News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• August 17, 2017, 10:40:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Puzzled by minimal activity on the Wedding boards  (Read 961 times)

Roodabega

Puzzled by minimal activity on the Wedding boards
« on: August 11, 2017, 09:31:34 AM »
Hiya.  Back before the board reorganized, the wedding boards were frequently updated.  Probably bad of me I know, but I enjoyed reading about the misdeeds of guests, etc. and how things were resolved.  All the good and the bad about weddings.

Since the reorganization, there's very limited activity on those boards.   Did people move on to different sites, or is something else going on with them?

Twik

Re: Puzzled by minimal activity on the Wedding boards
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 09:35:53 AM »
Maybe it's a slow year for weddings?
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Sirius

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 05:41:18 PM »
Everyone I know is already married. 

gmatoy

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 07:03:27 PM »
I know that I missed them when they moved, but often didn't remember to go over. I also noticed that there isn't much traffic on them now. Sad.

pattycake

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 08:57:10 AM »
Well, from all the reports of bridezillas, my guess is there's not too many brides looking for etiquette advice!  >:D ;D ;D

rose red

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2017, 09:13:17 AM »
It didn't have to be just about etiquette. I really enjoyed the threads where pictures of dresses and rings were posted. I guess longtime posters already posted what they wanted and simply ran out of topics.

It's not just the wedding boards, but the "Etiquette School is Now in Session" boards don't have much activity either.

Luci

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2017, 10:22:39 AM »
Where  are these boards?

rose red

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2017, 11:27:58 AM »
Where  are these boards?

It's on the same page as all the boards. Go to the forum home page. At the top, there's "Forum Administration" and below that is "Wedding Bliss and Blues." If you don't see the sub-headings, click on directly on the title, "Wedding Bliss and Blues."

Luci

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2017, 11:37:43 AM »
Where  are these boards?

It's on the same page as all the boards. Go to the forum home page. At the top, there's "Forum Administration" and below that is "Wedding Bliss and Blues." If you don't see the sub-headings, click on directly on the title, "Wedding Bliss and Blues."

Thanks.

starry diadem

• διάδημα: The Glass Hat
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2017, 10:15:41 AM »
The activity on all the boards seems to have declined greatly over the last couple of years, which saddens me. It certainly can't be because everyone is so perfect in etiquette! Quite the opposite - it seems to me we need it now more than ever.
Mysterious ravens go after local farmer's potatoes