set up my profile, and then again a few weeks later when I noticed it was an hour off. It may not have changed automatically when the Daylight Savings Time-related time change occurred.

I just checked it now and it's accurate.
~Lynn2000