Author Topic: "Dressing up" an impromptu snack  (Read 721 times)

ezbliss

"Dressing up" an impromptu snack
« on: December 14, 2014, 07:19:58 PM »
I was hungry, and remembered I had a pint of vanilla Haagen Dazs in the frig )carton was about ¼ full so not a lot was left.  I was thinking “hmm, ice-cream is good, but what can I do to make it delicious?”

I saw ½ Butterfinger candy bar, grabbed a handful of walnuts, peeled and cut up a banana, sprinkled some raisins.  Too bad I didn’t have any Cool Whip or a cherry to top it.

But it was sooo decadent and yummy! :)

I’ve also “dressed up” leftover pizza many times.

How about you?

Morty'sCleaningLady

Re: "Dressing up" an impromptu snack
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 07:26:19 PM »
I sometimes core an apples, toss some cinnamon and brown sugar and toss is in the microwave for a minute or two.  Baked apple instead of a regular apple.
Formerly Mrs.Bart

ezbliss

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 08:11:16 PM »
A friend always puts bacon on his sandwiches from McD, Subway, etc.  He buys the pre-cooked kind and his method is cheaper than getting bacon added when ordering, and he can adjudt the quantity of bacon as he wishes.

demarco

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 08:33:05 PM »
ezbliss, I do pretty much what you did. If I have just a little bit of ice cream left I'll put nuts, raisins and banana slices in. If I have any peanut butter, I'd heat some up in the 'wave and add that. Alternately, I'll put in some granola.

Please pass the Calgon

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2014, 08:37:44 PM »
I always add granola to the top of my yogurt cup. I've been know to crush a granola bar and use that if I'm out of the loose version. Cheerios work in a pinch. I just really don't like my yogurt without some crunch.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 12:10:02 AM »
I sliced up a banana and topped it with cool whip (whipped cream would work) and then sprinkled it lightly with cinnamon.  I didn't know banana and cinnamon go together.  It was really good.  The cool whip is frozen so it was sorta like ice cream.
I get toasted coconut flakes and combine them with untoasted ones, some walnuts and some raisins.  That's my version of trail mix.  It is satisfying and tastes great.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Oh Joy

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 02:57:45 AM »
One of the best snacks I ever had was cold leftover potato soup finished with peanut butter cups on top.

Then the doctors fixed my hormone dose.
 ;D

Diane AKA Traska

• Or you can just call me Diane. (NE USA EHellion)
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 05:23:08 AM »
I always Cool Whip my ice cream.  :)  Coffee Cookie Crumble (coffee ice cream with "creme-filled sandwich cookie" chunks in it) with Cool Whip is pretty much my reward to myself for watching my carbs (I know how silly that sounds, but I keep my carbs low enough that I can have it regularly, and if I need to cut carbs from my daily diet it's the first thing to go.  Like a placeholder.)

jpcher

• Super Hero!
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2014, 05:51:09 PM »
One of the best snacks I ever had was cold leftover potato soup finished with peanut butter cups on top.

Then the doctors fixed my hormone dose.
 ;D

I'm glad you got fixed! ;D