News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• January 21, 2017, 08:13:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: What's for Dinner?  (Read 959931 times)

GardenGal

Re: What's for Dinner?
« Reply #8295 on: January 17, 2017, 09:57:15 PM »
Herb-crusted roast pork, roasted sweet potatoes with fresh ginger, brown sugar & orange marmalade topping, steamed green beans with butter & fresh thyme.  Plus leftover brownies from last night.
"No matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Banzai

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #8296 on: January 18, 2017, 07:30:04 AM »
Tonight will be a large sirloin steak reverse seared, with a port wine reduction, roasted red potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Birthday cake for dessert.  :D
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien

EmmaJ.

« Reply #8297 on: January 18, 2017, 10:53:17 AM »
Tonight will be a large sirloin steak reverse seared, with a port wine reduction, roasted red potatoes and Brussels sprouts. Birthday cake for dessert.  :D

Happy birthday!

nicolwht

« Reply #8298 on: January 19, 2017, 12:37:34 PM »
chiken with roasted veggies, my fav

Lady Tempest

« Reply #8299 on: January 19, 2017, 12:58:20 PM »
Chicken quesadillas with lots of peppers, tomato, salsa and cheese.  Topped with sour cream.  One of our favourite winter meals.

Bijou

« Reply #8300 on: January 19, 2017, 06:51:14 PM »
I came home very late tonight, so was happy to find some chili in the freezer.  Had lots of topping and just the thing on a cold and rainy night
Don't you love it when you have something wonderful on hand and you don't have to cook?  Last night we had left over soupas and this morning for breakfast I had it again and again at lunch.  I don't know what to have for dinner.   I'm  thinking some kind of Alvarado Street Sprouted tortilla wrap with eggs, kale, mushrooms, avocado and a little pico pica hot sauce.  I smear a little mayo on the wrap so I don't have to use cheese.
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

POF

« Reply #8301 on: January 19, 2017, 06:56:51 PM »
I am so sad.  Tonight was stuffed peppers and DH's turn to cook. They were really really awful.  I love a good stuffed pepper and he certainly knows how to make them.  But sometimes he gets ..... difficult.

I am on a diet and I watch my carbs and my salt.  I plan what I eat all day - but factor in dinner as my main meal  (so  I leave room ) .  Even though I tell him not to adjust dinner, I have already taken into account my plan ... he does anyway....  because he knows better than me or my doctor or nutritionist. 

So - he found a new "low sugar" ( i.e. no ketchup - too much salt and sugar ) recipe.  It had plain tomato sauce and a LOT of lemon juice in the sauce. Really really sour. He then decided not to cook the peppers "too much".  they were basically raw.

I took a few bites, told him he could enjoy the others for his lunch and made myself an omelet.  It was very very tasty. 

artk2002

• The Delian's Commonwealth
« Reply #8302 on: Yesterday at 06:46:20 PM »
We're going out for dinner tonight. It's dineLA this week and next, so restaurants are offering prix fixe menus at very reasonable prices. The last time we did this we found two restaurants that we've been back to. Tonight is a local Italian place.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bow lines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

ladyknight1

• Not all those who wander are lost
« Reply #8303 on: Yesterday at 07:05:44 PM »
^Orlando restaurants do that in September, Magical Dining Month to benefit the a children's charity.

Sirloin steak with a Korean teriyaki sauce, over riced broccoli and cauliflower, with sugar snap peas and carrots.

Cake for dessert.
ďAll that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost."
-J.R.R Tolkien