Author Topic: my mother-in-law lent me her chiro.  (Read 1216 times)

dawbs

my mother-in-law lent me her chiro.
« on: June 30, 2007, 09:02:04 PM »
*apologies in advance if this makes less sense than most of my posts...I've had lots of drugs*

I threw my back out just over a week ago.  I have a history of doing this (did it the first time when I was 15...), resulting in pinched nerves and lots of other spinal column fun.  I've learned to live with it, but I haven't had an episode this bad in at LEAST 5 years.  (I took 34 hours of sick time this week...)

So, my doctor was on vacation...as was the office PA.  When I called the office staff, they were as kind as possible under the circumstances (the circumstances being that they could do diddly and squat for me).  They gave me times of the 'after hours' clinics, they got me into the first apointment they could weasle me into once the PA is back (I think they bumped someone for me...), they made sympathetic coo-ing type noises, and they asked what they could do to help (which was nothing, but they tried).

My husband mentioned to my MIL that I had been laying, with elevated feet, on the livingroom floor for 3 days.  She jumped to my aid (Have I mentioned before how much I adore my MIL?  she truly is the mom I never had.  She is a lovely, wonderful woman.  she has her quirks, but don't we all?  she has a kind heart and is a gentle soul) and she made some phone calls...
She pulled some strings w/ her chiropractor, who said he could get me in on Saturday morning in spite of me being a non-patient w/o any history and it being his Saturday off....

So I went this morning, and talked to the chiropractor, who made adjustements to my spine and spent quite a bit of time talking to me.  When it came to insurance, I explained that since there wasn't a chance in hell that I could get a referral nor, even if I had a referral, would he be in network (my agony doesn't equal an emergancy to my insurance co, and I need a referral from my doctor (the one on vacation) and only docs w/i a certain radius of my work area (over an hour's drive away)are  in plan...out-of-plan my coverage is crap to non-existant--he's not in plan) it would just be easier for me to pay him out of pocket for this "emergency" session of aligning my spine.
The doc went into the waiting room, asked Mr. Dawbs to run to McD's and get him a certain order, and came back and told me that said order would cover my payment in full, he needed breakfast.  wouldn't let us pay him the balance, just ate his bagel once he was done poking me.

thank heavens for these people.
Granted, I'm still in a feelign like crap, but people are trying to make my life easier, and I appreciate it ever so much.

Animala

• Rowr!
  • Super Hero!
Re: my mother-in-law lent me her chiro.
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2007, 05:13:51 AM »
Awe, I love my chiro.  She makes me functional.  I want a mil like yours.

Happy_Momma

Re: my mother-in-law lent me her chiro.
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 07:36:15 PM »
That was SO nice!!