News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 27, 2015, 09:31:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Anyone use Poshmark, Tradesy, etc? Update  (Read 385 times)

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
Anyone use Poshmark, Tradesy, etc? Update
« on: August 07, 2015, 09:52:53 AM »
Just looking for some feedback if anyone has sold anything using Poshmark, Tradesy or any other online consignment site. I found Poshmark by accident, and while I like the concept, there are quite a few negative reviews. I think some of them are simply that people don't get how the site works, and don't read all the FAQs (complaints about the amount of their commission, etc.)

I have some things I'd like to sell, and I like that i just list, and they do most of the work, for a fee.

ANy feedback wouldbe appreciated!

Update:
So I listed some items, and sold my first one in less than an hour!  Pretty easy; although I didn't realize that once someone buys my item, i get a label, and send it directly to them. Which is fine, but I had to scramble a bit to find a box, etc. to fit, so the buyer didn't have to wait for me to get my act together!

It was pretty easy; sold on Sat, mailed out Monday, delivered yesterday, and my funds were available once the buyer "accepted" the item.

My other stuff is still there; there is so much you really have to be able to make it somehow stand out. I did have an offer on some other items, but it was low, and in the end, the potential buyer declined my second counter offer. Since my stuff was Vera Bradley, and she had a lot of that in her "closet" i suspect she was trying to get it cheap, to resell.

But so far I'm happy. I requested a check for my sale, so we shall see.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 08:16:12 AM by siamesecat2965 »

miredrose326

Re: Anyone use Poshmark, Tradesy, etc?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2015, 12:12:37 PM »
My daughter has used Poshmark to buy and sell quite a few times and has been pretty happy with it. When she sold a lot, she ended up requesting a check for payment and they sent it to her very quickly. Usually she ends up just using the credit she has on the website though. Never had any problem with any buyers or receiving payment. It's nice having them do all the work, you just print the address label and go.
My beautiful babies 

Giraffe, Esq

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2015, 01:20:45 PM »
Oh my goodness.  I've never heard of these but they sound amazing.  I recently lost a lot of weight and have professional suits and dresses that I would love to get some money for instead of just giving to Goodwill and this looks perfect! 

I'll let you know how it works if when I try it.   ;D

siamesecat2965

• Super Hero!
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2015, 01:23:59 PM »
My daughter has used Poshmark to buy and sell quite a few times and has been pretty happy with it. When she sold a lot, she ended up requesting a check for payment and they sent it to her very quickly. Usually she ends up just using the credit she has on the website though. Never had any problem with any buyers or receiving payment. It's nice having them do all the work, you just print the address label and go.

I like that feature as well; you hold the merchandise until its sold, and then you send it to them, and they handle it. I'd do a check as well, or credit. Not quite that trusting to give my bank acct info for direct deposit.

A lot of the negative reviews I saw too talked about the "cattiness" and "meanness" of some sellers/buyers. But I think as long as one is professional and polite, you should be fine. I may start small; with a couple of items, and see how it goes.

miredrose326

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2015, 03:18:37 PM »
That's what she did, just listed one thing to see how it worked and if she liked it. She's 15 and hasn't encountered any cattiness so I would hope that if the teenagers could keep it under control, the adults should be able to handle themselves but we all know how that works  ::)

My beautiful babies 

wordgirl

• Just bead it
  • Super Hero!
  • Pinterest is the new crack
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2015, 05:01:36 PM »
miredrose329, that little hat-wearing angel is 15? Already?  Where does the time go? (I remember the first time I saw that picture, thinking how lovely they were.)

miredrose326

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2015, 06:15:05 PM »
miredrose329, that little hat-wearing angel is 15? Already?  Where does the time go? (I remember the first time I saw that picture, thinking how lovely they were.)

I know, it's scary isn't it. She'll be 16 in October and he leaves for college in 3 weeks. I should probably update the picture but it's still one of my favorites.
My beautiful babies