News: All new forum theme!  See Forum Announcements for more information. 

• August 30, 2015, 09:35:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Quoting E-Hell to friends and family  (Read 1520 times)

FauxFoodist

Re: Quoting E-Hell to friends and family
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2015, 11:31:58 PM »
I have no problem telling people about eHell.

I often am reading it at the pub after work and it's started many a conversation with my friends when I find an interesting thread and ask their opinions.  ;D

I'm not worried about it, either.  DH knows all about it, and I'll share some of the stories with him (typically the ones that either trouble me or where I think posters are being way *way* off).  I don't tell other people directly about this site (nor about any other sites I usually visit for information) but were someone to discover the forum and confront me, I'd have no issue with saying, "Well, as a matter of fact..." because it's typically *their* bad behavior I'm writing about.  Unless they want to open that can of worms, it actually would be in their best interest not to ask me anything.  I, as a rule, am not non-confrontational, but my general preference is to be left alone and not messed with because I really don't want to have to bring out my combative side (it's tiring).

Mad Goat Woman

• formerly Hamlet: The Original Emo
    • Mad Goat Woman
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2015, 03:53:16 AM »
My mother's very fond of "not my circus, not my monkeys" now. ;D

I introduced the saying to my local quilters group. They reckon half of Braidwood will end up using it.

Captains Flat, Australia

Klein Bottle

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2015, 10:34:49 AM »
Fairly recently, I posted a thread on behalf of my BFF, to ask about a situation she was.facing regarding her in-laws. However, she doesn't go online much, except to pay bills and research medical conditions, so she's not really interested in reading here or becoming a member.

I explained "jerk eating crackers" to my mom, and she loves that. "Hill to die on" has become a regular part of my vernacular.    ;)
Soft silly music is meaningful, magical

Carotte

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2015, 12:11:03 PM »
I've often brought up things I learned here with friends, as a shortcut I talk about the anglophone forum I'm on.
My ex knew fully well what forum it was, I've often wondered if he ever looked me/my posts up, it wouldn't be hard to find me, even without knowing my username.
I never posted things I would be bothered by him finding, even more now that he's an ex.

Esther_bunny

• Life is too short for cheap chocolate!
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2015, 05:46:23 PM »
Only DH knows bc sometimes when he asks what I'm doing I'll say,"I'm etiquette-helling."
Other times I just mention that I read t ona forum somewhere.

Bijou

• Super Hero!
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2015, 12:25:33 AM »
I have mentioned the site to other people, but just in passing.  I don't encourage them to come here, even though this is not a place where I discuss my family issues.  My husband knows I come here and I discuss some threads of interest with him, or threaten to report some lousy driver or clerk to e Hell.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 12:28:19 AM by Bijou »
I've never knitted anything I could recognize when it was finished.  Actually, I've never finished anything, much to my family's relief.

Reika

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2015, 05:44:35 AM »
Sometimes I'll mention that there's this "etiquette board" I visit online, but no real details. This is my space that I don't want to share. :)