News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• March 31, 2015, 07:32:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls with..... BACON  (Read 2838 times)

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
Re: Cinnamon Rolls with..... BACON
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 07:31:59 PM »
To those who have had the surgery, congrats. My mother did it and it changed her life. I just want to say good luck to y'all!

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »
Oh these sound so wonderful! I may have to make them both in the very near future!

Bob Ducca

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 07:43:37 PM »
ZOMG glad I had the gastric bypass before I read this!! LMAO Or I would so be making these.......
I've said this a thousand times while on this sight.

"Darn! Why didn't I wait another month/year to have lap band surgery!"

LOL!

Ha!  Me, too.  I'm less than 5 pounds from my "healthy" weight, but those bacon cinnamon rolls sound super good... :)

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 09:45:59 AM »
YAY! Go you!  ;D

P.S. On the bacon cinnamon rolls - my friend tried it and she said the reheated ones (as in you cook them, try them, refridgerate the leftovers, and nuke them in the morning) were much better - possibly the bacon had time to soak up all the flavors?
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

TychaBrahe

• Super Hero!
  • Defend the mother closet!
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 10:00:09 AM »
YAY! Go you!  ;D

P.S. On the bacon cinnamon rolls - my friend tried it and she said the reheated ones (as in you cook them, try them, refridgerate the leftovers, and nuke them in the morning) were much better - possibly the bacon had time to soak up all the flavors?

How do you have leftovers?
"Brownies and kindness for all!"  — High Dudgeon

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 10:04:30 AM »
YAY! Go you!  ;D

How do you have leftovers?

I think she had made 5 of them, ate two, and refridgerated the rest. And this is a woman who eats like a bird, so for her to eat two "grand" cinnamon rolls is really something lol.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 01:04:21 PM »
I hate you for reminding me of this thread. Now I want cinnamon rolls with bacon! :'(
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 08:00:15 AM »
PEOPLE - I am on a DIET.  You aren't helping.

Please - don't even go the, "Well you don't *have * to make them or eat them" route. 

Just don't go there.

:-*

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

Sebastienne

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 01:16:42 PM »
I was inspired by this thread the first time it appeared and made my own version from scratch, to impress some in-laws.  Any recipe will work for the cinnamon rolls, but the way I incorporated the bacon was twofold:

I fully cooked five strips of cherrywood bacon and crumbled them.  2/3 of the crumbles were incorporated into the cinnamon-sugar filling (so every bite will have one or two tiny bacony nuggets); the other 1/3 was set aside and sprinkled on top of the glaze (which was a combo of maple syrup, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla).

This was magic; possibly, no lie, the best thing I have ever eaten. I haven't made them again, though, because they're possibly too magical and detrimental to our health.

MMHou

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 03:33:09 PM »
I am SO going to make these this weekend!  ;D

Texas Mom

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »
PEOPLE - I am on a DIET.  You aren't helping.

Please - don't even go the, "Well you don't *have * to make them or eat them" route. 

Just don't go there.

:-*

pod pod pod

4children

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2011, 01:20:49 PM »
I never thought to look for recipes on ehell. Now I am planning to drop by the store later. Probably should't, but this sounds way too good to not try..at least just one little one...

padua

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2011, 01:37:17 PM »
any specific type of bacon? because while i don't eat meat, i know this is something my husband would love. when i go to the grocery store to get him bacon (he loves BLT's), i'm often overwhelmed by the number of choices.

what bacon works best? or does it truly not matter?

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2011, 01:43:39 PM »
The only thing stopping me is that The Sweeties doesn't like cinnamon. So I'd have to eat them all myself.
It is the policy of the United States Navy to neither confirm nor deny the presence of nuclear weapons aboard its vessels.

EmmaJ.

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2011, 03:42:27 PM »
The only thing stopping me is that The Sweeties doesn't like cinnamon. So I'd have to eat them all myself.

I will save you and bravely eat her portion.

;D