Author Topic: Cinnamon Rolls with..... BACON  (Read 2026 times)

Doll Fiend

• The Dolls are in the Garden and in my Head.
Re: Cinnamon Rolls with..... BACON
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2011, 07:31:59 PM »
To those who have had the surgery, congrats. My mother did it and it changed her life. I just want to say good luck to y'all!

Schmoopie3928

• I eat Paste
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2011, 07:40:23 PM »
Oh these sound so wonderful! I may have to make them both in the very near future!

Bob Ducca

• Super Hero!
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2011, 07:43:37 PM »
ZOMG glad I had the gastric bypass before I read this!! LMAO Or I would so be making these.......
I've said this a thousand times while on this sight.

"Darn! Why didn't I wait another month/year to have lap band surgery!"

LOL!

Ha!  Me, too.  I'm less than 5 pounds from my "healthy" weight, but those bacon cinnamon rolls sound super good... :)

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2011, 09:45:59 AM »
YAY! Go you!  ;D

P.S. On the bacon cinnamon rolls - my friend tried it and she said the reheated ones (as in you cook them, try them, refridgerate the leftovers, and nuke them in the morning) were much better - possibly the bacon had time to soak up all the flavors?
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

TychaBrahe

• Super Hero!
  • Defend the mother closet!
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2011, 10:00:09 AM »
YAY! Go you!  ;D

P.S. On the bacon cinnamon rolls - my friend tried it and she said the reheated ones (as in you cook them, try them, refridgerate the leftovers, and nuke them in the morning) were much better - possibly the bacon had time to soak up all the flavors?

How do you have leftovers?
"Brownies and kindness for all!"  — High Dudgeon

PeasNCues

• Mind your PeasNCues!
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2011, 10:04:30 AM »
YAY! Go you!  ;D

How do you have leftovers?

I think she had made 5 of them, ate two, and refridgerated the rest. And this is a woman who eats like a bird, so for her to eat two "grand" cinnamon rolls is really something lol.
'I shall sit here quietly by the fire for a bit, and perhaps go out later for a sniff of air.  Mind your Ps and Qs, and don't forget that you are supposed to be escaping in secret, and are still on the high-road and not very far from the Shire!' -FOTR

http://inanitiesofanidlemind.blogspot.com/

Winterlight

• On the internet, no one can tell you're a dog- arf.
  • Super Hero!
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2011, 01:04:21 PM »
I hate you for reminding me of this thread. Now I want cinnamon rolls with bacon! :'(
If wisdom’s ways you wisely seek,
Five things observe with care,
To whom you speak,
Of whom you speak,
And how, and when, and where.
Caroline Lake Ingalls

joraemi

• Crystal of Enchantment - my current project
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2011, 08:00:15 AM »
PEOPLE - I am on a DIET.  You aren't helping.

Please - don't even go the, "Well you don't *have * to make them or eat them" route. 

Just don't go there.

:-*

Courage is the price life  exacts for granting peace.  ~Amelia Earhart~

Sebastienne

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2011, 01:16:42 PM »
I was inspired by this thread the first time it appeared and made my own version from scratch, to impress some in-laws.  Any recipe will work for the cinnamon rolls, but the way I incorporated the bacon was twofold:

I fully cooked five strips of cherrywood bacon and crumbled them.  2/3 of the crumbles were incorporated into the cinnamon-sugar filling (so every bite will have one or two tiny bacony nuggets); the other 1/3 was set aside and sprinkled on top of the glaze (which was a combo of maple syrup, confectioner's sugar, and vanilla).

This was magic; possibly, no lie, the best thing I have ever eaten. I haven't made them again, though, because they're possibly too magical and detrimental to our health.

MMHou

« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2011, 03:33:09 PM »
I am SO going to make these this weekend!  ;D

Texas Mom

« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2011, 09:31:25 PM »
PEOPLE - I am on a DIET.  You aren't helping.

Please - don't even go the, "Well you don't *have * to make them or eat them" route. 

Just don't go there.

:-*

pod pod pod

4children

« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2011, 01:20:49 PM »
I never thought to look for recipes on ehell. Now I am planning to drop by the store later. Probably should't, but this sounds way too good to not try..at least just one little one...

padua

« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2011, 01:37:17 PM »
any specific type of bacon? because while i don't eat meat, i know this is something my husband would love. when i go to the grocery store to get him bacon (he loves BLT's), i'm often overwhelmed by the number of choices.

what bacon works best? or does it truly not matter?

Ms_Cellany

• The Queen of Squee
  • Super Hero!
  • Big white goggie? No. Hasn't seen him.
« Reply #43 on: May 23, 2011, 01:43:39 PM »
The only thing stopping me is that The Sweeties doesn't like cinnamon. So I'd have to eat them all myself.
Current foster kittens: Friday (F: green collar), Duffy (M: blue), Fez (M: orange), Kipling (M: pink), Thirteen (F: yellow).

EmmaJ.

« Reply #44 on: May 23, 2011, 03:42:27 PM »
The only thing stopping me is that The Sweeties doesn't like cinnamon. So I'd have to eat them all myself.

I will save you and bravely eat her portion.

;D