Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls with..... BACON  (Read 2301 times)

Outdoor Girl

• Super Hero!
Re: Cinnamon Rolls with..... BACON
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 06:22:36 PM »
Anna, I say this with the utmost affection.  I think I hate you.  ;D

I just got back from grocery shopping and I managed not to buy cinnamon rolls and bacon but it was a near thing.  I did end up buying a loaf of sunflower rye bread, though.
I have CDO.  It is like OCD but with the letters in alphabetical order, as they should be.
Ontario

BettyP

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 07:46:29 PM »
I am actually going to go buy more tomorrow so I can make them again Saturday morning. LOL

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 09:34:58 PM »
These sound divine!
I do know that AB Good Eats does a sugared bacon and I have been wanting to try that.
(Ballad of salty and sweet)

bopper

• Super Hero!
« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2011, 03:20:26 PM »
I will add this to my list of "Food I can't wait to have when I move back to the USA from Germany this summer"

DottyG

• Super Hero!
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »
[Dottyg muses......I wonder if I have time to go to the grocery store after work.....]

frogonmytoe

« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2011, 03:42:25 PM »
I've been wanting to make these - plan on doing them sunday for a movie night gathering (planned this so that I wouldn't eat the whole batch myself! :D)

Lynnv

« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2011, 04:14:07 PM »
That is just evil.  Evil genius, to be sure, but definitely evil.   ;)

I may have to swoon.  Where is the smiley with a bit of drool on it when you need it?

Lynn

"Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat."  Robert A. Heinlein

frogonmytoe

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2011, 04:24:11 PM »
for Christmas I made bacon chocolate chip cookies :P  SOOO yummy!

Poirot

• Needler of threads, not threader of needles
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2011, 04:41:06 PM »
for Christmas I made bacon chocolate chip cookies :P  SOOO yummy!

Don't the "unofficial" rules clearly state that a statement like this must be accompanied by a recipe?
A spoon! A spoon! My kingdom for a case of #%^***** spoons!

frogonmytoe

« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2011, 04:50:38 PM »
LOL!  It's easily google-able, but here's the version I used - a friend adapted one a little, this is her email to me.

Here!  It's a modification of the Cooks' Illustrated regular Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe--I figured out the bacon on my own, and add the chilling process to really make the cookie crispy on the edges and chewy in the center by giving the eggs time to really absorb themselves into the dough.

1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
14 Tablespoons salted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
1 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips

For Bacon:
10 strips of bacon
1/2 cup dark brown sugar

Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Place bacon on wire cooling sheets in a pyrex pan or a cookie sheet with a lip (there will be lots of drippy fat!).  Sprinkle dark brown sugar on bacon, heat for 20 minutes.  Remove from oven & chop into tiny pieces, set aside.  Whisk flour, baking soda together and set aside.  Heat 10 tablespoons of butter in skillet. Cook while swirling pan constantly until butter is dark brown and nutty. You'll see little brown specks throughout. Remove from heat and pour into a mixing bowl, Add remaining 4 T of butter and stir untill completely melted.  Add both sugars, salt, and vanilla to bowl with butter and whisk untill fully incorporated. Add whole egg and 1 egg yolk. Whisk until mixture is smooth with no lumps remaining. Let mixture stand for 3 mins, then whisk for 30 secs. Repeat process of resting and whisking 2 more times untill mixture is thick, smooth and shiney. Using spatula or wood spoon add flours mix until just combined, about 1 min. Add choco chips and bacon pieces.  Place finished dough in the fridge for 1 - 4 hours for eggs to really soak up in the batter.  This recipe makes 16 large cookies or 3 dozen small cookies.  Scoop mounds of dough on to greased baking sheet.  Bake at 350 for 10 - 12.5 minutes

Poirot

• Needler of threads, not threader of needles
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 05:10:39 PM »
Thank you frogonmytoe, I'm off to the grocery store!  ;D
A spoon! A spoon! My kingdom for a case of #%^***** spoons!

frogonmytoe

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 05:40:54 PM »
you're welcome! :D enjoy!

Jloreli

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2011, 10:26:26 AM »
ZOMG glad I had the gastric bypass before I read this!! LMAO Or I would so be making these.......

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2011, 11:17:53 AM »
ZOMG glad I had the gastric bypass before I read this!! LMAO Or I would so be making these.......
I've said this a thousand times while on this sight.

"Darn! Why didn't I wait another month/year to have lap band surgery!"

LOL!
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Jloreli

« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2011, 06:45:18 PM »
LOL Yeah mine was just over 2 weeks ago so I haven't said it too many times yet....yesterday was my B-day so the lack of cake did suck a bit. On the other hand I've lost nearly 25lbs since surgery...trade-offs!