News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• June 23, 2017, 02:17:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat  (Read 561712 times)

JadeAngel

Re: S/O Dear Dog...Dear Cat
« Reply #3210 on: June 13, 2017, 02:00:46 AM »
Dear Gizmo,

We've been through a lot you and I ever since I brought you home as a scrappy little bundle of fluff in a cardboard box 17 years ago, but this weekend it was your time to go. It was all very peaceful calm and quick and I knew when you laid your head on my arm and closed your eyes that you were ready and I was doing the right thing.

The somber mood was somewhat broken when we discovered that the last thing you did before you left for the vets was to widdle on the bathmat one last time... thanks for that by the way I stood in it wearing my socks. I hope where you are there are endless balls of paper and a neverending supply of pate.

Thanks for the last seventeen years, we'll miss you.

Love

Us.

Gladly

« Reply #3211 on: June 13, 2017, 03:23:49 AM »
(((((((((Hugs))))))) JadeAngel

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #3212 on: June 13, 2017, 08:48:01 AM »
Harley is waiting for Gizmo to play and nap all day in the sun.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

songbird

« Reply #3213 on: June 13, 2017, 09:07:32 AM »
Sorry for your loss, JadeAngel

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3214 on: June 13, 2017, 11:19:39 AM »
((hugs)) to you, JadeAngel, and I am so sorry for your loss.

Ser Lucien Liliane

• He Who Makes Words Make Sense
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3215 on: June 13, 2017, 02:20:26 PM »
*hugs* I'm so sorry, JadeAngel.
"This is the kind of nonsense up with which I will not put."

LadyJaneinMD

« Reply #3216 on: June 15, 2017, 06:27:20 AM »
I, however, am *thrilled* to see Her Royal Furriness the Princess Rita get a little portly.  While she was sick, she dropped down to *9* pounds (she lost 4 pounds!) and was looking a little scrawny.  At 14, this is not desirable.   Now she's back up to a *little* chunky, and I'm happy to keep her that way. No, I'm not trying to get her any bigger.  She's a nice armful as is. 

I have no idea what she weighs.  The only scale I own is in the kitchen and used for weighing baking ingredients. 

Congratulations! We went through this with Matilda, when she developed arthritis and dropped to 3.15 kilos from 4. She's back up to 3.5 now on medication, but it still means we have to feed her constantly on special food (she won't take the supplements seperately). When she started looking fatter we cheered.

It must be such a relief to see Princess Rita looking portly. If it doesn't offend Her Purriness' royal dignity, can you give her ear rubs from me?

She will get the ear rubs.   She has her regular well-cat checkup on Monday, with a rabies shot.  I'll find out her true weight then.

Princess Rita came through her checkup with flying colors, and got a rabies shot.  Unfortunately, although she feels chunky to me, she's still only 9.8 lbs, not quite the 11 that I'd hoped for. 

If it means anything, she's mortally offended that I was hoping that she'd get *fat*. 

Ser Lucien Liliane

• He Who Makes Words Make Sense
    • My tumblr
« Reply #3217 on: June 15, 2017, 01:37:23 PM »
Dear Freya,

Please tell me you're just losing weight as a result of two things: me having been gone for a week, and you appearing to have a bit of a cold or perhaps allergies? And please tell me you're going to gain that weight back once you quit sneezing all over the place? Please? I know you're old, and probably a lot older than the nine or so we've suspected you are, and did not have a good life before arriving at Chez Liliane, but I am nowhere near ready for you to begin the downward spiral. :(

I think I may be buying you a few cans of gooshyfood tonight...

Worried sick,
the Not-Furry One.
"This is the kind of nonsense up with which I will not put."

Mel the Redcap

• Scheming Foreign Hussy married to a Good Ethnic Boy!
« Reply #3218 on: June 15, 2017, 01:40:36 PM »
Holly, sweetie, it's very cute that you keep curling around my arm and trying to stop me from getting up, but I have to pee!
"Set aphasia to stun!"

GreenHall

« Reply #3219 on: June 16, 2017, 06:54:13 PM »
Dear Renfield,
While I appreciate that you no longer seem to believe the slightest hint of the bottom of the bowl requires the song of your people lest you starve, I do wish you would also realize that I am an unnecessary presence.  You do not need me to witness you eating in order for it to count. 

Also, while the lawn is much nicer with fewer voles, any chance you could stop bringing them in? 

Your Servant,
The door and can opener

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3220 on: June 17, 2017, 03:43:32 PM »
Dear Matilda,

What on earth was that?

You were dozing on the bed, Sophie was dozing a few feet away, when you decided to get up. You stood up, blinked a bit, stretched your front paws, then turned your head, hissed at Sophie, and then jumped off the bed and sauntered to the biscuits. Sophie didn't even move.

That was the single most business-like hiss I have ever seen a cat give. I'm used to hisses signalling aggression, or fights not just, "Oh I think I'll hiss at you just because." It might have been on a checklist: Get up, stretch, hiss at sophie, have biscuits.

And then you wandered back up and went back to sleep next to her again. What?

Regards,
Mum.

P.S. Seriously, I'm baffled. Mind you, I'm trying to understand cats. A basic mistake.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #3221 on: June 17, 2017, 05:10:29 PM »
Dear kitties,
Thank you for your good supervision of me while I tended the plants. I do appreciate your concern.

Dear Kronos,

If you sneak into spaces you aren't supposed to be in, like our closet, then you might just get stuck in there! You sounded very pathetic for the 10 minutes you were in there, but you are fine now.

Sincerly,
the humanoids
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

furrcats

« Reply #3222 on: June 19, 2017, 11:28:24 PM »
Dear Gizmo,

We've been through a lot you and I ever since I brought you home as a scrappy little bundle of fluff in a cardboard box 17 years ago, but this weekend it was your time to go. It was all very peaceful calm and quick and I knew when you laid your head on my arm and closed your eyes that you were ready and I was doing the right thing.

The somber mood was somewhat broken when we discovered that the last thing you did before you left for the vets was to widdle on the bathmat one last time... thanks for that by the way I stood in it wearing my socks. I hope where you are there are endless balls of paper and a neverending supply of pate.

Thanks for the last seventeen years, we'll miss you.

Love

Us.

I'm sorry :'(

atirial

• just 'plane mad
    • Tirial & Errror blog
« Reply #3223 on: June 20, 2017, 08:43:38 AM »
Dear Sophie,

We may have dubbed you the Instrusive Snozzle because of your habit of exploring things with your nose first. This was not something you were meant to take seriously.

Given that our poor neighbour was gardening in swimwear, I don't want to know where your nose went to produce that shriek, cursing, and you nearly knocking me over in your rush to get inside. And when I apologised and say that you're still a kitten, I was not ready for the reply of "That makes it so much worse".

Regards,
Mum.

P.S. Be aware, I gave permission for a hosepipe to be employed if you try it again...