News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• February 27, 2017, 07:59:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)  (Read 1204325 times)

MissRose

Re: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)
« Reply #4365 on: February 07, 2017, 09:59:51 AM »
I am overhearing one of the supervisors who has been trying to explain to a customer that issue Y must be handled by Y department not by our issue T group who has no access to issue Y details at all.  It took the supervisor about 10 minutes to convince the customer our group can't help and is NOT trained to help but she has to work with the group we transferred her to that can help.

chi2kcldy

Re: Not Going To Happen 'Cause I'm Not Harry Potter (Impossible Patron Requests)
« Reply #4366 on: February 07, 2017, 10:56:47 AM »
The bank I work for offers short term loans referred to as signature loans. You can apply for a loan online or apply at a local branch. If you apply at the branch, a paper application is completed and the branch will fax the documents to the underwriting department.

A client I will refer to as “Amy” applied for a signature loan online. The underwriting department contacted Amy to discuss a few details. At that time, Amy was informed she is tentatively qualified for $1,000. Amy stated she needed at least $3,000. Due to several factors personal to Amy, our bank is not able to approve that amount. Amy agreed to continue with the $1,000 loan.

The underwriter informed Amy that after he verifies a few other details in her application, he will contact her with the final result.

About an hour later two paper applications were submitted for a signature loan for Amy. Each application is from a different bank location. Believing that Amy may have misunderstood the process or the applications were not submitting timely by the branch, the underwriter contacts Amy.

During the discussion it is discovered at Amy submitted the other applications because she needs $3,000. In her mind each loan application (she submitted 3)should be approved for $1,000. This will give her the $3,000. The underwriter explains this is not how the process works. Each application is not its own loan. She can only have one loan and he asks her if she wants to continue with the loan for $1,000.

Amy does not agree and wants a manager. The manager also explains what was previously told to her. Amy still does not agree, claims we are trying to scam her and cancels the loan application. This happened early last week.   

Today we received another online application from Amy and in the requested amount field is “$3,000.”
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 11:00:01 AM by chi2kcldy »

siamesecat2965

« Reply #4367 on: February 07, 2017, 11:17:54 AM »
The bank I work for offers short term loans referred to as signature loans. You can apply for a loan online or apply at a local branch. If you apply at the branch, a paper application is completed and the branch will fax the documents to the underwriting department.

About 20 years ago, i worked as a temp in the loan dept of a bank. Mainly doing processing of documentation etc. We sat in one huge room, with rows of desks, including the loan officers to one side. it was amazing how many people just simply don't understand how loans are made, what qualifies them etc.

i remember one customer, who applied for a debt consolidation loan. She worked as a cashier in a local dept store, think something like Macys, and made about 20K or so? She had 4 times that in unsecured debt, and wanted a loan for that amount. She was denied.

They were particularly strict there on overdraft lines of credit. And many customers too didn't get the connection between actual debt and available credit. we had too many too count who would complain, when denied, well i have no debt. Yes, but you have 15K in available credit, so you could potentially have 15K in debt, even if you don't now.

XRogue

« Reply #4368 on: February 10, 2017, 11:24:19 PM »
This week I got a customer on the phone who wanted to know why her legal name change had not come thru the systems and was not posting on the account yet. I looked into that and advised it was because of a legal issue that means it won't take effect until 90 days after it was filed. 3 months. The name change was filed 3 weeks ago.

The notes on the account also stated that the customer had been advised of this each week since filing the paperwork, plus the initial notification at the time of filing. And that each time she'd called in she'd requested a manager because she refused to believe the frontline agent.

At this point customer became irate and started swearing. I replied that I understood the frustration but the legality in question could not be gotten around in any way, by anyone, and that even if the software would permit it, the customer could not expect our employees to break the law and risk termination and any legal consequences that might ensue. Nor was the refusal to do so in any way a personal attack on the customer.

Customer remained irate, kept swearing, dared me to hang up on her ( also very much discouraged by employer) and finally requested another manager.

Turned out to be the same one she'd gotten the previous day, thankfully so already familiar with the case. :)

MissRose

I work for an internet provider/telephone company that services only business.  We also do not sell mobile/cell phones</end background>

Caller: What type of things do you offer at your company? I was told to call you all for help with my phone

Me - explains what our company offers then asked for the phone # he has issues with.  We can look it up and determine if we service it or not, and most of the time tell people who services it if we don't

Me - Sir, this number belongs to Company T and you will need to contact them for help with the phone #

Customer - Company T said I had to call you for help

Me - I am sorry, we can't help with it as the number belongs to Company T

Customer -- *rants and raves as to why we  MUST help him not Company T, I keep telling we can't help,  then he tells me to do something scrabble related to him then calls me a female dog too*, then at that point I didn't even give the warning for vulgar/abusive language and simply disconnected the call.

Twik

To be fair, Company T may have absolutely told him that you, and not them, were responsible for solving his problem.

Our company once had an "understanding" with another company that we would help their customers with packaging for a particular type of product. We soon became inundated by calls that had nothing to do with this type of product. It was clear that the other company's reps were going "Packaging you say? Here's Twik's number!" And the people on the other end of the call were always angry at *me* for not helping, when I couldn't do anything to help them in the first place.

My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."