News: IT'S THE 2ND ANNUAL GUATEMALA LIBRARY PROJECT BOOK DRIVE!    LOOKING FOR DONATIONS OF SCIENCE BOOKS THIS YEAR.    Check it out in the "Extending the Hand of Kindness" folder or here: http://www.etiquettehell.com/smf/index.php?topic=139832.msg3372084#msg3372084   

• April 27, 2017, 12:20:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!  (Read 2232244 times)

gramma dishes

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #8445 on: April 24, 2017, 02:51:30 PM »
When I saw the added charges, I think I'd have walked out and started over elsewhere. 

LadyDyani

Re: "I'm never shopping THERE again!" Share your story!
« Reply #8446 on: April 24, 2017, 02:51:39 PM »
The place where I got my new-to-me car this last week.  The car was listed as a good buy.  Good mileage, priced just below the Kelly Blue Books pricing. 
Did all the stuff you are supposed to do. Told the guy that we wanted to put a hold on it until I got my money in the bank to pay for it.  He had the finance guy do up the paperwork for the estimate on the end result with tax and title.  $XX Cool. 
Note to self.  Always get a copy of that page.   
When we went in later that week to write the check?  The price at the end of that form was now more than $500 over the $XX that had been quoted on the first day.  WHAT?  Oh, yeah, they had not added the office cost (almost $180) and the cost of some wonky theft prevention etching (almost $350 and worthless if you have to replace that bit).
Livid.  Especially, since neither one was listed in the first estimate and made it more than the monies that I had going into that account.  (we had to fiddle with our savings to cover it.)  Plus we had called first thing that morning to tell our salesperson we would be at 5PM to fill out paperwork.  Got there and the salesguy had us walk with him over to the building with the financing offices.  Then salesguy left us in the waiting area and said it would just be a minute for the finance guy to finish up his last person.  It was 5:45 before we were greeted by the finance guy.  (No other customers walked out from that area the entire time we waited) :(

And side note.  The day we test drove it, there was this weird glop (about the diameter of a pingpong ball) of glitter on the steering wheel with glitter on the top of the door.  It looked like glitter fingernail polish.  I told the salesguy that it needed to be taken back to the detail group and removed.  It's gone (except for about a dozen itty bitty flecks on the steering wheel), but apparently the detail guys were not happy to have to do it.  Umm dudes.  It's your job to detail the car.  Yes, glitter is the bane of most crafters' existence, but still.

Getting a free oil change from them in about 3 months and giving them a scathing review on the survey they just sent me. 
The horrible thing is that a dear friend's husband works there but we weren't able to work with him.  And now I am uber crabby about the place and it isn't his fault.

If you had threatened to walk out the salesman probably would have taken that $500 back off. The problem with bluffing is you have to be willing to follow through. Was not having to find another car worth that $500?

A story from my dad:  Back when my dad bought a house, everything was in order and they were about to sign the paperwork when the bank said they would need another $3475 at the signing for fees and such. That was the exact amount in my dad's checking account (same bank). Dad said "Oh. Nevermind then." and tried to leave. Suddenly they were mistaken about that, they didn't need the fees.

Of course, it was a lot easier for banks to rip people off in the late 80's. It was practically standard procedure.
English doesn't borrow from other languages, it follows them down dark alleys and beats them up and searches their pockets for loose grammar.