Author Topic: WOW  (Read 16575 times)

Jan74

Re: WOW
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 11:26:16 AM »
The only thing I personally have a problem with is that shirtless dude, in just the vest and suspenders.

Men's armpits at a wedding is definitely not to my taste.

TheresaJr.

« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2011, 11:06:19 PM »
Camouflage weddings aren't my cup of tea but, then again, I'm not paying for it.  They do seem happy.

Right now, I'm freezing in the Midwest.  The people in the photos look so nice and warm right now.  I'd give anything to be there. 

lurkerwisp

« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2011, 05:33:26 PM »
Hey!  This took place just south of where I live!  Some of our friends have a camp down there.  It's really pretty, but I bet it was buggy.

SingActDance

• You don't know me, but I'm famous.
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2011, 11:02:06 AM »
The only thing that got me was the license plate that reads "Just married...I'd rather be hunting."
Most people look at musical theatre and think "Why are those people singing and dancing in the street?" I'm sort of the opposite. I see a street full of people and think, "Why aren't they?"

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2011, 10:20:54 AM »
The only thing that got me was the license plate that reads "Just married...I'd rather be hunting."

Could be worse - I once came across a license plate that said "I'd rather be breeding."

After my first  :o, I realized it was surrounded by tiny horses and sulkies, and that the car must belong to someone who bred standard-bred race horses.

The hilarious part was that the car was parked outside a maternity hospital....
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Kittymama

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 09:32:53 PM »
I recently came across pictures online of someone I used to know...apparently the wedding had a Tarantino movies theme, and there were (fake) bloody body parts as part of the decor, along with the cake being in a body bag. The groom is a homicide investigator. Would you say that was rude? Personally, I found it super-creepy.

iridaceae

• Boring in real life as well
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2011, 06:34:14 AM »
I recently came across pictures online of someone I used to know...apparently the wedding had a Tarantino movies theme, and there were (fake) bloody body parts as part of the decor, along with the cake being in a body bag. The groom is a homicide investigator. Would you say that was rude? Personally, I found it super-creepy.

I went to a wedding and reception once and the reception was very laid back.  After the first "cutting of the cake" the bride and groom went off to mingle and a member of their church decided to be helpful and finish cutting the cake for the couple.....he was one of the city's pathologists. I nearly choked on my soda when I saw him.

My father- who did not attend- still wonders if the pathologist used a knife from work or not.

Jan74

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 07:20:28 AM »
I'd have had a great time at that Tarantino wedding.

Best wedding I've ever attended had a children's party theme. We were instructed to wear jeans, and there was a ball pit, a bouncy castle (all that had adult weight limits so we could play), hot dogs, cotton candy, ice cream, etc. The invites etc. had a circus theme.

Kittymama

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2011, 02:03:23 PM »

Best wedding I've ever attended had a children's party theme. We were instructed to wear jeans, and there was a ball pit, a bouncy castle (all that had adult weight limits so we could play), hot dogs, cotton candy, ice cream, etc. The invites etc. had a circus theme.

Okay, that would rock! I must keep that in mind if I ever have occasion to get married again.  :P

Twik

• A Pillar of the Forum
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2011, 09:50:36 PM »

I'm not sure that the two things are quite equivalent.

I'd prefer my cake not to look like a dismembered body.
My cousin's memoir of love and loneliness while raising a child with multiple disabilities will be out on Amazon soon! Know the Night, by Maria Mutch, has been called "full of hope, light, and companionship for surviving the small hours of the night."

Jan74

« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2011, 12:04:15 PM »

I'm not sure that the two things are quite equivalent.

I'd prefer my cake not to look like a dismembered body.

They are not equivalent, but I'd laugh at a body bag cake anyway. It is just my kind of sense of humor.

BeeGee01

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2011, 11:02:14 AM »
Well, it's not what I would have wanted for my wedding, or my children's wedding for that matter.  But from the photos, everyone looks like they are having a blast.  So for that group of people, looks like it was the perfect day.

The thing I noticed is that it appears they paid close attention to detail.  They made sure there was adequate food for the guests, appropriate seating, since it was outdoors they appeared to have some areas that provided relief from the elements. That's what a good hostess/host does for their wedding guests so they seemed to hit the mark on that.

While the decorations were not those usually found in traditional bridal stores...they did decorate the place.  That was not some thrown together last minute wedding/reception.  They thought it through and did it up to their own personal tastes.

Can't ask for much more than that.